**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Well, you can get Scarlet Witch (Sigil) soon

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I feel double. I don't mind trophy champions like Goldpool, Platinumpool or Deadpool to be available to players only through real money.

With Sigil SW, I was under the impression this would have been released like a regular champion, as she was the MCU Wanda. Especially as she's a pretty good champion and not trophy-like. I feel tricked by Kabam.

Was the word Sigil being in her name not a big enough clue?
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

I feel double. I don't mind trophy champions like Goldpool, Platinumpool or Deadpool to be available to players only through real money.

With Sigil SW, I was under the impression this would have been released like a regular champion, as she was the MCU Wanda. Especially as she's a pretty good champion and not trophy-like. I feel tricked by Kabam.

It was weird, but never did Kabam disclose from the start she would only be available only through summoner sigil. They of course knew this would be controversial.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★

Why do you feel tricked? Sigil is literally in her name. They couldnt really have made it more obvious. If they called a champ Shang chi Loyalty im fairly certain we could put 2 and 2 together
    ItsDamien said:

Weapon X is also a good champion. He is also a trophy champ. There is no correlation between a trophy champs usefulness and their status, only a perceived notion.
    Weapon X is very exclusive, so he doesn't have that much of an impact.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Weapon X is also a good champion. He is also a trophy champ. There is no correlation between a trophy champs usefulness and their status, only a perceived notion.
    Weapon X is very exclusive, so he doesn't have that much of an impact.
    Yeah... same with Wanda. Weapon X is really annoying on war defense and makes an impact.
  • Zeroj2kZeroj2k Posts: 146

You also assumed .... I'm pretty sure they never confirmed when/how she would be released - she's been a non playable character for over 6 months
  • Zeroj2kZeroj2k Posts: 146

It was weird, but never did Kabam disclose from the start she would only be available only through summoner sigil. They of course knew this would be controversial.
    Its only controvertial to people that kick and scream and throw their toys out of the pram when they dont get their own way. People that contribute absolutley nothing financially to the running of development of the game and expect others to contribute so they can keep playing but want the same benefits for free. People that dont understand the overall picture of running a game of this size and only see things from their own little bubbles. The didnt disclose ANYTHING about the champion until now so they have told us from the outset this would be the only way AT THE MOMENT to aqcuire the champion. Stop complaining about something you cant have or cough up the $10 a month like the rest of the people that want her will. Tired of these people moaning
    BG is a prime example of this he's happy to reap the rewards on his channel from playing MCOC but contributes very little financially back into the game.... only people who are complaining about this is FTP players
    BTW these people should be happy that there is another oppurtunity to get something thats not RNG based which is the other complaint people seem to have. Im estatic that i have a guranteed way to aquire a specific champ. And guess what......if i dont want it, or im not happy with paying the $10 a month they give me the choice to not buy it. WELL DONE KABAM!!!!!! MASSIVE PRO PLAYER MOVE IMO
    Zeroj2k said:

Its only controvertial to people that kick and scream and throw their toys out of the pram when they dont get their own way. People that contribute absolutley nothing financially to the running of development of the game and expect others to contribute so they can keep playing but want the same benefits for free. People that dont understand the overall picture of running a game of this size and only see things from their own little bubbles. The didnt disclose ANYTHING about the champion until now so they have told us from the outset this would be the only way AT THE MOMENT to aqcuire the champion. Stop complaining about something you cant have or cough up the $10 a month like the rest of the people that want her will. Tired of these people moaning
    BG is a prime example of this he's happy to reap the rewards on his channel from playing MCOC but contributes very little financially back into the game.... only people who are complaining about this is FTP players
    Oh i watched his video yesterday complaining about how KABAM should want to make "some" money instead of "ALL" of the money. I like Brian Grant a lot i watch most of his content but that's the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard. As if he doesn't sit and analyse ways of making his channel more profitable to him. He is in essence his own little business and im CERTAIN he would want to make more money if he could. So like i said hes looking at it from his own little bubble. He woulnt have a Youtube channel making MCOC videos without promotions like this that people spend on

Hopefully next time they call her Scarlet Witch Ten Dollar a Month

y'know, just to make it absolutely crystal clear
    Zeroj2k said:

You also assumed .... I'm pretty sure they never confirmed when/how she would be released - she's been a non playable character for over 6 months
    Exactly. If Kabam would have been open and transparent from the start, we wouldn't have this discussion.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

No, I think the people on here complaining are making it controversial. Free 2 Play people that is.

