**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Well, you can get Scarlet Witch (Sigil) soon

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    6 months is not too long tbh, I have no need for her currently. And am happy just waiting,
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I’m way more annoyed at the rollout of 6-star platinum pool when I don’t even remember what piece I’m missing of the 5-star.

The sigil has struggled to maintain relevance. Test of the TB was a help, as were discount features. Then Kabam screwed the pooch by releasing a bunch of bad champs and making a bad feature, and here we are.

If they release a baller feature right before July 4, shard sales would skyrocket. (I’m talking about something on par with the Apoc feature)
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

Mr_Holl87 said:

Imagine that, a company that needs revenue to operate, try's to encourage people to spend money on the game that will allow them to further develop the game and keep it running. And also comment and say that is how you will be able to get the character in other ways after the initial first 6 months :o ! Seriously guys without offers like this to entice people to spend on the game how the hell do we expect it to keep running.

This. Completely agree. People need to realize that MCoC almost exclusively a P2W game. There is no way around it and this SW Sigil thing proves it. Kabam doesn't care about F2P players.
    How does Kabam not care about F2P? There are exactly 2 things a F2P person can't get currently being F2P. Deadpool and SW Sigil. Kabam gives you-
    Monthly calendars with free stuff.
    Free quests.
    Free story content.
    Free arenas.
    Free ways to earn champions.

How exactly does Kabam not care about F2P?
    You can add top tier prestige onto the list of things you can't get but yeah, this game is far more f2p friendly than lots of people seem to realize
    That's true. It might be possible if you're lucky with Cavs and prestige champs but very slim margins.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Mr_Holl87 said:

Imagine that, a company that needs revenue to operate, try's to encourage people to spend money on the game that will allow them to further develop the game and keep it running. And also comment and say that is how you will be able to get the character in other ways after the initial first 6 months :o ! Seriously guys without offers like this to entice people to spend on the game how the hell do we expect it to keep running.

This. Completely agree. People need to realize that MCoC almost exclusively a P2W game. There is no way around it and this SW Sigil thing proves it. Kabam doesn't care about F2P players.
    How does Kabam not care about F2P? There are exactly 2 things a F2P person can't get currently being F2P. Deadpool and SW Sigil. Kabam gives you-
    Monthly calendars with free stuff.
    Free quests.
    Free story content.
    Free arenas.
    Free ways to earn champions.

How exactly does Kabam not care about F2P?
    You can add top tier prestige onto the list of things you can't get but yeah, this game is far more f2p friendly than lots of people seem to realize
    That's true. It might be possible if you're lucky with Cavs and prestige champs but very slim margins.
    Yeah super unlikely. The sig stone situation for f2p players is one of the few gripes I'm 100% on board with being a legitimate complaint. I still think they're doing it on purpose to slow down the amount of max sig 6*s being pulled but it's a pretty bad excuse when they could just address what happens when you pull one instead.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

But you will have to pay for the Summoner's Sigil, so there's a paywall

Seen they've had there worst quarter ever... They need to clamber back some money some how
    VisaQ said:

Game is in one of the worst / buggiest times and yet Kabam don't disappoint to put out hands for our hard earned money... I have nothing against paywall stuff but only if product quality is high. Imagine renting a house its fine until some time into being there the roof starts to let some water through, doors starting to rot, sink fall off pipes starts bursting, and owner says to You well I can give You new couch if You pay me additional rent for half a year....

That's a terrible comparison and downright false. If you're renting a places that doesn't have maintenance included in the contract, you're not very smart. I've rented plenty of places between houses and apartments, never had to pay anything out of pocket for something that happens that is out of my control. If I damage the place due my negligence, that's on me though. If the house I'm renting starts to leak because the landlords negligence, that's on them. They are required to fix it.
    Qfury said:

But you will have to pay for the Summoner's Sigil, so there's a paywall

Seen they've had there worst quarter ever... They need to clamber back some money some how
    Oh look, another inaccurate claim about 2nd quarter sales for Kabam. Just because they were down vs last year, doesn't mean they didn't hit any goals they had. We didn't have anything compared to what we had in 2020 as far as offers and content goes. Not only that, it was the start of the pandemic in almost every place out there and a small, small fraction of people had experienced job loss if any. A year later and people are finally getting back to work but may not have as much disposable income vs a year ago. They still did very well on earnings as a mobile game.
    edited May 2021
    VisaQ said:

VisaQ said:

Game is in one of the worst / buggiest times and yet Kabam don't disappoint to put out hands for our hard earned money... I have nothing against paywall stuff but only if product quality is high. Imagine renting a house its fine until some time into being there the roof starts to let some water through, doors starting to rot, sink fall off pipes starts bursting, and owner says to You well I can give You new couch if You pay me additional rent for half a year....

That's a terrible comparison and downright false. If you're renting a places that doesn't have maintenance included in the contract, you're not very smart. I've rented plenty of places between houses and apartments, never had to pay anything out of pocket for something that happens that is out of my control. If I damage the place due my negligence, that's on me though. If the house I'm renting starts to leak because the landlords negligence, that's on them. They are required to fix it.
    You totally missed the point. Landlord in this part is Kabam. House is the game and You is You. If house is in bad shape its on landlord to repair it. If he doesnt do his job right and straight out do the cashgrab for something due to his neglect You either try to reason with him or look for another house.
    Still no. Absolutely no.

