**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grandmaster gauntlet felling disappointed

GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
Regardless just doesn’t like a quest to be time based. Felling bad for me and only my opinion dislike all limte event outside of EQ

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    They haven't given any information about that event yet..?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

They haven't given any information about that event yet..?

Seatin and probably one there blog But it is indeed a time limited event

They did say that they would bring it back sometime later with your progress restored but why do that? Seems like an unecessary measure that could potentially lead to more bugs and stuff. It's probably just to push people to spend more and do it quickly I suppose.

For endgamers' sake, hope it's an actual challenge and not like some of the carina's challenge objectives.

I’m can’t said much just a bit disappointed. I’m not said it bad it can be fun for a endgame I’m a end game but again probably good enough with r3
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Yeah same it should be permanent

I’m just wondering how they’re going to save our progress. It says 20 fights back to back, it isn’t like there is going to be multiple paths.

One complete u won’t do it anymore
    tafre said:

Why are people complaining they gave us Maze 2.0! People loved that side quest right? Right? Oh wait...

I’m wil love maze to com back as permanent even if the rewards was the same
    Wicket329 said:

The reason for all these time-gated events (or time-incentivized in the case of Carina’s Challenges) is to get end-game players who haven’t had any reason to spend units on revives for ages to spend as much as possible in advance of July 4th.

If the fights can be one-shot and they aren’t hit-capped or timed or something, I don’t mind the time limit since they’ve said it will come back. I’ll withhold any judgment until we know more.

Wil mostly be gate for 6 star r3 I’m fine with that’s I’m wil ofcasse try it out
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Maybe each fight is a check point 🤷‍♂️
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

While that would be great I really can’t see it working like that. The progress they’re talking about is likely all or nothing, if you do 19 fights and 99% of the final boss, it probably won’t save for next time
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★

While that would be great I really can’t see it working like that. The progress they’re talking about is likely all or nothing, if you do 19 fights and 99% of the final boss, it probably won’t save for next time
    And then when it returns and progress is lost, we will be told it's working as intended
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Maybe after each time you beat a boss with they have a token , and you can skip the fight with a token.

This saves your progress but through an easier technology they have. Treat the champions like gates.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Texas_11 said:

Maybe after each time you beat a boss with they have a token , and you can skip the fight with a token.

This saves your progress but through an easier technology they have. Treat the champions like gates.

But why take something away only to give it back later. Just makes no sense. The least they could do is tell us when they plan on bringing it back
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I loved the Maze, I'm sure I'll love this. Hope the rewards are worth it.
  • Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 575 ★★★
    Is it required to bring only 6* R3 champs?
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 344 ★★

They did say that they would bring it back sometime later with your progress restored but why do that? Seems like an unecessary measure that could potentially lead to more bugs and stuff. It's probably just to push people to spend more and do it quickly I suppose.

For endgamers' sake, hope it's an actual challenge and not like some of the carina's challenge objectives.

Are you saying that Corina challenges are not challenging? If not then what would you consider a challenge? I'm not there yet but I have seen them.

It says it's to test the strongest of summoners with plenty of Rank 3 6-Stars at their disposal. So it might not be actually required but heavily suggested.
    flygamer said:

Are you saying that Corina challenges are not challenging? If not then what would you consider a challenge? I'm not there yet but I have seen them.
    I think they meant that while some of the challenges are hard, some are literally impossible to do without using units.
  • Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 575 ★★★
    edited May 2021

It says it's to test the strongest of summoners with plenty of Rank 3 6-Stars at their disposal. So it might not be actually required but heavily suggested.
    What I was thinking. I have a few but I think powerful R2s or R5s can also do some damage

I'm loving these challenges, but they seem to be less about skill and more about draining units.

The main selling points of the Carina Challenges were the r4 cats (that we can't use) and the 50 generic stones. The collector fight, the labyrinth quests, and 5.4.6 ultron were all pointless unit grabs, and I have a feeling gauntlet being time-sensitive could be the same.

Why was 5.4.6 ultron a cash grab?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Im more worried about it being a unit dump.

Im more worried about it being a unit dump.

Just in time for July 4th.

I was planning on holding units for July 4th, then afterwards using it on GM gauntlet, but now I feel like units maybe be used for the gauntlet. Funny how the timing worked out lol

I'm loving these challenges, but they seem to be less about skill and more about draining units.

The main selling points of the Carina Challenges were the r4 cats (that we can't use) and the 50 generic stones. The collector fight, the labyrinth quests, and 5.4.6 ultron were all pointless unit grabs, and I have a feeling gauntlet being time-sensitive could be the same.

Why was 5.4.6 ultron a cash grab?
    The first fight was a choice between Electro and YJ. Either spend 20min hitting Electro with sp1 intercepts to avoid shock damage or take YJ where Mystics get power stung no matter what on all specials.

Not to mention the rest of the path where fights take 300-400+ hits with a wet noodle. Not fun and poor design.
    Electro took me 10 mins and 2 revives. Hardly a cash grab.

The fights took me 100-150 hits on the vigor path, plus I didn’t have to use a single health potion. Of all the carina challenges, this was not a cash grab.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    All the challenges aside from the labyrinth ones and the cyclops one were fine. Labyrinth and collector with cyclops are a joke, I’ll probably never do them and they are only content I have left in game to do.