**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Red Goblin R3?

DonDudu2809DonDudu2809 Posts: 348 ★★
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Should i Rank 3 and awaken Red Goblin? (My Cosmic roster is kinda dry)
I am sitting on two awakening gems and two t5 cosmic catalysts. Unlike most people i don't have a problem wiith his playstyle also i think he could be a candidate for a "numbers tweak" but even if he doesn't get one, his ability to not let the opponent to ever get to the sp3 is imo good enough utility next to the decent damage and incinerate immunity. What do you think?

Red Goblin R3? 60 votes

Go for it! R3 and awaken
70%
CyborgNinja135Strikerrx8Texas_11LibertyPrimeV1lIPowerIl10or_StrongRockyshockyJhonST33Dr_Z01dbergKill_GreyStevieManWonderIron_Patriot_is_litkubricknolanHera1d_of_Ga1actusBigKidScottyMaratoxILLUSION8Doctor_Strange19A7madD1wSparx265 42 votes
Keep the resources
30%
Lvernon15BrokenAdvMoosetiptronicKDSuperFlash10RockypantherxQacobGwenpoolManTotalMonster109Param1988Phillip14233Prakhar_82KablRekManGWadrielWooptyfrickendooOEMVBarri8 18 votes
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Red Goblin for sure is underrated. The awakening part seems a little too much IMO, because unless high sig, the extra buff seems underwhelming.

But rank 3? Hell yeah!
  • DonDudu2809DonDudu2809 Posts: 348 ★★

Red Goblin for sure is underrated. The awakening part seems a little too much IMO, because unless high sig, the extra buff seems underwhelming.

But rank 3? Hell yeah!

I think it is worth it because the number of debuffs you can apply are based on the number of buffs you have :)
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★

But rank 3? Hell yeah!

I think it is worth it because the number of debuffs you can apply are based on the number of buffs you have :)
    Well to that part, yes.
    But if I were you, I'd wait for a lil more time.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Keep the resources
    As you have 2 of each of t5cc and cosmic AG, you aren't losing much given what you have.. And you don't run suicides.

However... I have him awakened and staying firmly at r1. I have Corvus, CGR, Cull, Red goblin, Heimdall, Carnage, BB, airwalker, venompool and Ronan as 6 stars though... And run suicides.

If you had 5* or 6* Odin or Heimdall, he'd, maybe, be worth it as you have Angela ranked, but even then, can't see where you'll use him.

He's just not that good compared to so many others in the cosmic class. You pull Corvus, Angela, CGR, Medusa (now she's coming out), venom, cull, CMM; they are all r3 worthy without question. Red goblin is a borderline case. He's good, just not good enough.
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    does red goblin need to be awakened? does he beenfit a lot?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    @Rockypantherx has some choice words on Roblin and @Texas_11 actually likes him.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Go for it! R3 and awaken
    I see way too many people hold on to resources for way too long, if you Enjoy the Character just Rank him up!
    You've already got all the Monster Level Cosmics as 5 Stars Ranked Up, on top of that using the Fun "Non-Meta" Champions also helps avoid Burnout.

Personally I only Rank Up the 6 Stars that Need the boost or I Enjoy Playing, so for example I kept Magneto/Prof X at Rank 1 because they can handle their Matchups just fine at Rank 1 but Rank 2ed Gambit because it helps his Overall Damage while having Solid Overall Utility and he very well may be my first Rank 3 since I also have Horseman Mode.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Keep the resources
    I have the sig 60 6*. Can’t stand him. His utility requires sacrificing his damage, his evade and autoblock counter requires 3-4 fights or building to an SP3 to be effective, and venom does the spider-verse evade counter better

Since you don’t have venom, maybe do it, but I find him be quite ineffective at everything he does.

And I say this as someone who also has 2 cosmic T5CC.

Although if you have an Odin he becomes fairly significantly better.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    @Texas_11 come tell us how he is better then CGR
  • LORDSPOOKY66LORDSPOOKY66 Posts: 290 ★★
    Go for it! R3 and awaken

I have the sig 60 6*. Can’t stand him. His utility requires sacrificing his damage, his evade and autoblock counter requires 3-4 fights or building to an SP3 to be effective, and venom does the spider-verse evade counter better

Since you don’t have venom, maybe do it, but I find him be quite ineffective at everything he does.

