**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sigil For Sigil why kabam

13»

Comments

• Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★

Cop123 said:

I know it's a weird take but I really don't like this change, it's one that is most likely to become a regular addition. And we're all talking about how "oh sigil witch is bad," but what happens if they start having good champs? I'm thinking more long-term but Sigil Witch just seems worrisome for me personally. Games such as Marvel Future Fight milk the players so much more than MCOC but that was not something that happened over night, it takes decisions like these to create a game like Marvel Future Fight

What exactly leads you to believe this will be a regular thing? This game has been going for almost 7 years. We have exactly 2 (soon) that are only available with money. If this was going to become a regular thing, it would have come way sooner.
    It could become a regular thing or it could not. It is unfair to speculate that it will not become a regular thing but also unfair to speculate that it will become a regular thing. us ftp players just have to hope for the best.

and ur "it would have come sooner" arguement doesn't work. this game is constantly changing and evolving, you can't predict what will happen or won't happen.
    But.....that's exactly what you F2P people are doing...
    and I have stopped speculating on this sigil business?
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

Cop123 said:

I know it's a weird take but I really don't like this change, it's one that is most likely to become a regular addition. And we're all talking about how "oh sigil witch is bad," but what happens if they start having good champs? I'm thinking more long-term but Sigil Witch just seems worrisome for me personally. Games such as Marvel Future Fight milk the players so much more than MCOC but that was not something that happened over night, it takes decisions like these to create a game like Marvel Future Fight

What exactly leads you to believe this will be a regular thing? This game has been going for almost 7 years. We have exactly 2 (soon) that are only available with money. If this was going to become a regular thing, it would have come way sooner.
    It could become a regular thing or it could not. It is unfair to speculate that it will not become a regular thing but also unfair to speculate that it will become a regular thing. us ftp players just have to hope for the best.

and ur "it would have come sooner" arguement doesn't work. this game is constantly changing and evolving, you can't predict what will happen or won't happen.
    hey I don't agree with that guy, and to be clear to others I'm fine if a game has a "paid DLC fighter" or whatever in like a triple A title, but the problem is mobile games (especially gacha ones) have always just totally gone crazy over this form of monetization. if they restrained themselves, which hopefully they will, this will be a totally fine change in my eyes. I'm just looking at patterns and seeing a pretty noticeable pattern in other mobile games
  • Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★

Cop123 said:

hey I don't agree with that guy, and to be clear to others I'm fine if a game has a "paid DLC fighter" or whatever in like a triple A title, but the problem is mobile games (especially gacha ones) have always just totally gone crazy over this form of monetization. if they restrained themselves, which hopefully they will, this will be a totally fine change in my eyes. I'm just looking at patterns and seeing a pretty noticeable pattern in other mobile games
    you don't agree with me :'(:'(:'(
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    If you don't pay from a premium TV subscription service in the UK it's years before a film is shown. BBC1 premiered avengers assemble on Christmas day.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Cop123 said:

I just don't see it going any further than it is right now. I just see it as a character designed for a specific purpose just like unstoppable Colossus. He represents the loyalty store and she the Sigil.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

Cop123 said:

I just don't see it going any further than it is right now. I just see it as a character designed for a specific purpose just like unstoppable Colossus. He represents the loyalty store and she the Sigil.
    and punisher/immortal iron fist and even kang/thanos during christmas to an extend, you're probably right about it not going further but it just worries me a bit
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Aburaees said:

Even the toy plays hard-to-get lol

Of all the champs, why is this one so sought after? Fascinating!

Scarlet Witch Sigil and Scarlet Witch (WandaVision) are not the same thing just FYI.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

Aburaees said:

Even the toy plays hard-to-get lol

Of all the champs, why is this one so sought after? Fascinating!

Scarlet Witch Sigil and Scarlet Witch (WandaVision) are not the same thing just FYI.
    Any version of Scarlet Witch is a tad more out of reach, in-game or Marvel Legends figure. And the demand is there to match.

I just think it’s interesting. Don’t you?

• DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    I normally keep up on the monthly sigil. So of course it’s a nice bonus.

Anything that is pay to pay normally has something added that a F2P can’t get. Or a shortcut of some sort. Not sure why people aren’t grasping the idea.

Also- they haven’t mentioned how many artifacts it takes to buy her. For all we know it’ll be by the end of the “6 months”. By then she’ll be out for anyone to obtain for FREE.
  • MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★

Vendemiaire said:
    It's just one champion out of 200 and it's not like she's CGR or Ghost OP. You'll still progress in-game without her.
    Yeah but she can be powerful in Cavalier eq nodes she can be god tier and in upcoming events.

