**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is this game now becoming fully "pay to play" ??

2»

Comments

• Luke2323Luke2323 Posts: 48
    Personally, I think this is great.

I’ve been happy to pay for the sigil since release as it provided some value and helps support the game. Play it a lot, find it relaxing and enjoyable.

Getting extra value for the money - that’s a great thing for people who financially support the game.

Of course we don’t know how much the new scarlet witch will cost in terms of the new currency, how good she is, what items will be available with the new currency etc.

In summary, too early for the FTP players to panic, good news for people who spend on the game already.

I think there are many people who would be happy to pay for more reasonably priced offers. i.e. people with disposable income who spend occasionally but generally choose not to spend on what they see as over-priced offers.

I very much like the idea of an approach where Kabam starts providing offers like this, which are more affordable/reasonable to many people. Many offers are ridiculous and this might just be the start of a more realistic approach to increase their income from mild-moderate spenders.

Let’s see.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    Its always free! (currently) like earlier post unless Kabam start charging to enter certain areas of the game to grow your team.... you always have a choice unless you're totally broke then you the choice has been made for you. There are a lot of player with kick butt rosters that are paid for, but can't fight their way out act 4. If you're a player that likes keeping up with the Jones then you will need to pay. Play out your own pace enjoy the game!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

Uh so do we know what else sigil credits buy other than Scarlet Witch (which will later be available to non sigil holders)?

No we don’t, so what’s up with the apprehension and speculation? The reaction at this time is irrational.

The reaction is always irrational. You'd think the community would have learned by now but nope.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Because of new sw? They said she may come 6 months later. And I'm not aware of how good she is.
    The difference between f2p and guys who spend is basically how many champs and units you have. There was recently a strike dealing a lot more damage to f2p players - new arenas. Most likely players do get less units now, unless they waste too much time grinding every milestone. Also most f2p players don't have rosters big enough to hit every milestone and compete in arenas. But it kinda was like that
    Finally, top alliances — well, aw also was always more about spending (glory, loyalty or whatever else to have boosts, heal to full hp, etc). Almost like grinding arenas
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I don't think the game is any danger of becoming overbearingly pay-2-play. I don't feel like I've suffered in the six months or so that I've been f2p or the six months before that when I was just a small spender. In that time, I've completed one and explored two of the most recent Variants, and am almost done with my first bout with the Grandmaster, without spending a single dime. It hasn't been easy and it has occasionally been frustrating, but it's perfectly doable and I don't really see this signaling a change to that. Not any more than the original sigil announcement did.

The one thing that really could throw a wrench in things, however, is if stuff like alliance revives and potions become more accessible for people who cough up the money. That would feel weird and unbalanced to me. My largely f2p alliance will never be able to beat an alliance whose members basically can't die in AW, and since I already pretty much loathe AW that could become the final nail in that particular coffin for me.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Honestly f2p players need to cool a bit more. No need to act as if it were a game breaking change. This is coming from a f2p player.

Paying will always grant an additional advantage, but this won't stop the game for f2p players.

F2p players many times compare their profiles with whales and think that they are bad or the game is unfair. Really the difference is in the money invested, and skill. You can also get the same advantage with those skills and money investment.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    We have yet to learn how many credits will be needed and how long it will take to acquire them, so this concern might be premature.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

Some people choose to pay lots in the game, some people choose the play lots. The real top of the top guys do both, for others it's not that straight forward.

This argument could go any way really - why should people with a solid block of 12+ hours to themselves only be the people who can get a weapon-x? It's unfair on people who have commitments, social duties, jobs, kids etc.

Of course it's not unfair, it's just how things go. From any given perspective, there will always be something someone thinks is unfair on them and again, it's just how things go.

Why is it that only people with solid block of 12+ hours get a weapon x? You actually think 12+hours will scratch the bottom of being top 100? Lol
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    xNig said:

Odachi said:

Some people choose to pay lots in the game, some people choose the play lots. The real top of the top guys do both, for others it's not that straight forward.

This argument could go any way really - why should people with a solid block of 12+ hours to themselves only be the people who can get a weapon-x? It's unfair on people who have commitments, social duties, jobs, kids etc.

Of course it's not unfair, it's just how things go. From any given perspective, there will always be something someone thinks is unfair on them and again, it's just how things go.

