**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gwenpool nerf

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    All honesty I've never used this exploit. Guess shame on me. It takes a while to set up and usually better ways of fighting. I just want a bleed from my heavy I'm guessing kabam watched a YouTube video and thought that's how everyone used her.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Mkdemaria wrote: »
    Superman69 wrote: »
    To all the people asking for rank-down tickets, i think kabam should rank their gwenpools down to 3/30 as a 4* and R2 as a 5* ( that is, if they even have either of those in the first place) and lock her at that rank permanently. And give them back all the resources that they had used to rank her up. So they can use it on their DD Netflix(s), Winter Soldiers, Black Panthers, Punishers etc cause they are clearly much better than GP now.

I'd take Blade over GP at the moment and would be perfectly happy recycling the T2A that I wasted.

You have a duped 4/55 GP and consider those wasted T2A because you can't use the infinite heavy anymore?
  • Jean_gryJean_gry Posts: 34
    Kabams office is going end up being purged if they keep pissing people off like this. Gamers can do some scary dark things sometimes.
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    danielmath wrote: »
    To all the people asking for rank-down tickets, i think kabam should rank their gwenpools down to 3/30 as a 4* and R2 as a 5* ( that is, if they even have either of those in the first place) and lock her at that rank permanently. And give them back all the resources that they had used to rank her up. So they can use it on their DD Netflix(s), Winter Soldiers, Black Panthers, Punishers etc cause they are clearly much better than GP now.

I'd take Blade over GP at the moment and would be perfectly happy recycling the T2A that I wasted.

You have a duped 4/55 GP and consider those wasted T2A because you can't use the infinite heavy anymore?

That was my strategy consistently against Magik as AW boss and it worked. I've got her at 4/55 and now would like to use those T2A on Blade.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

That was my strategy consistently against Magik as AW boss and it worked. I've got her at 4/55 and now would like to use those T2A on Blade.

Did you think blade was better then her 4 hours ago?
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★

That was one of the strategy for Juggernaut in LOL too.

• ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★

BOY, if you don't...
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Batman05 wrote: »
    This was a fix to an exploit for her heavy. Pretty simple to see it was gonna be addressed and clearly kabam made sure we are aware they were making changes so good job kabam

How is pinning the opponent in the corner once enervate is applied and repeatedly using heavy attacks to apply stacks of bleed and reapply the power lock an exploit of a loophole? That's how GP was designed to be used. I don't feel like I was made aware of this proactively until maintenance had already started and everyone in my alliance was complaining that GP was getting nerfed for no reason.

I think I agree with you here. But what Kabam is after I think here is to remove the ability from someone doing this to clear any content they want as long as they can bleed.

I want to know if the exploit was tested at, 10, 15, 25%. Post the results and show us. @Kabam Miike if possible. I can see the exploit happening at those levels but not continuous like kabam fears (even at 25%) because as I continued to go through the bleed did come off and the buff expired

The strategy as I stated is not a loophole of an exploit in the game. I don't understand the reasoning behind this nerf at all and feel like my go to strategy with her is useless. I repeatedly parry and heavy attack against opponents that bleed and feel reducing the bleed chance on heavy attacks from 50% to 5% changes the way I would play the character. I got enjoyment from power locking and cornering opponents with heavy attacks and now that strategy is useless.
  • tuposacptuposacp Posts: 165
    J_Slap wrote: »
    Isn't it when a champ is changed like this when rank down tickets are issued? If so, rdt should be issued... BUT plz only issue gwenpool exclusive rank down tickets and watch how few of them are used lol. She is still one of the top champs in the game imo.

So true man so true. She’s still op. People are getting worked up for nothing.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It really isn't an exploit, it takes skill to achieve that plus it's not like it was possible against every champion.

