**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Synergies = Substitute for Champion Updates !!?

Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
As the title suggests, are these 'Unique Synergies' on newer champs gonna be the only way to buff some of the much needed older champs? If so, this is just BS.
Earlier, there used to be champion updates every major update or so. But now there have been a couple months and we haven't seen any good update to all the poor champs that currently exist in the game. However, now we are seeing new champions being released with these special synergies with older champions that make them a bit more usable.
e.g
Medusa - Made BB better
Mephisto - Made DS a bit better
New Thor and Hela - Looks like they're gonna make Loki better.

So now i fear that we won't get any more updates to all these old champions we have collected and the only way to make them usable would be to grind for these newer champions.
I'm cool with the synergies and all, but these champs need to be updated on their own as well. You don't always have an extra spot in your team for every synergy, esp at higher game modes.
So is there a fix coming for these champs or not :
Strange, Ant-Man, LUKE CAGE, Loki, Colossus, Kamala, Groot, Cyclops, Iron Fists, Hulk Buster, Gambit, Carnage, Spider Gwen, Iron Patriot, Falcon, DD Netflix etc

Comments

• There is no incentive (monetary) for Kabam to revisit the old champs on their own and buff them. The synergies are pretty awesome and keeps the game fresh (they also encourage spending to acquire the new champs), I wouldn't recommend you holding your breath for any direct champ update.
  • Good
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Well looks like this is gonna be a thing now. 16.0 announced and no champion updates. Sad.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    edited October 2017
    There was a champion update lol, GP's heavy attack got nerfed...like really nerfed.
    Went from 50% to 5%, 10% would've been cool I guess.
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    There was a champion update lol, GP's heavy attack got nerfed...like really nerfed.

That doesn't effect her that much tbh.
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    The bar gets lower each update. I don't even care anymore.
  • There is no incentive (monetary) for Kabam to revisit the old champs on their own and buff them. The synergies are pretty awesome and keeps the game fresh (they also encourage spending to acquire the new champs), I wouldn't recommend you holding your breath for any direct champ update.

How when each those champs have a 5* variant with the same bs abilities that’s leaving them behind in regards to the meta of the game. Hell even the 6* variants will have the same abilities just more health and higher attack. Eventually it will have to be looked at.
  • WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Superman69 wrote: »

A 45% reduction in the ability to trigger a bleed effect isn't minor.

On heavies that rarely anyone would be using if it wasn't for the exploit

Onto OP, this is a good and bad thing, although they are ignoring some much needed love for old champions ( I remember when the game came out and Colossus was considered godly), at least their giving them some love via synergies.

When you think about it, your old characters get a bit stronger for having the new and stronger characters in your roster, but that shouldn't be a substitute for actually buffing old champions.
    Watden wrote: »
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Superman69 wrote: »

A 45% reduction in the ability to trigger a bleed effect isn't minor.

On heavies that rarely anyone would be using if it wasn't for the exploit

Onto OP, this is a good and bad thing, although they are ignoring some much needed love for old champions ( I remember when the game came out and Colossus was considered godly), at least their giving them some love via synergies.

When you think about it, your old characters get a bit stronger for having the new and stronger characters in your roster, but that shouldn't be a substitute for actually buffing old champions.

Agreed.

I like collecting champions. But i don't have the time for featured 4*s / money to cash out on crystals for every new champ. So i do the basics and get all the champs a few months after they are released.

It's good that they are making them better, but they should be usable on their own too. Like, if i want to use DS in AQ, i have to put mephisto in there too to give DS that little bit of extra regen that makes him slightly better. That wastes an extra spot just for a synergy.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    edited November 2017
    It's not about an exploit, the heavy attack it self is useless is the thing lol. 10-15% would've been ok I guess. By 5% us dumb af. There are times where you have terrible rng and wanna reset your armor break and the heavy attack could sometimes help you. Now its terrible, though we don't get a say so whatever. This'll make it to the update and stick to the game forever, we don't get to do anything about it.