**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cable vs Emma R3 any testimonies?

2»

Comments

• Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    Cable (With Apoc)

Emma easily, immune to basically everything, counters evade, extremely sustainable, and high damage

Cable is just degen damage.

I have a R3 Emma and a R2 Cable with a R3 Apoc. Cable got used exactly 0 times in 7.2, Emma was one of my most used champs.

Do not listen to KD. He said Apoc was dud. He cannot be trusted. Also that colossus was on the same level as Quake and Ghost.

Dude seriously you should have used cable on heavy assault node in 7.2...he cleared entire lane for me except warlock...also cable is useful ...cable also makes apoc great
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Emma Frost (Prof X synergies)
    I can't explain how much utility she has. She's currently my top champ, have her as a 4/55 and 5/50
  • TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

A champ shouldn’t need another champ to make them not virtually useless.

This 100%.

Having to use at least 1, if not 2, slots on a team to have a god tier champ isn’t a good use of resources.

Champs like Doom, Claire, Quake and Corvus are are beyond-god tier their own.

CAIW is god tier on his own and is made beyond-god tier by having a variety of teammates, but it really doesn’t matter who they are. Just give him a mix.

AA is god-tier on his own but is made beyond-god tier by Apoc once he’s a Horseman.

Cable without Apoc (and Warlock, who really boosts him further) is vanilla ice cream. Yeah, it’s serviceable if you really need to have ice cream, but it only really satisfies if it has other things to enhance it.

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

Texas_11 said:

This 100%.

AA is god-tier on his own but is made beyond-god tier by Apoc once he’s a Horseman.
    So are you trying to say that AA isn't also beyond god tier on his own? 🧐
  • TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Texas_11 said:

This 100%.

So are you trying to say that AA isn't also beyond god tier on his own? 🧐
    AA really is in the beyond-god tier category on his own, but I didn’t want to put “beyond-beyond-god tier” with Horseman status.

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    walkerdog said:

walkerdog said:

Neither is a good choice imo. If you REALLY need to rank one for TB, I guess cable. But id just sit on it until you get a bit better one.

They are both really good mutants it doesn't get much better than that
    Havok, sunspot, apoc, prof x, AA, colossus, OR, namor, red magneto are all pretty clearly better. Theres also some that might fit better like domino, stryfe, storm x, and sabretooth.
    Or, Namor, AA, are not immediately better and need max sig/high sig. Sunspot is not better IMO, and I would say the same about Havok but that's up to some. Apoc, Prof X, and Colossus are probably the only ones better
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    I don't know specifically regarding the argument of Cable v Emma.

But, I just R2'd my Cable, and don't really envision him needing to be R3.
    His playstyle (with Apocalypse) is to just parry+heavy and stack Degens. This means it doesn't really matter what stats get a bump up in going to R3.
    Looking at AuntM.ai, the bump between R2 and R3 heavy degen is ~10k to ~12k. While that means an R3 would get an additional 10,000 degen damage from 5 stacks, most current state defenders melt just fine from an R2 Cable.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★

Emma = Mutant Corvus?!?!

Special attacks go crazy!

Not an Iron Fist counter, imagine 😂

Beyond God Tier ROL Winter Soldier sp2 counter?

New Queen of Special Attack Damage? Professor X mudded

Quake who? AAR queen 👑

Imagine only 1 power sting, peasant numbers for king Yellowjacket 🐝

Who needs Doom?

Says the person who said Apoc was a dud.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Cable (With Apoc)
    Cable’s the best forget the rest.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Cable (With Apoc)
    Oh yeah? Show me the gameplay where emma out clears cable lol.