No, I think the people on here complaining are making it controversial. Free 2 Play people that is.
    Nothing is controversial as far as im concerned. You can CHOOSE to spend on the sigil or not to GURANTEE a specific champ. Great idea
  • Sweetleaf88666Sweetleaf88666 Posts: 111
    It will be available without paying for it later this year, literally no reason for people to moan. Paying is not the only way to get her. And even if it was it's only a tenner, you only need to get it once to get her.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Why are we generalising ftp as a whole? Please stop this. I am hearing ftp being less skilled players to ftp being whining always. Same argument about whales too. Your spending habit does not determine your skill or character. I am ftp and honestly don't care about this. I am sure plenty of ftp don't care for it either. Just adjust the arena milestones and we are happy. Thank you.
  • Sweetleaf88666Sweetleaf88666 Posts: 111
    Cop123 said:

Imagine that, a company that needs revenue to operate, try's to encourage people to spend money on the game that will allow them to further develop the game and keep it running. And also comment and say that is how you will be able to get the character in other ways after the initial first 6 months :o ! Seriously guys without offers like this to entice people to spend on the game how the hell do we expect it to keep running.

it's not like kabam were going bankrupt without releasing her for money only. no one has problem with offers but they specifically say that there will be no other way to get her for the next 6 months meaning ftp don't have any way at all to get her.
    So lol you will still be able to get her without paying, just not yet. They have basically given us the option to get her early for a price, not holding her back unless you pay. You're just looking at it wrong mate
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Zeroj2k said:

Oh i watched his video yesterday complaining about how KABAM should want to make "some" money instead of "ALL" of the money. I like Brian Grant a lot i watch most of his content but that's the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard. As if he doesn't sit and analyse ways of making his channel more profitable to him. He is in essence his own little business and im CERTAIN he would want to make more money if he could. So like i said hes looking at it from his own little bubble. He woulnt have a Youtube channel making MCOC videos without promotions like this that people spend on
    I never liked the channel. Most of it is arena grinding live streams. As a part of ccp he does not promote a lot of champs. He did not have content about the new updates to the champs. I admire his resilience in hoarding stuff. But as a ccp member and a youtube, his channel is not something I would recommend to people. Something which bothered me was he ranked up Mr fantastic in the ccp beta to test out the champ saying he will rank him up in his main account if he liked the champ. Wish I could have an option like that.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Why are we generalising ftp as a whole? Please stop this. I am hearing ftp being less skilled players to ftp being whining always. Same argument about whales too. Your spending habit does not determine your skill or character. I am ftp and honestly don't care about this. I am sure plenty of ftp don't care for it either. Just adjust the arena milestones and we are happy. Thank you.

Yep I agree, obviously a little upset that I can't get her but it is what it is lol. As long as the character for purchase isn't Ghost or better level it's alright
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    FTP players always crying about some stuff, this is a pay to win game. You can’t actually think you playing for free, you gone have the same benefits or advantages as players who spend cash.

An we always knew she’d be linked to the SUMMONER SIGIL. Sigil is literally in her name... Scarlett Withc (Sigil)!!!

Y’all disappointed for what, developers spend their time and money making a video game. An you think they gone give FTP players everything for nothing, lol
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,034 ★★★★★

Rotelly said:

The in-game message said “items” indicating that other stuff would be available

The items listed are 5-Star and 6-Star Scarlet Witch.
    When I buy the seal, will I immediately become the owner of a 6-star Scarlet Witch?
    LOL nope.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    “I never liked the channel. Most of it is arena grinding live streams. As a part of ccp he does not promote a lot of champs. He did not have content about the new updates to the champs. I admire his resilience in hoarding stuff. But as a ccp member and a youtube, his channel is not something I would recommend to people. Something which bothered me was he ranked up Mr fantastic in the ccp beta to test out the champ saying he will rank him up in his main account if he liked the champ. Wish I could have an option like that.”

Yeah, I been unfollowed him. All he do is grind arena, and cry when stuff doesn’t go his way.
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    If you buy the sigil and then use the credits to purchase the 6* Scarlet Witch, do you own her permanently? Or do you lose her if you no longer renew your sigil? (sorry if already asked)
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

AouxWoux said:

Cant wait to pay 100 dollars while having an active sigil sub to buy a "striker" and a "relic" which can be only used an limited times like boosts. Thanks kabam!

So now we're just gonna make stuff up huh. Working hard for that mention on Prof Hoffs channel.
    Can almost imagine the click bait title already...
    "Kabam Paywalls MCOC and I learned how No Retreat works in 6.1"
    I-Hulk is the best no retreat counter and I'll never hear otherwise
    Yea, the god prof hoff taught us how if you dash back once you don’t degen, I mean it’s such a great insight, not like you have to dash back twice to trigger it or anything
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 35
    Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

Imagine that, a company that needs revenue to operate, try's to encourage people to spend money on the game that will allow them to further develop the game and keep it running. And also comment and say that is how you will be able to get the character in other ways after the initial first 6 months :o ! Seriously guys without offers like this to entice people to spend on the game how the hell do we expect it to keep running.

