**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lazy/Cheap buffing

LuciferiamdevilLuciferiamdevil Posts: 74
edited May 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Kabam buffed a lot of champions in a good way and gave them many utilities or else damage but there were some who didn't even count as a buff it was more like nothing changed in their kits, one big example is Nova buff where nothing has changed and still he has that annoying playstyle which is really not practical in using him anywhere in the game, he was a defender and remained as a defender after the buff then what was the point of buffing him @Kabam Miike .
Kabam even eliminated any hopes for him getting a good buff in the future by giving him just nothing and adding him to buffed character list, look at the next months buffs where a value only buff is too good(ebony maw).
I know some people will spam this thread by saying not every champ will become a solid champ but summoners think about it did nova got anything in his kit that he didnt had before plus they didn't even change his annoying playstyle so that he could be used differently, @Kabam Miike will nova be on your buff list again or is he just finalised as he is now thats the question.
Thanks all for your time reading this thread and its a request to not spam this thread with annoying comments.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    They have stated repeatedly that just because a champ receives a buff now does not mean they cannot get more in the future.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Djin said:

If I can remember, this is the second time Ebony Maw has received a buff. The first buff did close to nothing.
    There's still some hope for Nova....

The first buff ws strictly defensive....this time he's got improved as an attacker
  • LuciferiamdevilLuciferiamdevil Posts: 74

someone just pulled a 6 star nova

Bro i have him for more than a year now if thats what you're thinking
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I have a rank 2 6 star. Defender 🤷🏽‍♂️

But why are you just saying this now? He was buffed 2 months ago? And not all buffs are gonna be game changing like magneto.
    I did a thread when those buffs were released as well but seeing a value only buff changing ebony maw so much made me do this thread and i never said in the thread that i needed a magneto level buff for him so please don't argue for nothing.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

But why are you just saying this now? He was buffed 2 months ago? And not all buffs are gonna be game changing like magneto.
    It’s not as black and white as Magneto level or Nova and you know that.

There are so many ways nova could have been made more useful, and kabam tweaked a couple of inconsequential values. At least put some effort into making him better, I’d have been happy with a vulture, massacre or that sort of buff which made them more usable and fun

Nova buff did close to nothing

I did a thread when those buffs were released as well but seeing a value only buff changing ebony maw so much made me do this thread and i never said in the thread that i needed a magneto level buff for him so please don't argue for nothing.

There are so many ways nova could have been made more useful, and kabam tweaked a couple of inconsequential values. At least put some effort into making him better, I’d have been happy with a vulture, massacre or that sort of buff which made them more usable and fun

well you just want a buff right? Then he is buffed, you need to remember juggernaut and sentry was buffed as well, Why aren't you 2 crying about that as well?
    As they are not buffs from the new schedule, they are much more likely than nova to get buffs. I’m fine with nova being buffed and not being magneto level, what I’m not fine with is kabam changing a couple of fury values and calling it a day.

Ah yes, the age old “you disagree with something so you must be crying about it”. An argument usually heard from 12 year olds.

I’m putting my opinion across fine, if you think that’s crying then you’re extremely wrong. If you’re trying to invalidate someone else’s opinion by childishly attempting to get a rise out of them then you’re immature.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I don’t mean to be mean but it seems like you’re complaining about the base of nova and not the actual buff. He’s an okay champion and a good defender and because of that kabam wasn’t going to completely overhaul him because his playstyle didn’t fit most people. Sorry that you don’t like novas playstyle but they’re not going to change that unless a champion is completely unusable.
    Will3808 said:

I don’t mean to be mean but it seems like you’re complaining about the base of nova and not the actual buff. He’s an okay champion and a good defender and because of that kabam wasn’t going to completely overhaul him because his playstyle didn’t fit most people. Sorry that you don’t like novas playstyle but they’re not going to change that unless a champion is completely unusable.

Yeah I agree for the most part. I’ve accepted the fact nova is unlikely to get another buff, I’ve built a bridge and gotten over it. However, I really hope kabam heard our feedback that some of us really don’t want more buffs in the same vein as nova. I don’t think it helps the game very much. I’m fine with tweaking small things as long as they actually affect the champion in a positive enough way. Nova’s damage was increased by about 15%%. If that’s all it took to make him a good champion, then why weren’t people using him beforehand with boosts?

