**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grandmaster’s Gauntlet Team Composition Discussion

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

I used G2099, Mags, Prof X, CGR, and Sym. They handled it fairly well, except for the Nameless Thanos. Not a bad team but in hindsight I should have swapped CGR for Void

who did you use for KM and Domino? Congrats by the way!
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I used G2099, Mags, Prof X, CGR, and Sym. They handled it fairly well, except for the Nameless Thanos. Not a bad team but in hindsight I should have swapped CGR for Void

For KM I used CGR. Shut him down entirely. If I had heard CGR to max and played more carefully it would have been an easy solo.
    For Domino I almost soloed with 40% health Prof X but the Crit fail damage killed me so I threw the rest of my team at her.
    Gmonkey said:

Which fights did you use g2099 for?
    I assume prof for all evaders and fury
    I used G2099 for iBom, a little of Weapon X and Thing, and a little of Sasquatch. Her biggest use was reversing the healing in the autoblock phase of Nameless Thanos.
    Gmonkey said:

Which fights did you use g2099 for?
    I assume prof for all evaders and fury
    I used Prof X for everything that wasn’t metal. With a mutant power boost he wrecks.
    Actually for Fury I soled him with a 40% CGR with a cosmic power boost.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

For KM I used CGR. Shut him down entirely. If I had heard CGR to max and played more carefully it would have been an easy solo.
    For Domino I almost soloed with 40% health Prof X but the Crit fail damage killed me so I threw the rest of my team at her.
    Thanks bro!
    Gmonkey said:

You mention swapping cgr for void beside killmonger how would that have helped?
    Void would have been better for Sasquatch, Dragon Man, Mojo, and Doom. Those four cost me a fair bit of revives, which is fine because I was trying to burn through all my stash, and a lot of potions, which wasn’t great because I had to buy them with units.
  • MikeymonstesMikeymonstes Posts: 151
    Someone please help me with this; I don't have namor or quake. I tried magic on terrax (with boosts) and she dies every time before she can get 2 bars of power. So I'm stumped, any thoughts??
  • ymgcymgc Posts: 7

Would you mind listing the individual matchups? For instance I couldn't even make out who you used for Doom in the first fight lol. Mags parry all the way?
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Guys I think I’m screwed. Brought a team of Ghost, Wasp, Doom, Namor, and Magneto. Sasquatch’s regen I can’t shut off or reverse. Only way would be wasp. Thought mags attacks were non contact now. Apparently not. RIP
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Guys I think I’m screwed. Brought a team of Ghost, Wasp, Doom, Namor, and Magneto. Sasquatch’s regen I can’t shut off or reverse. Only way would be wasp. Thought mags attacks were non contact now. Apparently not. RIP

How would wasp stop it. And if she did why aren't you just using her.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

I've seen a handful of posts/comments about being roadblocked at Squatch, what're the best options for him besides Quake? I don't plan to do the gauntlet for a couple days, just looking to plan ahead some.

Torch works because his incinerates will heal block. Someone with lots of debuffs + despair works. AA would work well, Proffessor X, get a few stacks of prowess and you won't even feel that regen.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★

Thinking about using this team. Anyone see any potential road blocks that I haven’t thought of? Mainly worried about Terrax but no Namor and not using Quake (not nearly good enough with her). Attached my other r5’s, r2’s and r3’s for my other options.

I’m an average Ghost player but am not confident enough in my ghosting abilities to devote other spots to synergy champs
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    zeezee57 said:

I've seen a handful of posts/comments about being roadblocked at Squatch, what're the best options for him besides Quake? I don't plan to do the gauntlet for a couple days, just looking to plan ahead some.

I did my sassy fight with quake; that being said I find a better option would be to use Apoc and launch an Sp2 to proc concussion on him. Follow that up with an sp3 for a locked in 70% concussion to pretty much switch off his regen and unstoppable on Wrath of Tanaraq. Just keep knocking him down and launch one final sp2 on Lifecycle cooldown and your gtg.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★

how'd you take out Terrax?
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    I have not seen the gauntlet map yet but based from all the posts and comments i've seen...I will definitely bring in my 6r3 duped Doom, 5/65 Quake, 5/65 awakened CGR.

i got two slots left and my options are:

Any good options here?
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Funny how that can be harder than abyss if quake works? :) So msd did it with namor, mag, prof x, falcon, aa. I don’t have namor, how do you think who can work instead? As I understood that for terrax, km, korg must have
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★

Someone please help me with this; I don't have namor or quake. I tried magic on terrax (with boosts) and she dies every time before she can get 2 bars of power. So I'm stumped, any thoughts??

I'm thinking of blitzing him with my r3 cgr. I did a test run, got 20% off in 1 try without any boosts, so he should go down in 2-3 revives with power boosts etc
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Would horseman Wolverine work anywhere?
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I’m thinking something like either:
    Quake
    Ghost
    Nick
    Torch
    Doom

Or

Quake
    Ghost
    Torch
    CGR

Maybe replace one of those to have Apoc + a mutant
  • HarryBoschHarryBosch Posts: 78
    Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

I think Sorcerer Supreme is going to be an MVP for some tough fights like the Korg in the second section and the Killmonger in the fourth.

I've thought of her as well. She's gonna be MVP for majority of it. I also spotted an apoc that she'd destroy.
    Wicket329 said:

Does Force of Will negate the slow debuff since slow affects the ability accuracy of evade effects?

Force of will doesn't affect effectiveness of slow debuffs in any way.
    I'm confused. Why would sorcerer supreme be good for those fights?

how'd you take out Terrax?
    Sym Supreme
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    Bpn88855 said:

Funny how that can be harder than abyss if quake works? :) So msd did it with namor, mag, prof x, falcon, aa. I don’t have namor, how do you think who can work instead? As I understood that for terrax, km, korg must have

It's the time to prove that Omega is more useful other than biohazard 😂..
    People always shouting that Omega can do whatever namor does now no one is using him for that terrax
    AGYAAT said:

Bpn88855 said:

It's the time to prove that Omega is more useful other than biohazard 😂..
    People always shouting that Omega can do whatever namor does now no one is using him for that terrax
    I was thinking about omega, fight will take longer. It is fine, but does he valuable for other fights? Korg and km seems will work, also iabom. Champ places are reduced so need think carefully who to take
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    So, I think my team is going to be

R5 Apoc
    R5 Mags
    R5 AA
    6* R2 Cable
    And R5 Gulk.

I don't have Namor. I don't have 5* Quake.

Apoc will end up having to do most of the heavy lifting with the others in there for niche counters.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

R5 Apoc
    R5 Mags
    R5 AA
    6* R2 Cable
    And R5 Gulk.

Apoc will end up having to do most of the heavy lifting with the others in there for niche counters.

I am very interested in your run because mine will be a similar team. I have quake but not good at using her. I can take cable to R2.
    Pulyaman said:

ItsDamien said:

R5 Apoc
    R5 Mags
    R5 AA
    6* R2 Cable
    And R5 Gulk.

I am very interested in your run because mine will be a similar team. I have quake but not good at using her. I can take cable to R2.
    For who r u plan to use cable?