He reduces spider verse evade acuuracy passively he's a better counter than venom. He does need the fights to ramp up but the debuffs make his damage crazy.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Keep the resources

He reduces spider verse evade acuuracy passively he's a better counter than venom. He does need the fights to ramp up but the debuffs make his damage crazy.
    It’s also only 100%, which makes it susceptible to increased ability accuracy, which is a more common node on spiderverse champs. Something venom doesn’t suffer from.
    Keep the resources

Completely agree. @DonDudu2809 have you used him yet? His double hit ending medium is a pain to chain specials into as well. And without Odin or Heimdall, you've got to spam a lot of specials to ramp up damage.

By the time he gets into his flow in the first fight in act 6 or 7 content, CGR or CMM will already have finished the second.

Play him against WS as he's rank 1 and compare him to your 4* Medusa, hype and cgr..
    edited May 2021

Completely agree. @DonDudu2809 have you used him yet? His double hit ending medium is a pain to chain specials into as well. And without Odin or Heimdall, you've got to spam a lot of specials to ramp up damage.

By the time he gets into his flow in the first fight in act 6 or 7 content, CGR or CMM will already have finished the second.

Play him against WS as he's rank 1 and compare him to your 4* Medusa, hype and cgr..
    Compared to CGR almost any R5 5 star will kill WS slower than the 4* version of CGR xD (tested it). Also about the 2nd medium on my phone (i have 90hz) it is fluid enough that i don't have a problem.
    Go for it! R3 and awaken

WS is a poor test for Red Goblin... That's like saying Venom The Duck isn't good for Labyrinth (which is true) so he's not good for anything (which is false) 😂

Red Goblin does Awesome on the Cavalier Monthly Node and Fun as hell in Variants, should do good in AQ since he has plenty of fights to Ramp Up on...
    Keep the resources

WS is a poor test for Red Goblin... That's like saying Venom The Duck isn't good for Labyrinth (which is true) so he's not good for anything (which is false) 😂

Red Goblin does Awesome on the Cavalier Monthly Node and Fun as hell in Variants, should do good in AQ since he has plenty of fights to Ramp Up on...
    I am sure he does. But you wouldn't take him over venom, Angela, Medusa, hype, CMM, cgr and that's before you consider the next tier, like cull, surfer, arkus, Odin, terrax. With a well rounded roster, you'd not use him.

The op, on the other hand, doesn't have decent 6* options, so I can understand the temptation and as a 6* 3/45 he'll hit hard. But monthly EQ, or AQ? I'd rather use his 5/65 angela, hype or CGR. They'll do it faster and safer.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Go for it! R3 and awaken
    Red Goblin is an extremely undervalued champion. An example in 7.2 there is a quest where if your buff is nullified the enemy gains 75% of power , I brought in CGR as well as red goblin . Red goblin was able to keep that power drain up which made the power gain null and void. Don’t get scared off by people saying he needs 5 fights. It’s really not necessary, and they come naturally.

His armor breaks are easily accessible and his incinerates are potent as well.

I used a generic 6* AG and took my Roblin up to R3. Every time I say *whew glad I had my Roblin with me.

He is also capable of soling abyss champions.

Incinerate immune
    Spidey evade counter
    Power burn immune

I do think the problem with him is the damage potential is closer to the end of quest and when you have 5 charges it feels less satisfying to use him before those 5 charges.

People will tell you CGR is the better champ and wait for him. But as you play the two, you will find that Red Goblin just checks off more boxes over and over again.

When you add Odin!! Bro; he became a force to be reckoned with.
    Go for it! R3 and awaken

I am sure he does. But you wouldn't take him over venom, Angela, Medusa, hype, CMM, cgr and that's before you consider the next tier, like cull, surfer, arkus, Odin, terrax. With a well rounded roster, you'd not use him.

The op, on the other hand, doesn't have decent 6* options, so I can understand the temptation and as a 6* 3/45 he'll hit hard. But monthly EQ, or AQ? I'd rather use his 5/65 angela, hype or CGR. They'll do it faster and safer.
    Faster and safer gets old, idk about y'all but I don't like using the same 10 Dominating Champions over and over for everything...
    But my point was the "Of Legends" Quests are a poor judge for his type of Playstyle, the Resetting Monthly Quests and Variants are better case and something we're always doing.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Go for it! R3 and awaken

Press your special after the first Medium hit not the second and you won't have any problems
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Go for it! R3 and awaken

I used him in AQ for the sixth sense lane.

He also has great BP.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    ddom said:

He does. It greatly benefit his kit if he’s awakened because he gets more buffs.

