**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    edited May 2021
    Not only are the new milestones ridiculous, players who do not like story and do not have the UC title are being punished for no reason by taking away their ability to compete for specific champions they may want and only offering them a 4 star nexus crystal. I have several profiles, my main is UC, my others are not. I do not enjoy story mode. On my alt profiles the thing I enjoyed most was winning specific champions in 4 -star basic arena because RNG and crystal drop rates are so horribly bad. Terrible terrible move, and totally unfair to non UC players. Stop basing progression around story mode. It makes no sense. It is only 1 no mode and is in no way a measure of progression, ability, or accomplishments. Increase the level 60 summoner level cap, and make progression based on experience gained in ALL MODES combined.
    So in summary, way more grinding for your top tier players and less incentive to play for lower tier players. I couldn't dream up a better formula for killing the player community's morale if I tried.
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    Make a 6 star arena for UC players only (if you must exclude and punish collected player) where you can only use 6 star and keep the ridiculous milestones, for the whales. Make a 5 star featured arena where you can only use 5 star with slightly less ridiculous milestones. Bring back 3 and 4 star basic arena for collected players. You guys have GIVEN me 5 star crystals as an incentive for coming back on some of my profiles before (and the champion in it was trash), but then take away my ability to grind for even a 4 star? Makes no sense.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    This new Arena system is not good for casual players and players with an average roster, i have 133 6 stars and 28 rank 2 and for me area is more of a drag so i can imagine for those with 20-30 6 stars etc , I'm not sure what was Kabam thought process when they push the milestones the way they did and make it very taxing for the average unit grinders a chance. not everyone play arena to get the champ most players i believe only did arena for battle chips and some shards with units, i think Kabam should put arena back until they can come up with something better for all players not just for those with a stack roster.
  • Raphael2010Raphael2010 Posts: 14
    edited May 2021
    This suggestion is probably too late and potentially not viable. However, I think the arenas should be tiered similar to incursions based on number of champs of certain rarity.

3 Tiers, once you meet the next higher requirement, you can no longer access the lesser arenas. Based on the old system, on average we gained ~4 units/round. The top milestone suggested is based on that ratio

1. 4* or Summoner Trials - similar to now but access is based on less than certain number of 5* champs, milestones based on 4* champs (1* - 4* useable), total units increased to 265 (sum of 2*, 3* & 4* of previous arena system) and rank rewards similar to current Summoner Trials with addition of 5* shards. Preferably would add 3* of featured champ in milestones
    - Top milestone - 2,700,000; 4.5k per 4* champ or 40.5k per round with 3x multiplier

2. 2 5* Arenas (1 featured, 1 basic) - Access based on minimum number of 5* champs (no longer access summoner trials), milestones tailored to using 5* champs (4* still useable), 540 total units (current max), 3* & 4* in milestones, rank rewards of 5* champs and shards & 6* shards
    - Top milestone for each arena - 7,000,000; 11.5k per 5* champ or 103.5k per round with 3x multiplier
    - 45 5* champs needed for all milestones in both arenas (9 runs over 3 days), so min could be 35-40

3. 2 6* Arenas (1 featured, 1 basic) - Access based on min number of 6* champs (no longer access 5* or Summoner Trials arenas), milestones tailored to 6* champs (4* & 5* still useable), 540 total units (current max), 3* & 4* in milestones, rank rewards of 5* & 6* champs and shards.
    - Top milestone for each arena - 13,500,000; 22.5k per 6* champ or 202.5k per round with 3x multiplier
    - 68 6* champs needed for all milestones in both arenas (6 runs over 3 days), so min could be 55-60

This would allow those with smaller 6* rosters to still be able to use their ranked 5*s in arena efficiently while not affecting the ability to grind for 6* champs for bigger rosters. Thank you for your consideration.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Everyone know what the best part about this new arena is? The materials for r4 6* are going into the game which means once people are able to r4 6* champs the amount of champs usuable to do these new terrible arenas has become massively less.

I'm willing to bet that with r4 6* you won't be able to use 4* champs at all. And nothing lower than r4 5* champs which will completely box out the midtier players and forever hinder their growth in the game. It really feels like this new arena is moving in a way that the infinity streak will be unobtainable except for the top 2% players in the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Pardon my lack of excitement about the addition of Grandmaster shards....

I never got a 5* champ from these crystals. And it's been...two years now I think.
    That's literally the same sad story for me. Hell I very VERY rarely even get a 4*. Maybe like one 4* champ out of every 100 grandmaster crystals.
    I've gotten a few 5*s and a Nexus. They're rare though.
This discussion has been closed.