Everyone seems to have their own personal definition of exploit. The definition of an exploit is a behavior in the game that significantly exceeds the intended boundaries of the game. One of the apparent boundaries of the game is that players should not have a combat tactic which permanently eliminates any chance for the computer AI to take any action at all. If that is a design rule the devs have for the game, then the Gwenpool heavy chain is an example of an exploit. The fact that it takes practice to do, or can't be used everywhere, is not relevant. Nowhere is the generally accepted definition of an MMO exploit stated to be something that doesn't require skill and can be used everywhere.

What do you think Kabam did with facing the Collector in Act 5?
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    edited November 2017
    Not GP.................
  • Mkdemaria wrote: »
    From the video, where does the bleed come in? That looked like an issue with the heavy animation and not anything to do with the bleed.

I think there are many players that aren't fully aware of what's going on, so an explanation is probably in order.

If you've never seen this tactic before, you might think that it is the tactic itself that is being nerfed, or it is something special to Gwenpool. That's not true. What's going on is this: the player is pushing the computer close to the right side wall. Then they are chaining heavy attacks repeatedly. This is something the player can do with basically any champion. The important thing to note is that heavy attacks break blocks and generally knock the opponent down.

If you do this in the middle of the playing field, the enemy gets knocked backward and away from you. But if you do this up against the right wall, the enemy can't get knocked away very far. While they fall down and then try to get back up they can't attack. You can attack, and if you time it right you can get off a free combo while the enemy cannot fight back. But sometimes the enemy immediately puts up a block as they get off the floor, and that block will block your combo, and will also block any special you try to use.

That's where heavy chaining comes in. If you repeatedly use heavies, you can break that block. So the first heavy knocks them down, and then every successive heavy breaks any block they might try to use, landing the next attack. You can then land attacks over and over again. The computer cannot stop this chain of heavies with blocking. So the computer has one last thing it can do: it can queue up a special attack. The special will trigger as the computer opponent gets up and will interrupt your heavy and land on you. This will break your ability to chain heavies once the computer has enough power.

Up to this point, I'm describing every champion that exists. You can do this with pretty much any champion against any champion. The tactic works up to a point, but eventually the computer can free itself with a special attack. And since you are giving the computer power by attacking, that will eventually happen. But Gwenpool has the antidote for this. Gwenpool can land enervate which causes the enemy to no longer gain power from your attacks. If the target is enervated, you can chain heavies forever and now the computer cannot use a special to get out of the chain. All you need to do is make sure enervate lasts forever. Enervate has finite duration, but if the target is bleeding when enervate expires, the enervate "eats" the bleed effect and refreshes itself.

So, if you corner the enemy, land enervate, and then chain together heavy attacks, and the heavy attacks consistently reapply bleeds then enervate will last forever, the heavy chain will be repeatable forever, and the computer is permanently stuck in the corner unable to do anything. As far as I know, this issue is currently unique to Gwenpool. Other champions can permanently power lock the computer - Magik and Voodoo in particular - but they cannot simultaneously power lock and corner-heavy. They have to break the heavy cycle to use a special and that special is theoretically blockable by the computer. Gwenpool needs to use a special initially, but once in the heavy cycle she can repeat heavies forever.

This is the strategy I use with GP consistently and it only works against certain opponents. This is IMO not an exploit of a loophole in the game, but using the character as designed against AI.

I don't mean to explicitly be rude, but you do understand that your opinion about whether this is called the english word "exploit" as opposed to "behavior outside the boundaries proscribed by the design of the game" is neither here nor there. If we all concede this is not an exploit, but rather an "expy" which is a term I just made up, the results are the same: regardless of whether you claim that the character is "designed" to do this is true or not, if there is a design rule that says if you see an expy you must make a game change to eliminate the expy regardless of all other intentions, then that's what's going to happen. Arguing the term doesn't change the situation.

In the MMO world, eliminating expys is the Prime Directive. All MMO development groups have it, and all MMO development groups follow it. It is the rule that overrides all other rules.

That makes arguing around exploits - I mean expys - almost impossible. If "eliminate all expys" is higher on the list of rules than "make the game work" and "don't eat your coworkers" good luck convincing a developer to look the other way on something that has violated a red line in an internal design guide you're never going to be allowed to see or know what's in it.