Well then spend the $10 one time or don't and go without... It's not like it's $50 or $100
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

I don't understand why this is seen as a big deal.

Is it, though? In historical terms, this doesn't seem all that controversial in terms of volume and breadth of complaints.

I don't care about if they could've done it sooner. Businesses are always looking for new ways to make money, they could've made the monthly unit deal like 2 years into the game but they didn't and notice how it's a reoccurring deal every single month, they're doing these sigil changes now and I'm 100% sure this new Sigil Witch will not be the only champ through sigil
    On a timescale of, say, two to three years or so, I would take that bet.

This was not just a case of Kabam saying "hey, lets make a champ only Sigil players can get so we can sell more Sigil subs" and then they just went and did that. It seems obvious to me that this was originally intended to be a much larger cross promotional event by Marvel to tie the game and the WandaVision series together. And scheduling problems caused that to fall apart. But only something on that scale is likely to create a champ like SW Sigil, because the resources to make champions is constrained.

Kabam can't just add champions to the game that are only going to target a small number of players without some way to justify that. You have the one and only Redpool for cash, you have a small number of trophy champs to enhance the rewards of special content, and you have stuff like the Deadpools who tie into recurring game content. This is not something that happens often not just because of a question of whether Kabam wants to or not, but also whether they can justify the developer time.

One (temporary) Sigil exclusive champ makes sense. Two does not. SW Sigil would have to be very widely acquired by the playerbase as a whole before its Sigil advantages diluted to the point where it would make sense to make a new Sigil exclusive champ and release SW Sigil from that requirement. That's years down the road, and it would be pointless to make more of them between now and then.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I don't care about if they could've done it sooner. Businesses are always looking for new ways to make money, they could've made the monthly unit deal like 2 years into the game but they didn't and notice how it's a reoccurring deal every single month, they're doing these sigil changes now and I'm 100% sure this new Sigil Witch will not be the only champ through sigil

This was not just a case of Kabam saying "hey, lets make a champ only Sigil players can get so we can sell more Sigil subs" and then they just went and did that. It seems obvious to me that this was originally intended to be a much larger cross promotional event by Marvel to tie the game and the WandaVision series together. And scheduling problems caused that to fall apart. But only something on that scale is likely to create a champ like SW Sigil, because the resources to make champions is constrained.

Kabam can't just add champions to the game that are only going to target a small number of players without some way to justify that. You have the one and only Redpool for cash, you have a small number of trophy champs to enhance the rewards of special content, and you have stuff like the Deadpools who tie into recurring game content. This is not something that happens often not just because of a question of whether Kabam wants to or not, but also whether they can justify the developer time.

One (temporary) Sigil exclusive champ makes sense. Two does not. SW Sigil would have to be very widely acquired by the playerbase as a whole before its Sigil advantages diluted to the point where it would make sense to make a new Sigil exclusive champ and release SW Sigil from that requirement. That's years down the road, and it would be pointless to make more of them between now and then.

There’s a baseline for how many people currently purchase the sigil, and although we may never see the data, it would be interesting to see how much (if any) of a sustained increase there will be over the next 6 months.

If it’s a significant increase, I can think of a number of sought after champions that might be worth the the developer time e.g. Mjolnir Cap (unless Mjolnir’s going to be a relic), Stormbreaker Thor, MCU Thanos, Movie Juggernaut.

Of course, all depends on the baseline and the signals seen in the trend control charts.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

also i wish Kabam told us what are the items in sigil store. there is no need to be vague about that it could have helped people decide in advance to to buy sigil or not

They just did.
    where? they just told us we can buy new scarlet witch with sigil credits.
    They told us in advance what we can get with the Sigil. They have all along. They can't announce what hasn't been added yet.
    Huh? That makes no sense. They do this all of the time. They almost always announce before adding stuff. Champion spotlights, eq/sq sneakpeaks, buff announcements, roadmaps, etc. what do you mean they can’t announce what hasn’t been added yet
    Meaning, if they haven't decided yet, they can't announce it. The OP wanted them to divulge everything that was going to be added to the Store. That's impossible because some things haven't even been thought of or finalized yet.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

also i wish Kabam told us what are the items in sigil store. there is no need to be vague about that it could have helped people decide in advance to to buy sigil or not