it's not like kabam were going bankrupt without releasing her for money only. no one has problem with offers but they specifically say that there will be no other way to get her for the next 6 months meaning ftp don't have any way at all to get her.
    And so they shouldnt. The people that contribtute to the running and maintainig of the game should have the option to get her first as a benefit of spending their money. If you dont want to contribute in the same way others do you shouldnt expect the same benefits. Pretty simple to me
    ftp players also contribute to the game. we make up most of the game's population. it doesn't matter if a spenders got a champion first before ftp because eventually (in a good amount of time, not something like years or something), everyone would have the chance to get that champion for free. ftp now don't have that chance.
    And out of curiosity what financial contribution do f2p players make to the game?
    ftp players are the ones who make up most the playerbase. they help keep the game interesting and competitive given the multiplayer aspects of it. they also spread awareness of the game and in a way, are low-key advertising for kabam. they are also the ones mainly behind the ratings, reviews and other such stats which encourage spenders to download the game. The game also helps promote marvel property such as comics, movies, series, etc. and so it's directly a promotion for everyone in the game helping marvel themselves boost sales.

ftp help a lot in small and indirect ways
    Lmao, F2P contribute absolutely nothing to the game short of attendance. If anything what F2P does is take things.

Spenders actually contribute. Stop it.

Your perspective is all move the place. This is a competitive hobby hence “Contest” of Champions.

If you don’t have $10 to throw a sigil, then that’s on you. If it wasn’t this then it would be something else. Quit complaining.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,138 ★★★★★

If you buy the sigil and then use the credits to purchase the 6* Scarlet Witch, do you own her permanently? Or do you lose her if you no longer renew your sigil? (sorry if already asked)

U keep her as u bought her would be u have to be sigil or the last part wouldnt be there of being rare occasion in future
    Lvernon15 said:

AouxWoux said:

Cant wait to pay 100 dollars while having an active sigil sub to buy a "striker" and a "relic" which can be only used an limited times like boosts. Thanks kabam!

So now we're just gonna make stuff up huh. Working hard for that mention on Prof Hoffs channel.
    Can almost imagine the click bait title already...
    "Kabam Paywalls MCOC and I learned how No Retreat works in 6.1"
    I-Hulk is the best no retreat counter and I'll never hear otherwise
    Yea, the god prof hoff taught us how if you dash back once you don’t degen, I mean it’s such a great insight, not like you have to dash back twice to trigger it or anything
    Before I watched that video I was trying to counter it by dashing back 4 times in a row, and I just didn’t know why I was degenerating.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

“I never liked the channel. Most of it is arena grinding live streams. As a part of ccp he does not promote a lot of champs. He did not have content about the new updates to the champs. I admire his resilience in hoarding stuff. But as a ccp member and a youtube, his channel is not something I would recommend to people. Something which bothered me was he ranked up Mr fantastic in the ccp beta to test out the champ saying he will rank him up in his main account if he liked the champ. Wish I could have an option like that.”

Yeah, I been unfollowed him. All he do is grind arena, and cry when stuff doesn’t go his way.

Hard disagree. Brian Grant does not cry when things don't go his way. He may have disagreed with they were doing, but he just put out a video taking back what he said. BG puts thoughts into his videos when tackling a subject. He didn't bash Kabam, he explained his viewpoint. If you unfollowed him, why would you ever come back to the forums? It's 1000's of times worse on here.

Hard disagree. Brian Grant does not cry when things don't go his way. He may have disagreed with they were doing, but he just put out a video taking back what he said. BG puts thoughts into his videos when tackling a subject. He didn't bash Kabam, he explained his viewpoint. If you unfollowed him, why would you ever come back to the forums? It's 1000's of times worse on here.

What he actually said was that he thought it would be a new type of currency and now he knows the only thing available at the moment through it was SW has not as bothered. However the point still remains. Why should people that financially contribute to the game not get exclusive benefits? The game was never designed for everybody to play it for free but some people do. The whole thing is designed to generate revenue. If they want to offer something exclusive to the people that contribute that's KABAMS decision and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He was still complaining if there was other things available to purchase that he couldn't get. So he didn't "take back" what he said he adjusted it. But the core complaint was still the same
    Pulyaman said:

Zeroj2k said:

I never liked the channel. Most of it is arena grinding live streams. As a part of ccp he does not promote a lot of champs. He did not have content about the new updates to the champs. I admire his resilience in hoarding stuff. But as a ccp member and a youtube, his channel is not something I would recommend to people. Something which bothered me was he ranked up Mr fantastic in the ccp beta to test out the champ saying he will rank him up in his main account if he liked the champ. Wish I could have an option like that.
    Oh and by the way the purpose of those streams is to........GENERATE HIMSELF REVENUE. How disgusting. If nobody donated money on those streams you can be certain they would be stopped very quickly