Nope. T2A is so limited at this point that I am going to focus on Tech Spidey, GR, and Blade for AW Attack going forward.
  • WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    This was a fix to an exploit for her heavy. Pretty simple to see it was gonna be addressed and clearly kabam made sure we are aware they were making changes so good job kabam

How is pinning the opponent in the corner once enervate is applied and repeatedly using heavy attacks to apply stacks of bleed and reapply the power lock an exploit of a loophole? That's how GP was designed to be used. I don't feel like I was made aware of this proactively until maintenance had already started and everyone in my alliance was complaining that GP was getting nerfed for no reason.

I think I agree with you here. But what Kabam is after I think here is to remove the ability from someone doing this to clear any content they want as long as they can bleed.

I want to know if the exploit was tested at, 10, 15, 25%. Post the results and show us. @Kabam Miike if possible. I can see the exploit happening at those levels but not continuous like kabam fears (even at 25%) because as I continued to go through the bleed did come off and the buff expired

The strategy as I stated is not a loophole of an exploit in the game. I don't understand the reasoning behind this nerf at all and feel like my go to strategy with her is useless. I repeatedly parry and heavy attack against opponents that bleed and feel reducing the bleed chance on heavy attacks from 50% to 5% changes the way I would play the character. I got enjoyment from power locking and cornering opponents with heavy attacks and now that strategy is useless.

tl;dr - I got my enjoyment from putting the ai in an inescapable loop and now I can’t do that give me rdt blah blah blah
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    edited November 2017
    Rucking Fidiculous........ I'm so over this horse sh.t. Grinding the hell out of arena for mine. And after over 2 years of playing I've only got 7 Skill champs. Thx for making my 1 maxed skill absolutely sh.t.
  • Mkdemaria wrote: »
    It really isn't an exploit, it takes skill to achieve that plus it's not like it was possible against every champion.

Everyone seems to have their own personal definition of exploit. The definition of an exploit is a behavior in the game that significantly exceeds the intended boundaries of the game. One of the apparent boundaries of the game is that players should not have a combat tactic which permanently eliminates any chance for the computer AI to take any action at all. If that is a design rule the devs have for the game, then the Gwenpool heavy chain is an example of an exploit. The fact that it takes practice to do, or can't be used everywhere, is not relevant. Nowhere is the generally accepted definition of an MMO exploit stated to be something that doesn't require skill and can be used everywhere.

What do you think Kabam did with facing the Collector in Act 5?

I'm not sure what you mean by this exactly, but pretty much by definition the computer cannot use an exploit against the player. That is called "a bug" and it is only a bug if it is unintentional. There's probably no design rule that limits how difficult the hardest content intended to exist in the game must be, so there's no way to violate a rule that doesn't exist.

Plus, I get the feeling you're one of those people that has some sense in which the game must "be fair" to the players and the computer controlled opponents. The game must do no such thing. The point of the existence of the computer controlled opponents is to challenge the players. It is not to offer the players a fair fight, for whatever definition of "fair" you might have. The computer operates under different rules than the players, because it has to. The computer AI is not as smart or effective as it could be, because that's not the intent of the game. But conversely the computer opponents are often far stronger than the player opponents, because players have tools at their disposal the computer doesn't have, including playing smarter.

Most people don't actually want fair fights. In a genuinely fair fight the computer would only have the kinds of things the player has, but would also play smarter. The computer would win about half the time, just like in PvP where obviously players tend to win about half the time on average. Players don't want smart opponents. They want predictable ones they can learn to beat. And if the computer is going to be predictable, it is going to have to be far stronger to pose a serious challenge.
    Watden wrote: »

tl;dr - I got my enjoyment from putting the ai in an inescapable loop and now I can’t do that give me rdt blah blah blah

SMH - you clearly don't have an r4 GP
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Affliction wrote: »
    Rucking Fidiculous........ I'm so over this horse sh.t. Grinding the hell out of arena for mine. And after over 2 years of playing I've only got 7 Skill champs. Thx for making my 1 maxed skill absolutely sh.t.