They just did.
    where? they just told us we can buy new scarlet witch with sigil credits.
    They told us in advance what we can get with the Sigil. They have all along. They can't announce what hasn't been added yet.
    Huh? That makes no sense. They do this all of the time. They almost always announce before adding stuff. Champion spotlights, eq/sq sneakpeaks, buff announcements, roadmaps, etc. what do you mean they can’t announce what hasn’t been added yet
    Meaning, if they haven't decided yet, they can't announce it. The OP wanted them to divulge everything that was going to be added to the Store. That's impossible because some things haven't even been thought of or finalized yet.
    The announcent said sigil credits can be used to buy the scarlet witch sigil and some exclusive items. The OP was asking what these items were and it is a valid question if someone wants to spend his money. Are you saying they introduced a currency with nothing to buy except the new scarlet witch?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    The announcent also said the champion will not be available outside of the sigil store for atleast 6 months. So it may take longer, though I am curious about the time line. Why atleast of 6 months?
  • Pulyaman said:

The announcent also said the champion will not be available outside of the sigil store for atleast 6 months. So it may take longer, though I am curious about the time line. Why atleast of 6 months?

I just want to know if this means I need to buy the sigil for 6 months
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited June 2021

my view is that right now you're entirely right, it's not a big deal FOR NOW but I can definitely see it becoming something worse
    Prolly for at least 3 cause why buy it if you don’t get it early

Oops replied to wrong one this was to asked if they had to buy it for 6 months
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    what annoys me is i refreshed my sigil the day before the announcement, if i knew that you have to activate after June 7 i would have waited, now i have to buy it again for the four star (not going to waste money to get a 4 star, i will only buy it again if it means i can get the 6 star)
  • VivavengerVivavenger Posts: 75

Today we all got message that on june 7 10 am pdt when activating summoner sigil on 7th June you can obtain 4* star scarlet witch who have been conquerer can obtain 5* star scarlet witch and who are uncollected can obtain 6* star scarlet witch (only after activating summoner sigil). First we have waited for 6 months for this now they are saying sigil for Sigil again no to ftp's. After that they are saying you can obtain her forward by rare opportunities which will be announced later. After the new arena structure I am sad and now this message has arrived I think ftp's will gain her after 6 months and it is paywall. For us to obtain her. Tell another thoughts on this topic do you like it or not.

So.... Why aren't you making this point about Red Deadpool?
    Red deadpool only do damage with bleed and scarlet witch give incinerate coldsnp and degeneration.
    I mean ignoring the obvious point that the type of damage over time is not a separating factor- I assume you mean that SW is better.

But back at the start of the game, when champions were much worse in general, Deadpool Red was a pretty great champion. We are talking when Wolverine was the top in the game because he could heal, and star Lord was the top because he had good damage. That was the bar that was set.

Proportionally, Deadpool was one of the best champions in the game and people didn’t complain as much because they understood that to keep the game going some advantages would be kept for spenders only. Nowadays, because people are used to being handed 6* for free, they complain when spenders get any advantage at all. </blockquate
    At that I didn't knew about this game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Also, OG Vision was pretty unique back in the day.
  • Piviot said:

my view is that right now you're entirely right, it's not a big deal FOR NOW but I can definitely see it becoming something worse
    Prolly for at least 3 cause why buy it if you don’t get it early

Oops replied to wrong one this was to asked if they had to buy it for 6 months
    I can work with three
    Aburaees said:

DNA3000 said:

There’s a baseline for how many people currently purchase the sigil, and although we may never see the data, it would be interesting to see how much (if any) of a sustained increase there will be over the next 6 months.

If it’s a significant increase, I can think of a number of sought after champions that might be worth the the developer time e.g. Mjolnir Cap (unless Mjolnir’s going to be a relic), Stormbreaker Thor, MCU Thanos, Movie Juggernaut.

Of course, all depends on the baseline and the signals seen in the trend control charts.
    Remember: every time they make a champion, they make a ton of money off the crystals people pop open to chase after them. Every champion they make for the Sigil might make *some* money for them, but it is not likely to make as much money as they would have made had they let people open hundreds of thousands of crystals chasing after that champ. It isn't the money they make, it is the opportunity cost of withholding a champion from relatively profitable crystals.

When I say "is it worth it" I'm not talking about the money they might *make* off of a Sigil-specific champ. I'm talking about the money they would likely *lose* when they make a champ and don't release featured crystals for that champ that are widely available.