**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New AW Updates

124»

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Chawi79 said:

Great post @Zan0 , because previously Kabam stated over and over again that 100% exploring shouldn't be the meta. What has happened with that 😅.

Boss rushes happens mostly I think in 2 occasions.

1) Alliances are learning the nodes of a higher tier and it is too costly to lose the boss points so they skip some paths. After getting more experienced they will also 100%. I think a very healthy and sensible learning curve.

2)At the last week of the season, your officers did the math. You can't reach te upper breaket anymore and you have enough points that you don't have to win anymore. So you can play easy and save pots/boosts. Also I think healthy and normal behaviour.

Why are you suddenly so bothered with Boss rushes Kabam?

Could be to have more units spent on war resources. I really wish everything in the game didnt have to always be monetized. First its resources like sig stones being behind paid offers, now its enforcing 100% exploration
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    Vision (Timely??) is one of the champs that can use the Slow Your Roll attack tactics but he doesn't have an armour up buff nor does does he have an armour break debuff so he can't actually benefit from it.

Vision buff confirmed?!
  • KryptonianHoeKryptonianHoe Posts: 1
    GagoH said:

High ground seems like a direct quake nerf. Don’t understand why the need to nerf a champ that requires the most skill to play? Since shes only available as a 5* shes going to lose relevancy in story mode as healthpools continue to rise. Wish the team was more transparent about these controversial defense tactics

Not really, more than half the champs in that pool you dont want to quake anyway because of passive power gain, and inbuilt anti evade mechanics (Prof X, IMIW). And the rest are bad defenders anyway. Modok seems to be only outlier. Quake is still gonna be as relevant as always.
  • @Kabam Miike Would the older defensive tactics be removed?
  • LuisBvvLuisBvv Posts: 139 ★★
    Why isn’t warlock in the slow your roll champs. He has an armor up buff and an armor break. I hope this is just a major oversight snd he’s included. He’s the perfect counter to node 25 with this so please include him
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Boss rushing was never an intended thing, especially as a way to win wars. If you win wars like this, good for you but I 100% understand why Kabam encourages exploration.

Except, as I explained earlier, Kabam bungled the numbers.

The net trade off for less than 100% exploration is actually better now than it was before. It produces slightly fewer season points but a much better trade off within the war itself because defenders remaining aren’t counted for 250 each.

You can leave a lane up for 600 points. You can make up that 600 with 10 diversity (300) and 4 attack bonuses (320). So it punishes the type of boss rush that’d go straight down one lane, but a controlled partial clear actually isn’t bad, especially if you’re in the camp that realizes it’s not worth spending glory on war.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    How about this AW rework idea:

-- no timers
    -- no boosts or potions allowed

Makes it quicker and harder.
  • Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★

This is the problem with war:

The meta is objectively easy
    The map is ~1 year old and the nodes haven't changed
    Teams have caught up in planning and no one dies
    Rosters have progressed past the map
    The map is so easy that dying is more stress
    We've seen every fight imaginable a dozen times over

The problem isn't rewards or necessarily an easy map, war stinks because it's been repeated to death.

Turning the difficulty up to 11 won't change anything if we keep going through the same motions. In fact, if we go from easy and boring to difficult and boring, that's just worse because we get the same mess and it costs more.

The problem goes deeper than just changing difficulty or adding more rewards. We need fresh new problems because we've done the current ones a million times already.

Give us a new way to play AW.

This sounds like the perspective of a top Tier player. Which is fine, but that’s not the experience that me and my Alliance have. We still have lots of deaths in our Tier 5 wars and we don’t consider the rewards nearly good enough to justify boosting and healing up for every fight. So we focus on AQ (much better rewards for the effort) and take whatever we can without much effort in AW.

For this mentality to change in my Alliance, I think the rewards in the P4/G1 range would have to be A LOT better.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    They're not going to ban 3 Champs from War, and they're certainly not going to nerf them. As long as War has been around, people have been using the most effective ones.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

They're not going to ban 3 Champs from War, and they're certainly not going to nerf them. As long as War has been around, people have been using the most effective ones.

Kabam doesn't ban them, the opposing players can. 2 attacker bans per battlegroup per war. Makes war fresh again, along with the other suggestions.

Players have always used the most effective attackers, but the current top 3, Quake, Ghost, and to a lesser extent Red Mags, have affected the meta much worse than 2 years ago. Didn't you read my post?
    Good luck with that. I take it you don't remember when kabam was going to remove diversity from defense points. Everyone went nuts because of rank-ups for defense only. People rank up champs for offense for war. The same thing will happen and people will be upset and rank down tickets will be all the rage again.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Kabam doesn't ban them, the opposing players can. 2 attacker bans per battlegroup per war. Makes war fresh again, along with the other suggestions.

Players have always used the most effective attackers, but the current top 3, Quake, Ghost, and to a lesser extent Red Mags, have affected the meta much worse than 2 years ago. Didn't you read my post?
    Good luck with that. I take it you don't remember when kabam was going to remove diversity from defense points. Everyone went nuts because of rank-ups for defense only. People rank up champs for offense for war. The same thing will happen and people will be upset and rank down tickets will be all the rage again.
    I think his idea is for T1 only. And at that level, they do need something new and they have super diverse rosters. Could be something that might add spice to war.
    If it happens to lower tiers, then yes. There wi be an outcry. Not sure if T1 folks will complain a lot.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    I'd say it would only be for Masters alliances. I would quit war if they implemented that for all tiers. I hate the idea wholeheartedly.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

I'd say it would only be for Masters alliances. I would quit war if they implemented that for all tiers. I hate the idea wholeheartedly.

Yeah it sucks for all tiers. Masters or T1 Alliances depending on the data could do it I guess. Below that, nope. They just need something to avoid the <5 deaths and ties. Those don't happen anywhere else
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    I love the change they made for next aw session.. I was consistently telling them too make content that ban some overpowered champs (quake, ghost, doom, corvous..) first they implement that in variant (heroes & villian).. now they moved forward by making a new defense tactics!

In last summoner sanctum I told them to make new defense tactics that counter some champs (quake, ghost..) and when I heard about new tactics (just after few days)👍🤘😊

I just want a bigger pool of champions that supports these new tactics specially for high ground...

People and some YouTuber are upset and they are saying why only quake.. believe me they will are working for it too (like if opponent miss a attack then they will not take any damage for opponent's next attack.. or guaranteed crits with not do any damage if opponent's is not suffering from a debuffs other than weakness)

Soon people have 2 option to counter quake or ghost.. in future they should have make something that will counter both champs..

Officers are saying now they should work more because of attack tactics.. why! You have option to use or play without any attack tactics..

I believe next season will be more enjoyable (not for you quakers), they also removed some most tricky nodes!

Don't know why people are upset (for quake?)