**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A simple revamp in masteries could turn Punisher99 into a Top Tech champion

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Currently you’re restricted by masteries such as willpower or mystic dispersion since they need a minimum amount of points before you can unlock them. This reduces flexibility in what masteries you could pick up as you could opt for more masteries without having to put points in things like physical resistance etc.

Not only would it be a QoL change, but it would also really benefit Punisher 2099 who has a 90% combat power rate reduction. With collar tech, you can have this become 100% and he can be essentially like magik, or a super versatile champ to say the least. The problem is that collar tech has a ridiculous mastery point requirement of needing 15 points in defense, meaning even after you’ve already gotten points in the sefence tree for willpower, you still need to sacrifice points in offense or proficiencies just to grab it.

The Dev Diary mentioned QoL updates for masteries and this would be a great feature to add. Getting rid of the mastery point requirements for willpower , mystic dispersion, collar tech just seems long overdue.

A simple revamp in masteries could turn Punisher99 into a Top Tech champion 76 votes

Yes , remove minimum point requirements for masteries
89%
BitterSteelMr_PlatypusHaji_Saabjp2835WardenclockMhd20034ThunderGodRbk19BuckyBruhAdvmanveertherealSachhyam257Battle_Greninjashadow_lurker22AleorRockyshockyLoganJackman05RookiieRockypantherxSparrowNitt 68 votes
No, keep them
10%
Spity68FrostyTexas_11Malreck04ItsDamienMauledDretlleDawsMan 8 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• DretlleDretlle Posts: 41
    No, keep them
    No
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    No, keep them
    As much as I would love to see them removed, there would be some game breaking. Removing the requirements for points like deep wounds, glass cannon, and the like could allow people to max out regeneration and suicide masteries and cause a host of other problems. The solution to this would be to restrict this to some masteries. Like the ones for Punisher 2099 you suggested.

The problem with this is that there are other people who like other champions who have other optimal mastery set ups and would have a riot if their preferred mastery set up couldn't be accommodated. The tricky part about masteries is the limited amount of points and requirements. It should stay that way.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

As much as I would love to see them removed, there would be some game breaking. Removing the requirements for points like deep wounds, glass cannon, and the like could allow people to max out regeneration and suicide masteries and cause a host of other problems. The solution to this would be to restrict this to some masteries. Like the ones for Punisher 2099 you suggested.

The problem with this is that there are other people who like other champions who have other optimal mastery set ups and would have a riot if their preferred mastery set up couldn't be accommodated. The tricky part about masteries is the limited amount of points and requirements. It should stay that way.

What? There are no point requirements for deep wounds, glass cannon. I’m talking about ones like willpower or collar tech that you need 15 points in the defense tree, or mystic dispersion
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    No, keep them
    GagoH said:

DawsMan said:

What? There are no point requirements for deep wounds, glass cannon. I’m talking about ones like willpower or collar tech that you need 15 points in the defense tree, or mystic dispersion
    What? You need 15 pts in offense just to get the first point in glass cannon. At least do your research before starting a thread.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    No, keep them
    I just like the idea of having to choose between what you like to run.

I actually am a big fan of DW and have MD unlocked and still don’t run it.

I use to run collar tech a ton when I use to run my imiw , it’s a very powerful mastery. It would probably get way more attention if the tech champs didn’t fall so far behind in damage.

HTD is great with it.
    P99 is great with it.
    Imiw is great with it.

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I'd say the whole mastery system needs a general rewamp. The cores are way overpriced imo
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I think one solution could be to have the class masteries be a stepping stone toward the 15 points instead of requiring the 15 to begin with. What I mean is, maybe they could require 10 points in their respective mastery tree so that you could put 5 points in them to reach the higher-level masteries. It's already insanely expensive to unlock the last two or three levels of each class mastery, so chances are you still wouldn't run 5 points in each anyway. However, that system could allow you to spend some points on somewhat worthwhile masteries instead of just physical resistance or stand your ground just so you can reach the top-tier masteries.