**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best Four star champion to begin game with?

DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Let's say you were starting a new free to play account today. Who is the best four star champion to start the game with?

Let's just assume that won't be able to complete LOL with a 4 star champion and take that out of the picture, but master quests, act iv full completion, and 5.1, 5.2 and even a possible 5.3 are all big factors.

Also, since you are free 2 play you might not be able to dupe the champ until fully exploring act IV, so if the hero is average until then he's probably not the best choice....

Best Four star champion to begin game with? 33 votes

Gwen Pool
18%
Erza_ScarletStefffSakkbanKestrelleNemesis666SWIFTY 6 votes
Blade
15%
Viper1987nebAnonymous346vinniegainzMr_mc_person34 5 votes
Stark Spiderman
51%
Noob_2yrsmum_m2DarkZenadqqedfyvrRavenrob_33RotellyJim0172tuposacpSonOfGwynReinaKorporate_KurtXcrøss_TRimnooneragnarok_HugsForEveryoneedder123Blaargo 17 votes
Starlord
15%
JOHNOSA1995CableFluffydragon2dolann__Iron_Spider 5 votes

Comments

• Stark Spiderman
    Spider-Man!
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD. POSTED PREMATURELY. HAHA
  • StefffStefff Posts: 121
    Gwen Pool
    Spidey and SL require skill to play that you won't have at first. Blade relies on being awakened, as does SL. But GP is good unawakened and her abilities don't rely on skill as much as rng.
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    who is the best overall champ? My poll posted prematurely. Would it be iceman?
  • Stark Spiderman
    I think Stark Spidey! He has shock and he has great health and atack!
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Blade
    Blade is probably not as good unduped as GP and SS as his sig gives him regen. However, his damage output and power gain is very respectable and in time you would be able to dupe/awaken him, which would make him the only champ of the 4 with regenerative abilities and sustainability. For that reason, I think Blade is better.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Blade
    ragnarok_ wrote: »
    I think Stark Spidey! He has shock and he has great health and atack!

Great health? He seriously has one of the lowest health values in the game lol. Maybe a tiny bit more than say Electro or Rocket, but that's not saying much.
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    Stark Spiderman
    Starky is a great champ!
  • Stark Spiderman
    Romyjart wrote: »
    Starky is a great champ!

YESS!!! I agree
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    who is the best overall champ? My poll posted prematurely. Would it be iceman?

There is no best overall champ. There's a lot of different things you use champions for, and there are different "best champs" for different things. Moreover, some champs great at certain things are not very good at all in others, so its not just a question of trying to judge the best among equals.

If I had to pick the best 4* champ to start the game with unawakened, which was the premise of your original post, I'd probably say Dr. Voodoo. He is better awakened, but he has heal, good damage, and power control. There are better healers, better damage dealers, and better power control champs. But it is hard to find those three things in a single unawakened package. Voodoo is also not a difficult champion to learn to fight with in the beginning, so a new player can get a lot of mileage out of him right out of the box.

Iceman is a really good champ with triple immunity, good damage, and some interesting mechanics like ice armor. But he is a little harder to learn to play well, and doesn't have healing (important for new players) or power control. He is the equal of Voodoo or better in the end game with the end game content threats, and a better boss killer in my opinion, but not as good at the things a new player would normally need.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited October 2017
    All are good for an start.

i'll say X-23 and Ultron are the best for a newbie, good damage and regeneration and way too simple to use. Sparky might be too complex and needs dexterity. SL needs a dupe and Blade to regen needs a dupe too.