Kabam isn't your landlord because you don't pay anything to play this game. You are free to stop playing whenever you want.

Kabam offers aren't predicated on whether they fix bugs or not. With or without offers or anyone buying anything, they'll still fix the bugs.

Again, your point makes zero sense.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    VisaQ said:

VisaQ said:

You totally missed the point. Landlord in this part is Kabam. House is the game and You is You. If house is in bad shape its on landlord to repair it. If he doesnt do his job right and straight out do the cashgrab for something due to his neglect You either try to reason with him or look for another house.
    A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver

You do not have a “tenancy” agreement with Kabam, you are playing their game, not in a contract to rent their services. Your analogy doesn’t make sense
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★

Barri8 said:

I actually don't care about this, it's an access bundle literally, you will get an exclusive 6 star for 10 bucks, I'll take that, plus ftp will acquire her in the next 6 months.

I very very much doubt she will be obtainable within the first month. $10 for a 6* is suspiciously low. I would love to be wrong, but I think we will see a few months needed to get her at least
    it'll no doubt be 6 months or more to have enough to get the 6*
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I'm sure it's been said a thousand times but, her name had the "Sigil" denotation. Did y'all really not expect this?

Check the old threads on her introduction; people knew what was up.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

To me it seems like its a nice bonus to the people that already paid for the sigil. If you dont want to spend for the sigil your not losing anything. You didnt have SW Sigil today so you wont miss not having her tommorow. I think the guys that CONSTANTLY complain about KABAM encouraging people to spend money need to have a good think about how they assume this game is developed. The last i checked KABAM is not funded by the government or a charity, they have to generate revenue to build and operate the game

Well said !!!
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

F2P players are important to the game and are the biggest customer technically. They don’t pay the bills per se , but you really shouldn’t look at it from what they spend, but how one referral can turn into 2-3 etc.

I don’t think this hurts hurts the game for F2P, maybe just a jealousy streak

A "customer" is someone that spends money isnt it? If i run a bar and someone came into it and NEVER spent a penny but kept drinking my water are they a customer?
    Well, technically no . They are a consumer of a product, you seem to not understand the value of a customer. If you ran a bar and someone came in and never spent a penny, they are your customer , because you are offering a service that they are consuming “water”. More importantly, that person may never spend a single penny , but when friends come into town and ask about a good bar, guess who gets those paying customers?

In business it’s rare you hear anyone talking about how much revenue they brought in; but you will hear over and over customers that aren’t converted. A good example of this is A company called “Panera Bread”. They gave everyone 3 free months of unlimited coffee and special drinks. Thousands of people were taking advantage. The real question is how many people bought a breakfast sandwich when they came in to grab their free coffee? How many friends did they tell about the free coffee? That is the real challenge in business.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

F2P players are important to the game and are the biggest customer technically. They don’t pay the bills per se , but you really shouldn’t look at it from what they spend, but how one referral can turn into 2-3 etc.

A "customer" is someone that spends money isnt it? If i run a bar and someone came into it and NEVER spent a penny but kept drinking my water are they a customer?
    Well, technically no . They are a consumer of a product, you seem to not understand the value of a customer. If you ran a bar and someone came in and never spent a penny, they are your customer , because you are offering a service that they are consuming “water”. More importantly, that person may never spend a single penny , but when friends come into town and ask about a good bar, guess who gets those paying customers?

In business it’s rare you hear anyone talking about how much revenue they brought in; but you will hear over and over customers that aren’t converted. A good example of this is A company called “Panera Bread”. They gave everyone 3 free months of unlimited coffee and special drinks. Thousands of people were taking advantage. The real question is how many people bought a breakfast sandwich when they came in to grab their free coffee? How many friends did they tell about the free coffee? That is the real challenge in business.
    man I haven’t had Panera in… a long time
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Well, at least people who spends will now get something relevant from the useless / senseless sigil.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    If you're looking to have her just for the fun of it, then by all means but as an accounting changing champ then forget it. She's a good champ, but there are better mystics. She was good those days, now I don't think she will make it in a top 5 mystics. So FTP don't worry about the paywall thingy those going for her aren't doing that cos she's the best mystic or account changing champ.
    If it was the new Scarlet Witch, the paywall would have been more meaningful. Just a thought.
    J0eySn0w said:

If you're looking to have her just for the fun of it, then by all means but as an accounting changing champ then forget it. She's a good champ, but there are better mystics. She was good those days, now I don't think she will make it in a top 5 mystics. So FTP don't worry about the paywall thingy those going for her aren't doing that cos she's the best mystic or account changing champ.
    If it was the new Scarlet Witch, the paywall would have been more meaningful. Just a thought.

It is the new Scarlet Witch......
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited June 2021

J0eySn0w said:

It is the new Scarlet Witch......
    That's awesome! I just read it again, and saw her name is now changed. I'm in, will be going for her. @Demonzfyre thanks
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Is anyone really surprised by this?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

man I haven’t had Panera in… a long time
    Same LOL... I’m not a fan of fast food sandwiches in general.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Badrose said:

Well, at least people who spends will now get something relevant from the useless / senseless sigil.

Yes, because Units, Shards, cheaper Crystals, trade-ins, Energy, ISO, and Gold are all useless.