If you think she's s**t with a reduction of Bleed from her Heavy, I would suggest exploring her uses more.
    From the video, where does the bleed come in? That looked like an issue with the heavy animation and not anything to do with the bleed.

I think there are many players that aren't fully aware of what's going on, so an explanation is probably in order.

If you've never seen this tactic before, you might think that it is the tactic itself that is being nerfed, or it is something special to Gwenpool. That's not true. What's going on is this: the player is pushing the computer close to the right side wall. Then they are chaining heavy attacks repeatedly. This is something the player can do with basically any champion. The important thing to note is that heavy attacks break blocks and generally knock the opponent down.

If you do this in the middle of the playing field, the enemy gets knocked backward and away from you. But if you do this up against the right wall, the enemy can't get knocked away very far. While they fall down and then try to get back up they can't attack. You can attack, and if you time it right you can get off a free combo while the enemy cannot fight back. But sometimes the enemy immediately puts up a block as they get off the floor, and that block will block your combo, and will also block any special you try to use.

That's where heavy chaining comes in. If you repeatedly use heavies, you can break that block. So the first heavy knocks them down, and then every successive heavy breaks any block they might try to use, landing the next attack. You can then land attacks over and over again. The computer cannot stop this chain of heavies with blocking. So the computer has one last thing it can do: it can queue up a special attack. The special will trigger as the computer opponent gets up and will interrupt your heavy and land on you. This will break your ability to chain heavies once the computer has enough power.

Up to this point, I'm describing every champion that exists. You can do this with pretty much any champion against any champion. The tactic works up to a point, but eventually the computer can free itself with a special attack. And since you are giving the computer power by attacking, that will eventually happen. But Gwenpool has the antidote for this. Gwenpool can land enervate which causes the enemy to no longer gain power from your attacks. If the target is enervated, you can chain heavies forever and now the computer cannot use a special to get out of the chain. All you need to do is make sure enervate lasts forever. Enervate has finite duration, but if the target is bleeding when enervate expires, the enervate "eats" the bleed effect and refreshes itself.

So, if you corner the enemy, land enervate, and then chain together heavy attacks, and the heavy attacks consistently reapply bleeds then enervate will last forever, the heavy chain will be repeatable forever, and the computer is permanently stuck in the corner unable to do anything. As far as I know, this issue is currently unique to Gwenpool. Other champions can permanently power lock the computer - Magik and Voodoo in particular - but they cannot simultaneously power lock and corner-heavy. They have to break the heavy cycle to use a special and that special is theoretically blockable by the computer. Gwenpool needs to use a special initially, but once in the heavy cycle she can repeat heavies forever.

This is the strategy I use with GP consistently and it only works against certain opponents. This is IMO not an exploit of a loophole in the game, but using the character as designed against AI.

I don't mean to explicitly be rude, but you do understand that your opinion about whether this is called the english word "exploit" as opposed to "behavior outside the boundaries proscribed by the design of the game" is neither here nor there. If we all concede this is not an exploit, but rather an "expy" which is a term I just made up, the results are the same: regardless of whether you claim that the character is "designed" to do this is true or not, if there is a design rule that says if you see an expy you must make a game change to eliminate the expy regardless of all other intentions, then that's what's going to happen. Arguing the term doesn't change the situation.

In the MMO world, eliminating expys is the Prime Directive. All MMO development groups have it, and all MMO development groups follow it. It is the rule that overrides all other rules.

That makes arguing around exploits - I mean expys - almost impossible. If "eliminate all expys" is higher on the list of rules than "make the game work" and "don't eat your coworkers" good luck convincing a developer to look the other way on something that has violated a red line in an internal design guide you're never going to be allowed to see or know what's in it.