I’m surprised no one has asked this but are you thronebreaker? If you’re not and you enjoy him, go for it. I personally feel like if you enjoy him period, go for it but other wise, it’s not worth it at all. Those resources are too precious for you to spend them on a meh champion if you’re not fully committed.
    Will3808 said:

ddom said:

He does. It greatly benefit his kit if he’s awakened because he gets more buffs.

I’m surprised no one has asked this but are you thronebreaker? If you’re not and you enjoy him, go for it. I personally feel like if you enjoy him period, go for it but other wise, it’s not worth it at all. Those resources are too precious for you to spend them on a meh champion if you’re not fully committed.
    I am Thronebreaker, also Breaker of Thrones. All the content i have left is exploring V1, V2, V7(because i was lazy), 7.2 (working on it), Abyss exploration and LoL exploration (won't bother since rewards aren't that great)
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Keep the resources
    Nah save the catalyst, Red Goblin is a bang average champion
  • Go for it! R3 and awaken
    I am an experienced player with a currently unawakened Red Goblin, I currently use him as a 5* champ in my roster and i love his playstyle, damage dealing and especially his symbiote / bloodlust buffs. He is a great Cosmic champion because he is Immune to Incinerate and Power Burn Debuffs; plus he reduces the Ability Accuracy and Passive Evades for FULL 100% for all #Spider-Verse Champion Opponents. I believe i don't even have to mention his Bloodlust and Frenzy stuff because it is just so damn great.

I really enjoy using him effectively by a specific strategy:
    Step 1: At the start of fight get your power to SP1 and use the SP1 right after finishing a combo with a light attack. that gives you Energize Buff to boost your power gain (do this twice).

Step 2: After that do the SP2 attack right after finishing a Medium Attack to receive a Fury Buff, adding additional Attack Rating to your Red Goblin.

Step 3 (important): After you have 2 Energize and 1 (or more) Fury Buffs, straight up go for an Aptitude Buff by Using an SP1 or SP2 attack while charging or after hitting an opponent with a Heavy Attack.
    Aptitude is OP since it boosts the potency of your Fury AND Energize Buffs. Potency basically means your buffs are more effective (for example: normal energize gives you 60% more power gain rate, but Aptitude and Energize give you 75% Power Gain Rate.). Once you have all necessary buffs, you can straight up blast the opponent easily and do the steps in cycles to win super fast.

With this strategy i have reached from 4.2 to 5.1 (first quest) in only few days.

This is my current status of Exploring all of Act 4:
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Go for it! R3 and awaken
    I’m surprised I haven’t been summoned to this thread yet.
    Absolutely r3 Roblin, but don’t awaken him. He doesn’t benefit as much from it as other cosmic champs.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Go for it! R3 and awaken
    Ah this is a necro my b
    Go for it! R3 and awaken

I am an experienced player with a currently unawakened Red Goblin, I currently use him as a 5* champ in my roster and i love his playstyle, damage dealing and especially his symbiote / bloodlust buffs. He is a great Cosmic champion because he is Immune to Incinerate and Power Burn Debuffs; plus he reduces the Ability Accuracy and Passive Evades for FULL 100% for all #Spider-Verse Champion Opponents. I believe i don't even have to mention his Bloodlust and Frenzy stuff because it is just so damn great.

I really enjoy using him effectively by a specific strategy:
    Step 1: At the start of fight get your power to SP1 and use the SP1 right after finishing a combo with a light attack. that gives you Energize Buff to boost your power gain (do this twice).

Step 2: After that do the SP2 attack right after finishing a Medium Attack to receive a Fury Buff, adding additional Attack Rating to your Red Goblin.

Step 3 (important): After you have 2 Energize and 1 (or more) Fury Buffs, straight up go for an Aptitude Buff by Using an SP1 or SP2 attack while charging or after hitting an opponent with a Heavy Attack.
    Aptitude is OP since it boosts the potency of your Fury AND Energize Buffs. Potency basically means your buffs are more effective (for example: normal energize gives you 60% more power gain rate, but Aptitude and Energize give you 75% Power Gain Rate.). Once you have all necessary buffs, you can straight up blast the opponent easily and do the steps in cycles to win super fast.

With this strategy i have reached from 4.2 to 5.1 (first quest) in only few days.

This is my current status of Exploring all of Act 4:

I’m surprised I haven’t been summoned to this thread yet.
    Absolutely r3 Roblin, but don’t awaken him. He doesn’t benefit as much from it as other cosmic champs.

Y'all a bit late, this thread is from May 😂