He needed more than a slight damage tweak. Again, nova buff has been and gone- that’s ok with me. Just please no more buffs like nova in the future.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Far better if kabam could just make a queuing system instead of timeframe system. That way every plans they had for those champions could receive a well thorough thinking instead of being stressed by timeframe. Probably could have yielded better result in so many way. This game is not going anywhere for many years to come,

well you just want a buff right? Then he is buffed, you need to remember juggernaut and sentry was buffed as well, Why aren't you 2 crying about that as well?
    Man i requested to not spam with annoying comments but you had to do it anyways, im requesting again please its my opinion if you dont like it just ignore it but dont spam here go somewhere else 🙏
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

Man i requested to not spam with annoying comments but you had to do it anyways, im requesting again please its my opinion if you dont like it just ignore it but dont spam here go somewhere else 🙏
    That guy isn't spamming and you don't get to decide who posts or doesn't posts on an online forum.

Edit: While I disagree with that guy's comment (Sentry and Juggernaut were buffed in a different time altogether, the game's radically different since then), why don't you provide a counter-arguement instead of just asking people to not comment on a thread.

That guy isn't spamming and you don't get to decide who posts or doesn't posts on an online forum.

Edit: While I disagree with that guy's comment (Sentry and Juggernaut were buffed in a different time altogether, the game's radically different since then), why don't you provide a counter-arguement instead of just asking people to not comment on a thread.
    I can't argue with him all day he just don't get my point
    Or maybe he just don't wanna accept it
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    To be fair not all buffed champs need to be beyond god tier

To be fair not all buffed champs need to be beyond god tier

Not asking for a god tier buff m8 read above comments
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I don't see why all champs' buffs should make them widely usable tbh. Nova for example has a bit impractical playstyle, but his damage is now above average, so if someone pulls him mid-game, it's not a reason to cry. And unless you are doing high-endgame content, he is a viable option for players.
    Kerneas said:

I don't see why all champs' buffs should make them widely usable tbh. Nova for example has a bit impractical playstyle, but his damage is now above average, so if someone pulls him mid-game, it's not a reason to cry. And unless you are doing high-endgame content, he is a viable option for players.

Bro I'm not saying this but his buff was not noticeable thats why lazy buff is the title of this thread.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Anyways to the topic,

I agree, the Nova buff was a lazy buff, pretty much nothing changed that would make me use him more than before. Increased damage is nice, but it's a complex rotation for decent returns when there are much better and easier to use champions. No one's going to be any happier that they pull Nova now than they would be earlier. However as mentioned above, this could be due to the schedule changes and that Kabam just shoe-horned the buff into the schedule last minute. We don't know but whatever it is, still doesn't excuse the fact that it was a poor buff and that it would have been better to just buff Nova later instead of in April.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Bro I'm not saying this but his buff was not noticeable thats why lazy buff is the title of this thread.
    I think his numbers are noticeably higher. Yes his kit wasn't changed but I don't think there is something directly wrong about his kit. Some champs are played differently. I feel like you are critisizing the very idea of Nova design, not his buff. He has a complex kit of abilities that you don't like. And that is perfectly fine, you have every right to dislike a champ design and playstyle, just like anyone (I for example can't stand Quake but I understand people like her). Try thinking of it this way: some people like Nova's kit and if they wish, they can now use him much more efficiently because he hits harder. He may have some downsides but the question is where do they lie? In his numbers or in his kit? Kabam thought it's just numbers. They put Nova in a place where they want him to be.

What would you like to see in his buff? Value update? He has truestrike, non-contact mediums, autoblock, armorbreak and energy damage. That's not half bad. Or would you prefer a complete rebuild from scratch? Imo there are many champs who need complete rebuild more.
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

I think his numbers are noticeably higher. Yes his kit wasn't changed but I don't think there is something directly wrong about his kit. Some champs are played differently. I feel like you are critisizing the very idea of Nova design, not his buff. He has a complex kit of abilities that you don't like. And that is perfectly fine, you have every right to dislike a champ design and playstyle, just like anyone (I for example can't stand Quake but I understand people like her). Try thinking of it this way: some people like Nova's kit and if they wish, they can now use him much more efficiently because he hits harder. He may have some downsides but the question is where do they lie? In his numbers or in his kit? Kabam thought it's just numbers. They put Nova in a place where they want him to be.

What would you like to see in his buff? Value update? He has truestrike, non-contact mediums, autoblock, armorbreak and energy damage. That's not half bad. Or would you prefer a complete rebuild from scratch? Imo there are many champs who need complete rebuild more.
    True strike ends before u can use it effectively