You're right - it is my opinion and you are entitled to yours. You make a few valid points here and I am not interested in debating the definition of a word.

If you think she's s**t with a reduction of Bleed from her Heavy, I would suggest exploring her uses more.

Her other abilities even working correctly yet?? Cause as far as I know people are still evading after reaching way beyond 50 hits even. Yeah, her bleed will always be great. But I used that heavy for extending those bleed times. Not for pinning in a corner. So as of atm, till she's fixed fixed. Yes, she is sh.t to me atm. Can't use her for what I thought I'd be able to use her for to begin with tho anyways and now making things worse before making sure they're better.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Her other abilities even working correctly yet?? Cause as far as I know people are still evading after reaching way beyond 50 hits even. Yeah, her bleed will always be great. But I used that heavy for extending those bleed times. Not for pinning in a corner. So as of atm, till she's fixed fixed. Yes, she is sh.t to me atm. Can't use her for what I thought I'd be able to use her for to begin with tho anyways and now making things worse before making sure they're better.

That all depends on the AI in the situation we're talking about. It's a fair assessment that no Champ is capable of preventing 100% of Evade, in higher content especially. We know this to be true because the RNG still procures Evade. It also depends on the situation. Not all Evade is Passive. However, I'm going to assume you're referring to the usual Passive Evade. You're certainly entitled to your feelings, but I wouldn't classify her as s**t. Not by far. As for that recurring Bleed, the problem is with the combination of that Bleed and Enervate. It's not hard to understand that any Champ that can corner an opponent and spam a move that prevents them from retaliation is exploitative.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

That was one of the strategy for Juggernaut in LOL too.

Lol, it took 600+ hits to kill a RoL WS with 4* r5 gwenpool. With a 5* r4, i think i would be around 400.
    Now LoL Juggs has 3.4 M health. That's around 7 times the WS, plus juggs has some passive physical resistance as well. It would literally take 2000+ hits that way. Anyone doing that in LoL would be out of their mind. So please.

Also you keep on saying it was the strongest bleed in the game, no it wasn't. At r5 it does like 1k damage over 6 seconds.
    The longer bleed is 6k over 27 seconds, now that is a totally different thing. It has a 100% chance to proc, and it only procs if the opponent is currently bleeding.

Exactly, and you probably did. And now you are just finding excuses to get RDTs so that you can rank up a better champ. Which won't happen haha.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    KabamMike, that makes no sense....so you are saying I can use special 2 on magik and put them in the corner and keep using heavy attack and then special 2 again? I mean...how is that not an explot? The exploit is that the heavy attack prevents them from getting up and fighting back, not that gwenpool has 50% to trigger bleed... This is a very lazy nerf to those of us who play her legit...(I use her a different way to the same effect).
    Like. I get it. But why not fix everything. Not just this...
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Seriously, I thought about this for 5 minutes and was thinking of a way to fix the actual issue. I thought, "Why not change it to FIX THE "EXPLOIT" and not ruin the character abilities?" I mean, you could simply add to the heavy attack description "This ability only applies to the first heavy attack in chained heavy attacks." That way people can't lock her in a corner anymore, and those that use it "the way kabam wants them to" will not be impacted.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I forgot about her sig being broken. I quit using her for Spider-Man because of that and haven't tried in a long time...sort of took it as a new norm. Actually she's doesn't get used much any more unless it's an event quest or story quest. I'd hate for them to have that listed in the bug fix section..lol
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    KabamMike, that makes no sense....so you are saying I can use special 2 on magik and put them in the corner and keep using heavy attack and then special 2 again? I mean...how is that not an explot? The exploit is that the heavy attack prevents them from getting up and fighting back, not that gwenpool has 50% to trigger bleed... This is a very lazy nerf to those of us who play her legit...(I use her a different way to the same effect).

You have to use a SP2 with magik. Which the AI will most likely block while it's getting up from the ground.
    But with GP, you don't need to do that. Just keep on spamming heavies till they die.