**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grandmaster’s Gauntlet Team Composition Discussion

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,903 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Wanted to get a post out there for people to discuss potential team comps. For now we can really only discuss the best options for the first 5 fights, but that’ll change in about half an hour.

I don’t know that I’d recommend this team for the whole thing, but I kinda feel like the Fantastic Four synergy team has solid answers for the first path.

Thing for Doom. He’s XL and shock immune, so he’s viable. Probably not recommended, but viable.
Mr. Fantastic has incredible power control, taunt on his sp1, and a solid amount of resistances. This makes him an option for both Terrax and Vision.
Thing again or maybe Torch for Modok. Both have the potential to stun off (some) of their specials. Torch can build up smolders from blocking Modok sp1s.
Spider-Ham is the wildcard from the way I’m looking at it. That being said, this team comp allows an extra champion to be brought in. Maybe Nick Fury? He could be helpful both for some of the trickier fights on the path plus gives the whole team a nice damage boost.

This is almost certainly not the ideal team, but it could be a fun one. I’m looking forward to hearing what other people come up with!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    I agree with hoitado, that an Odin seems to really clear content in this game.

Keep in mind that building a team for the first five fights is going to be fine for completion but there's four other lines of bosses and they said you can't fit good counters for all of em on one team.
  • MUSTAFAKİNGWOLFMUSTAFAKİNGWOLF Posts: 18
    edited June 2021
    All You Need Is Unit man

All You Need Is Unit man

- The Beagles

good champs will be on my team

Joe Fixit will be a staple I'm sure. I've heard he can solo the Gwenmaster.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

My initial thoughts
    1) doom : namor
    2) Terrax: Namor
    3) Vision : Vision OG.
    4) modok? not sure yet, same counter that will counter hammy.
    thinking of bringing in my r3 capiw r5 vision r5Namor so far. nr4 will be a true striker, nr 5 as well undecided.

Vision has power bond so power drain and power steal effects are reduced by 90%

Edit: also u have to counter the other 3 paths which we will know the fights very shortly
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,762 Guardian
    edited June 2021
    Bendy said:

My initial thoughts
    1) doom : namor
    2) Terrax: Namor
    3) Vision : Vision OG.
    4) modok? not sure yet, same counter that will counter hammy.
    thinking of bringing in my r3 capiw r5 vision r5Namor so far. nr4 will be a true striker, nr 5 as well undecided.

Vision has power bond so power drain and power steal effects are reduced by 90%

Edit: also u have to counter the other 3 paths which we will know the fights very shortly
    Vision bypasses powerbond. Im waiting to see, of course.
    vision power burns, so that isnt a steal or drain.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Magik looks good for terrax and vision right?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,903 ★★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

Modok's sp1 is unblockable, can't build smoulders on that unless you like being dead

Good catch, not a huge fan of being dead. So Torch is out for that fight.

Magik looks good for terrax and vision right?

Yep! That’s a full power lock, so that bypasses what they’re working with. She’d be a great pick for them.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Mole god FTW
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

6r3 Psylocke
    6r3 Mojo
    6r2 G2099
    5/65 Mags
    5/65 Apoc
    That’s gonna be my go-to team for this one

Why's that G99 not rank 3 doe? 👀
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    If there's no true strike global everyone other than vision is getting quaked for section 1.
    Void might come In handy for vision if power bond applies to power steal and stops Doom
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    If it's Quakeable, then I'll be bringing Quake.

Hyperion is great for Thanos so he maybe should go on

I'm expecting to see champs like Apoc, Magik, Domino, Mr N, Mangog in there. I think Magik or Doom for Power Control is going to be amazing.

Depending on how many metal champs are in there Mags is an obvious shout.

Guardian might be a sleeper option if there is a problematic Apoc and Magik

If there's no true strike global everyone other than vision is getting quaked for section 1.
    Void might come In handy for vision if power bond applies to power steal and stops Doom

I’m a competent enough Quake player that I could probably do that as well, but... I really just don’t want to 😂 feels like I’d get bored but if they keep smacking me around when I try other options I may put her in the game. Plus I’m sure NF will be on the team and I love that synergy.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Magneto rinses Doom, but you’re gonna take some block damage. Terrax you’re gonna need some major power control. Tried the fight with Doom and got annihilated.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Magneto rinses Doom, but you’re gonna take some block damage. Terrax you’re gonna need some major power control. Tried the fight with Doom and got annihilated.

Have a video of the Mags fight?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

This is who I’m going in with

This is who I’m going in with

IMIW is an interesting one. Who are you planning on using him for?
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

Etm34 said:

Have a video of the Mags fight?
    Didn’t video it. But it was a 34 hit fight. Throw 2 SP3 at 40 prowess and it’s over
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I’m a competent enough Quake player that I could probably do that as well, but... I really just don’t want to 😂 feels like I’d get bored but if they keep smacking me around when I try other options I may put her in the game. Plus I’m sure NF will be on the team and I love that synergy.
    Turns out you can quake vision too.
    Unless I'm mistaken you can literally quake the entire first 2 section

Wicket329 said:

Turns out you can quake vision too.
    Unless I'm mistaken you can literally quake the entire first 2 section
    Looks like Quake’s back on the menu!