**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grandmaster’s Gauntlet Team Composition Discussion

Comments

• Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

Thoughts about this team? Am I missing something? I don't have quake
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

This is who I’m going in with

IMIW is an interesting one. Who are you planning on using him for?
    All rounder really if I have any problems. He’s got so much to offer, one of my favourite r3s. Bringing him for evade matches, korg, any power control doom can’t handle, will use him for Apoc with his block proficiency

And he’s got the benefit of being my strongest avenger (sorry Thor), so he’ll be useful against nameless thanos last stage
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

6r3 Psylocke
    6r3 Mojo
    6r2 G2099
    5/65 Mags
    5/65 Apoc
    That’s gonna be my go-to team for this one

Psylocke does not work for Terrax. New team is Sym, Mags, Prof X, CGR, and G2099
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I was going to go cheap and just copy the YouTubers, but of course they’re all using Shang Chi. Who’d have thought he’d be the MVP?!
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

If there's no true strike global everyone other than vision is getting quaked for section 1.
    Void might come In handy for vision if power bond applies to power steal and stops Doom

I’m a competent enough Quake player that I could probably do that as well, but... I really just don’t want to 😂 feels like I’d get bored but if they keep smacking me around when I try other options I may put her in the game. Plus I’m sure NF will be on the team and I love that synergy.
    Turns out you can quake vision too.
    Unless I'm mistaken you can literally quake the entire first 2 section
    As long as people are willing to break their thumbs, Quake takes care of nearly all fights. One counter to them all.
    But it's going to be long and boring.
    Easy trade
    My thumbs for t5cc selector, 6* nexus and r4 materials
    Oh for sure lol. Slightly disappointed that 1 champ can do most of it, but kudos to those willing to break their hands lol.
    Side note, looks like Ghost can do a lot of it as well? With the Hood synergy.
    I suck with both, so not doing the quest mostly lol.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    I think Sorcerer Supreme is going to be an MVP for some tough fights like the Korg in the second section and the Killmonger in the fourth.

Does Force of Will negate the slow debuff since slow affects the ability accuracy of evade effects?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I think Sorcerer Supreme is going to be an MVP for some tough fights like the Korg in the second section and the Killmonger in the fourth.

I've thought of her as well. She's gonna be MVP for majority of it. I also spotted an apoc that she'd destroy.
    Wicket329 said:

Does Force of Will negate the slow debuff since slow affects the ability accuracy of evade effects?

Force of will doesn't affect effectiveness of slow debuffs in any way.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Anyone went with aegon? :)
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Bpn88855 said:

Problem with aegon is that where would you ramp him up? All fights require immediate utilities.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Bpn88855 said:

Problem with aegon is that where would you ramp him up? All fights require immediate utilities.
    Nah, you could ramp him up on Doom easy, just don’t block. After that, ramp him up on MODOK since he should have true accuracy by then. I don’t think he’s the best option for this though
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Welp, would've loved to do this but I have 600 units and no quake.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    What do u guys think of this team
    R3 hit monkey
    R3 warlock
    R2 guilly99
    5/65 quake
    5/65 bwcv(or magik)
    I have suicides so i am thinking of a team which can keep my suicide friendly champs...if it wont work then I will do it when i turn them off
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Bpn88855 said:

I plan to. Going to ramp up on thing, nightcrawler and potentially weapon X.

Was initially going to bring NF but he's been replaced with r3 BWDO for her avenger status

New teams
    Quake
    Prof X
    Guardian
    Aegon
    BWDO
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited June 2021

Not my planning, could that work? Aegon usage
    The problem with Aegon is I think Thing is the first fight you can really ramp him up on. That’s okay if you’ve got a plan for the first five fights without him, but then you’ll have some real redundancy in utility because you’ll need an immediate counter to Modok and Spider-Ham.
  • SquammoSquammo Posts: 397 ★★★

Bpn88855 said:

Nah, you could ramp him up on Doom easy, just don’t block. After that, ramp him up on MODOK since he should have true accuracy by then. I don’t think he’s the best option for this though
    Can’t do that because of micro reflect.
  • Wicket329 said:

The problem with Aegon is I think Thing is the first fight you can really ramp him up on. That’s okay if you’ve got a plan for the first five fights without him, but then you’ll have some real redundancy in utility because you’ll need an immediate counter to Modok and Spider-Ham.

youll need to suicide bank combo on viz first.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Running Quake, Magneto, Doctor Doom, Ghost, Torch.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Bpn88855 said:

Don't see any ramp up on vision since he has surging vengeance and aspect of death
    My buddy is doing it u can with revivies

Wicket329 said:

That just seems like a prohibitively and unnecessarily expensive way of doing it. How many hits would you actually get in before he gets his sp3 and wastes you? Let’s say generously you can get up to 50 (you won’t, it’ll probably be more like 30 but just for the sake of argument), and you have a sig 200 Aegon so you bank 75% of that.

You’ll bank 37 hits per run. That means five runs will be necessary to have over 150 in the bank at the start of the next fight. That’s a lot of revives burned on what should be an easy one-shot fight, and it doesn’t get him anywhere near his full ramp.

That being said, if you think burning those revives early will save you the revives later, that’s a legitimate argument to be made. You’ll just have to do an analysis of how many fights Aegon can one-shot that you otherwise would have needed to use revives for.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Bpn88855 said:

Don't see any ramp up on vision since he has surging vengeance and aspect of death
    My buddy is doing it u can with revivies
    Definitely but I'm trying to avoid using revives. Rather ramp on thing than race surging vengeance
  • Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

That just seems like a prohibitively and unnecessarily expensive way of doing it. How many hits would you actually get in before he gets his sp3 and wastes you? Let’s say generously you can get up to 50 (you won’t, it’ll probably be more like 30 but just for the sake of argument), and you have a sig 200 Aegon so you bank 75% of that.

You’ll bank 37 hits per run. That means five runs will be necessary to have over 150 in the bank at the start of the next fight. That’s a lot of revives burned on what should be an easy one-shot fight, and it doesn’t get him anywhere near his full ramp.

That being said, if you think burning those revives early will save you the revives later, that’s a legitimate argument to be made. You’ll just have to do an analysis of how many fights Aegon can one-shot that you otherwise would have needed to use revives for.
    other than quake who one shots him?
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    Lol, how stupid plannings I have already seen here.. just QUAKE-QUAKE most of them

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Medusa, Magik, Dormammu (lol), probably Mr. Fantastic or Stark Spidey with their easy-access taunts, anybody who can power lock him or taunt him consistently. Void would work as well with good petrify RNG. Void is probably the best option on this list in terms of having further use throughout the quest, then Magik. Maybe Magneto as well with good RNG if you can hold off his synthesis long enough
  • Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Medusa, Magik, Dormammu (lol), probably Mr. Fantastic or Stark Spidey with their easy-access taunts, anybody who can power lock him or taunt him consistently. Void would work as well with good petrify RNG. Void is probably the best option on this list in terms of having further use throughout the quest, then Magik. Maybe Magneto as well with good RNG if you can hold off his synthesis long enough
    other than magik/void, i dont see anyone bringing anyone else tbh