**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

i know everyones talking about 7.2, but anyone got tips on 5.3?

was wondering, whats the best way to beat 5.3? im struggling a lot.

Comments

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    What’s your roster looking like?
  • JPeanutsJPeanuts Posts: 50

was wondering, whats the best way to beat 5.3? im struggling a lot.

First run or 100%?
  • _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    Sold all my four stars out of rage when I quit unfortunately but here now

first run
    got the 6 star today
    so maybe after i level him up i was thinking to try
    You got blade so you’re largely sorted he’s your main path clearer. Moleman can do evade stuff , mordos and immunities/debuffs. Warlock for any icemen but tbh blade could handle those at r4. Blade also does any electro, dorm or magik. Sometimes it’s gonna be worth taking even a 3* gr, mephisto, sparky to expand blade danger sense depending on the path.

Maybe you take magik for the Hyperions but he’s pretty easy as long as he’s throwing specials.

You’d need a non bleed champ for cable if you run into, HB would work well there.

Personally I’d be pretty confident with that roster as is but I’d take moleman up as high as poss.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

Unless you have an A game intercept play, the block damage is very high (as defenders have high attack values). So, I think you need more 5-Star champs to go to rank 4.

Nothing to prevent you from trying, though. I took a long time trying to get past first BPCW and then SG.
    thanks
    imma do that then
    Berjibs said:

You got blade so you’re largely sorted he’s your main path clearer. Moleman can do evade stuff , mordos and immunities/debuffs. Warlock for any icemen but tbh blade could handle those at r4. Blade also does any electro, dorm or magik. Sometimes it’s gonna be worth taking even a 3* gr, mephisto, sparky to expand blade danger sense depending on the path.

Maybe you take magik for the Hyperions but he’s pretty easy as long as he’s throwing specials.

You’d need a non bleed champ for cable if you run into, HB would work well there.

Personally I’d be pretty confident with that roster as is but I’d take moleman up as high as poss.

yes im trying to get mole man r3 and then r4 but cant seem to get the catalysts, so thats the main issue
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
    You'll really love to have a few at rank 4, if you don't want to be bored by very long fights.
    5.3 is totally about that 50% attack reduction IMO.
    I simply used Guardian for those quests, blitz down chunks of health effectively. My friend tried Starlord, and he was pretty surprised about how hard he was able to hit there ( Awakened).

Unless you have an A game intercept play, the block damage is very high (as defenders have high attack values). So, I think you need more 5-Star champs to go to rank 4.

Nothing to prevent you from trying, though. I took a long time trying to get past first BPCW and then SG.
    He’s got blade for infinite regen so no need to worry about block damage.

Moleman will destroy SG and he’s also really good for bpcw, you can use sp1 and heavies (if you wait out the armour buffs) to build monster mass and then just let bpcw hit your block and use the unstoppable as your openings. Use sp1 to keep charges topped up or just bring guardian. Blade would also make light work of him as you can hold block and regen while baiting heavies for openings.

• LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    Yeh just Blade, an R4 unawakened Blade got me thru a lot of 5.3. The fights may take time but can you just pretty much parry/combo/wait for special most stuff.
    Captain Sparkles, Hulkbuster and Moleman also great.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    Oh, and the paths are long, there are lots of fights and its mostly boring. 5.4 is great content thou.
    Nice, so basically this happened when I tried, what should I do?
    Couldn't use mole man this event cus he was in something else not fully ranked, but yea

• DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Yeah I'm right there just using Aegon, Doom, and Prof X. The block damage is nutty. You've got a crazy roster for 5.3 doe.
    Yea
  • Kaiser_ViiKaiser_Vii Posts: 17
    I'm exploring chapter 1 and 2 before starting 3, so I'll be back. Lol.
    good idea @Kaiser_Vii
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

Sold all my four stars out of rage when I quit unfortunately but here now

That sucks man.

Do you have any revives? If you do many use one or two to finish up. If not or if you’re okay running the quest again, play through it again. The hardest thing, and my best advice for 5.3, is it’s so long because of the attack reduction. It makes you learn how to not get hit and you get better because of it. By getting to were you are you’ve shown that you can do it, you just need to get a bit farther.

I'm exploring chapter 1 and 2 before starting 3, so I'll be back. Lol.

I actually don’t suggest doing this because it’s a lot easier to explore 5.2 with a larger roster. 5.2 exploration is harder than 5.3 completion in my opinion.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    it should not be too hard for you I used some 4 stars at r4 or r5 it was not too bad I feel like you don't use blades regen to your advantage. Whenever you get low dash back hold block and regen all the way up. try to awaken ghost and rank her up she is really good for 5.3
    Edit: scratch that plan i see you got moleman take him up he is really good
    yeah, my plan is to stock up on revives and then, go for the whole of 5.3

it should not be too hard for you I used some 4 stars at r4 or r5 it was not too bad I feel like you don't use blades regen to your advantage. Whenever you get low dash back hold block and regen all the way up. try to awaken ghost and rank her up she is really good for 5.3
    Edit: scratch that plan i see you got moleman take him up he is really good

If the opponent bleeds one of the best ways to regen with blade is to parry and hold block for the duration of the stun and dash back at the last moment before they can move again. You can then repeat if necessary. This way you don’t really net spend any power to regen due to the bleed proximity powergain and it’s also very safe. Lastly you’re also dealing damage while you regen. Stupefy really helps here but IMO that should always be maxed anyway.
    yes, did that right before mordo, need to fix masteries, stupefy done
    got mordo to 72 percent with blade now he died so waiting for revives
    Done! 5.3.1-5.3.3 in the bin!