**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New AW Updates

Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
What do you think? I for one think looks better than before imo and there be a might rewards update which I am very excited about.

Comments

• thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★

What do you think? I for one think looks better than before imo and there be a might rewards update which I am very excited about.

I thought they were only making quality of life changes. Was there an official update about reward update? If so please send me the link.
    @thanks4playing they confirmed on the post that rewards are being updated but no specifics yet
    Sweet! Yes I found it here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/266435/alliance-wars-season-27-attack-tactics-scoring-changes-schedule-update-and-more

• Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Ercarret said:

It all depends on how the new rewards look. If they are good enough for me to care about AW again, I might care about whatever other changes are coming. But if I don't care about AW, all of those changes are kind of moot.

☝️☝️☝️
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Not a huge fan so far. Who cares how many times you die will lose some points but encouraging throwing revives at the problem by making exploring 100% a must.

Yeah the 100% seems like a hassle.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Not a huge fan so far. Who cares how many times you die will lose some points but encouraging throwing revives at the problem by making exploring 100% a must.

So what do you propose? Bring back DKs? That's worse than what we have now.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I'm just happy that redoubled determination is getting removed. Can finally have a reason to use my iabom on offense 🙄.

I didn't mind the node tbh. Just that certain champs had dumb interactions.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

I'm just happy that redoubled determination is getting removed. Can finally have a reason to use my iabom on offense 🙄.

Most champs there could be falconed or claired either way. But certain placements were just super annoying.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Most champs there could be falconed or claired either way. But certain placements were just super annoying.
    Like I don't mind the concept of the node. Yeah putting champs there that many relied on debuffs to get down makes sense. It adds a difficulty. But for ImAbom, it was the opposite. He puts debuffs on himself. Pretty stupid interaction.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Looking at the positives, I love the idea of selecting your own attacker tactic individually. Helps the strategy and to suit your own roster and path
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Do you guys at Kabam even know what Tier 1 is like? Quality of life update? There is no quality in that update.

It is utterly mind boggling at how disconnected Kabam is with their Tier 1/End Game players.

No update for Tier 1 players. No banning or docking for the cheaters. Why even play anymore?

This update is insulting.

The best not QOF is the loyalty store boast and the timer for energy that it there didn’t really said it wil be for tier1 at leat for how I’m read it
  • ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 170
    Absolutely hate every single thing about the tier 3/5 changes.

With the icing on the cake ruining falcon who I just r3ed bc of the fact he was an amazing war attacker.

Now they add the extra 15% aa for evade.

We did NOT NEED eaiser tactics and removal
    Of the 3-4 hard nodes.

People still clueless how to fight Ibom? Research.

100% hate every word on that update.
  • Arsenal33Arsenal33 Posts: 99
    Will you choose attacker tactics during matchmaking or do we get to see what the defensive tactic is first?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Grub said:

So are you actually going to make the map harder?

A lot of tier 1 master wars are already extremely close in low single digits deaths.

This isn’t really making it any better. R3 attackers have made most of the nodes a joke. Need to buff the attack and health % on all of tier 1 maps.

The vast majority of the fights outside of the boss are under a minute (if that). Bring back the challenge.

We are definitely aware. And that's why I made sure to call out the fact that we're moving faster than ever to continue to make changes to AW, and that Tier 1 is a priority.

We wanted to make changes for this season and had some ideas, but after some consultations with Top Players and amongst each other, we found that we didn't have the answer we were looking for yet and needed to go back to the Drawing board and look at multiple solutions and that unless we wanted to delay this season even further, we couldn't increase the difficulty in the Top Tiers without doing something extremely punishing.

We know that these changes aren't the answers to Tier 1 War problems, and know we need to work on them. But these do offer an improved War Experience for 99% of our Alliances, and we didn't want to continue to hold them back until we find a solution for our most competitive players.

Season 28 will have more changes, and so will Season 29, 30, 31, etc. We know you've all waited a long time for answer to your stressors, and we are asking that you wait a little longer, but know that we are on the case.
    A bit of topic do’s that meant you guys completely forgot abudt rewap tge AW experience you guys said one the first dev because for me this game mode never ben fun since season starts because pretty much one dead decided the win or tie or loss and that embarrassment enough and with severe going down count as a lost

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I’m going to wait and reserve any judgement until more info about the rewards are released. I’m interested to see how much easier the wars will be now after reading the update though.