**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Eternals Trailer

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0WVDKZJkGlY

some of these designs could be very cool in game

thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,382 ★★★★★
    Im actually excited for this movie in november
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

i'm somewhat mad that we got an eternals trailer before the spider-man trailer

wdym? It does come out before Spider-Man lol

besides we’ll get one soon (maybe June 1st for tom bday)
    i mean yeah, but i'm way more excited for spider-man than i am for eternals
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    Notice they said 'Captain Rogers', because Captain America is Sam Wilson. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I like the Concept of the Eternals but it just seems so spread out with so many “MAIN” characters
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I’m not a huge eternals fan, but I do know this movie could be decent. Basically, it’ll be perfect gods (eternals) vs ugly gods (?) (deviants)
    However, I’m only interested in the celestials that will probably pop up in the movie. That said, I really don’t care about the eternals that much. I would be WAY more hyped if they announced a movie on any of the marvel ‘supermen’ (Hype, sentry, BM, gladiator)
  • Options
    N1nthcloudN1nthcloud Posts: 343 ★★★
    Dr.strange multiverse of madness is what i really want.

But imo MCU has never made one bad movie.

Eternals will be 🔥it will probably turn into a great movie that you didnt know you needed
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★

I collected Guardians and Eternals as a kid. So I'm excited to see some heavyweight characters that others may not be familiar with. Plus I think Guardians will introduce some huge storylines to the MCU that are more mainstream.

FYI... Marvel execs was "blown away" by how good the movie turned out.
    Different can be a great thing sometimes... but we shall see. 😌

And when exactly has Marvel Execs been a reliable Indication of a good movie? It's not exactly a large pool of opinions there.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Terra said:

I collected Guardians and Eternals as a kid. So I'm excited to see some heavyweight characters that others may not be familiar with. Plus I think Guardians will introduce some huge storylines to the MCU that are more mainstream.

FYI... Marvel execs was "blown away" by how good the movie turned out.
    Different can be a great thing sometimes... but we shall see. 😌

And when exactly has Marvel Execs been a reliable Indication of a good movie? It's not exactly a large pool of opinions there.
    Fair enough.
    All I know is I was a fan growing up. And people said the same things about the first Guardians movie if they were unfamiliar with the comics.

Maybe Eternals will be a dud. But I doubt it. It looks like exactly what the comic was. Something off the beaten path. Marvel needs those kind of movies too.

To each his own. I'm excited!
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★

Doesn’t look quite intriguing from the trailer. I hope the movie has quite a surprise rolled up its sleeve since there is an Oscar winning director on board.

Some trailers show all the impressive scenes before you even make it to the theater.
    I think this was the reverse strategy of saving the good stuff for later.
  • Options
    Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    So will The Eternals be the link to mutants in the MCU?
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Always liked the eternals as a B or C group in the marvel universe. Neil Gaiman did a great mini series a while back as well. I’m interested in seeing it. As for MCOC they’ll squeeze them in as they are wont to do.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Their relative anonymity is a wildcard that could go a couple of ways: like GotG, a less well-known property, they could explode into the scene with fresh takes on heroes pulled from a blank slate; or they might be the same type of project as the comics—redundant, derivative, boring. Or worse: preachy.

My suspicion is that the reason for an Eternals movie is that they sit at the crossroads of several different directions Marvel wants to go next. Their connection to Celestial manipulation gets you to cosmic entities like Galactus, which gets you indirectly to the Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four. And via Celestial manipulation they also get you to mutants, which gets you to the X-Men.

I think the Eternals' anonymity is a deliberate decision here. It allows them to lay the groundwork for downstream movies in a movie where expectations are intrinsically low. If the movie underperforms, well, it was a bunch of unknowns anyway and the downstream movies will cause people to quickly forget it. If it overperforms, then they look like geniuses and they can always build on it as they did with Guardians.
    I think you are correct here. It’s a low risk gamble—flop, and it’s a not a huge deal. Succeed and you prove again that Marvel has a golden touch with lesser properties that DC lacks with its biggest enterprises.

I’m hoping the teaser is deliberately vague in an effort to reveal as little as possible. It would be refreshing to see a Marvel movie de novo without the inevitable hype and previews.

But...it’s a bit jarring seeing Angelina Jolie in a Marvel movie, and that gets me concerned as well. Where Marvel has succeeded is (mostly) with new talent, emerging talent, washed-up talent, unknowns. Here and there an established name. This movie feels different and I hope its star power doesn’t drag it down.

If I recall correctly, didn’t Eternals begin filming before Shang-Chi? I hope that means we will get more stunning CGI than the trailer sneak peek—should be lots for a “cosmic” film.

We will see...

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Their relative anonymity is a wildcard that could go a couple of ways: like GotG, a less well-known property, they could explode into the scene with fresh takes on heroes pulled from a blank slate; or they might be the same type of project as the comics—redundant, derivative, boring. Or worse: preachy.

My suspicion is that the reason for an Eternals movie is that they sit at the crossroads of several different directions Marvel wants to go next. Their connection to Celestial manipulation gets you to cosmic entities like Galactus, which gets you indirectly to the Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four. And via Celestial manipulation they also get you to mutants, which gets you to the X-Men.

I think the Eternals' anonymity is a deliberate decision here. It allows them to lay the groundwork for downstream movies in a movie where expectations are intrinsically low. If the movie underperforms, well, it was a bunch of unknowns anyway and the downstream movies will cause people to quickly forget it. If it overperforms, then they look like geniuses and they can always build on it as they did with Guardians.
    I think you are correct here. It’s a low risk gamble—flop, and it’s a not a huge deal. Succeed and you prove again that Marvel has a golden touch with lesser properties that DC lacks with its biggest enterprises.

I’m hoping the teaser is deliberately vague in an effort to reveal as little as possible. It would be refreshing to see a Marvel movie de novo without the inevitable hype and previews.

But...it’s a bit jarring seeing Angelina Jolie in a Marvel movie, and that gets me concerned as well. Where Marvel has succeeded is (mostly) with new talent, emerging talent, washed-up talent, unknowns. Here and there an established name. This movie feels different and I hope its star power doesn’t drag it down.

If I recall correctly, didn’t Eternals begin filming before Shang-Chi? I hope that means we will get more stunning CGI than the trailer sneak peek—should be lots for a “cosmic” film.

We will see...

Dr. Zola
    Yeah they did. Probably will be a decent amount of cgi, but Chloe Zhao does favor a ton of on location shooting and natural lighting