Why is it that only people with solid block of 12+ hours get a weapon x? You actually think 12+hours will scratch the bottom of being top 100? Lol
    BG's total livestream time for 7.1 was like 11 hours
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    I always say when I read or hear someone complain about a game that has in-game transactions and whether or not they are excessive, unfair etc ... I say to them that there are people who design these games, create these graphics, code the intricate features and those people have families ... those people have lives just like we all do and those people have to provide for either themselves alone or for families.

So with that, I appreciate the whales and others who have the means by which to pay for things in this game. By design, you will not be able to obtain everything a person does who pays for some exclusive. It's like a skin in Call of Duty or Gears of War or Fortnite etc. There are just certain things you will have to pay in order to receive ... and that doesn't make it fair or unfair. It makes it how 99% of the world in business works.

Guys like Brian Grant should know this more so than anyone. If not for people paying into his channel or Seatin's channel, these guys would NOT be doing content creating.

Money makes the world go round ... this game included. Respect the people who put in hours and time away from their families that we likely don't see or hear of. I can tell you for certain that they exist.
  • To be fair, f2p players are worried about the precedent. That is the point, is all.
    i'm not f2p, i spend occasionally. I stopped my sigil though, wasnt enough to keep buying it.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Tbh I’d rather have this introduced than..

“Hey guys, we are introducing this end game quest with end end end game rewards. Please buy this quest for $50 to activate it on your account.”

Or

“Hey guys, because our profits were all time low, we have to introduce ads. Please watch this 15-30s ad before you engage your opponents in fights.”

😂
  • Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★

I always say when I read or hear someone complain about a game that has in-game transactions and whether or not they are excessive, unfair etc ... I say to them that there are people who design these games, create these graphics, code the intricate features and those people have families ... those people have lives just like we all do and those people have to provide for either themselves alone or for families.

So with that, I appreciate the whales and others who have the means by which to pay for things in this game. By design, you will not be able to obtain everything a person does who pays for some exclusive. It's like a skin in Call of Duty or Gears of War or Fortnite etc. There are just certain things you will have to pay in order to receive ... and that doesn't make it fair or unfair. It makes it how 99% of the world in business works.

Guys like Brian Grant should know this more so than anyone. If not for people paying into his channel or Seatin's channel, these guys would NOT be doing content creating.

Money makes the world go round ... this game included. Respect the people who put in hours and time away from their families that we likely don't see or hear of. I can tell you for certain that they exist.

you missed Brian Grant's point. He isn't complaining about micro-transactions, he's complaining about how the gap is widening between ftp and spenders. also I appreciate programmers and visual artists,etc. working on this game but for a game of this size, we expect some of the earnings mcoc gets to be reinvested to the game or something instead of you know, having the ccp and playerbase do quality control, rushing changes to champions after their bundles have been released, non-stop bugs with every update that don't even surprise the playerbase anymore,etc.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★

For the life of me, I'll never understand why people are offended or off-put by a game that makes sales. It's a business.

Well I’ll never understand why you always singing this same tune, join the club. It’s an opinion you should be use to them by now.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    I don’t think the change to the sigil is really bad or concerning yet but it does signify possible worse case scenarios coming our way.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,892 ★★★★★
    "Becoming" is pretty naive.

BG is the most end-game f2p player, whose literal job is playing the game and is below his ally's prestige by ~2000.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    i've been playing since release I don't grind arenas never did. i took around 2 years break and im on 7.2 a year ago i was not even done act 4 im ftp dont think that spending money is "needed"
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Cop123 said:

you missed Brian Grant's point. He isn't complaining about micro-transactions, he's complaining about how the gap is widening between ftp and spenders. also I appreciate programmers and visual artists,etc. working on this game but for a game of this size, we expect some of the earnings mcoc gets to be reinvested to the game or something instead of you know, having the ccp and playerbase do quality control, rushing changes to champions after their bundles have been released, non-stop bugs with every update that don't even surprise the playerbase anymore,etc.
    Oh. So you think F2P were going to bridge that gap? Hate to break it to you, but there's always going to be a gap. People who don't spend aren't going to progress as fast as people who do. Both can play the game alongside each other, but there was never any chance of that. Ever.