**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Floating window not working for mcoc anymore?

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
I use a Xiaomi phone, and I just noticed that I can't do floating window for mcoc anymore after the latest update. Labyrinth and abyss freezing issues are mostly gone after Android 11, but now I can't even do floating window for this game? If that's supposedly a trade-off, it is definitely not one I'd make if I had the choice. Floating window worked so well with autoplay among other things, so I definitely want it back. It's a huge deal for me.

Then again, it could be as a result of the software update, but it's unlikely that it's solely the issue. Mcoc worked perfectly in floating window before the latest app update as well.
Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Hm, I can still do it.
    I'm using Xiaomi Mi 9. Is working fine for me
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    I'm on Xiaomi Mi A2 but what do you mean by floating window?
    edited June 2021

Similar to what you can do on youtube, either on pc or mobile. A small window with the app open, and playing while you can do something else at the same time, switching between one thing and the other

edited June 2021

Similar to what you can do on youtube, either on pc or mobile. A small window with the app open, and playing while you can do something else at the same time, switching between one thing and the other
    This is interesting (thanks for explanation) but is there some setting to activate to have it?

This is interesting (thanks for explanation) but is there some setting to activate to have it?
    It should be on the device dropdown menu itself.
    edited June 2021

It should be on the device dropdown menu itself.
    The Xiaomi is on Android 10 which only allows split screen.
    On launching MCOC, there is a comment which states the app does not support split screen.
    I suppose it won't work for me, but good to learn some things. Thanks.

Separate question.
    Why does app requires this?

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Go to Settings>About phone and tap "Build number" 7 times to activate "Developer Settings" Go back to settings, find "Developer settings", scroll down and check "Force split screen" Turn on "Freeform windows" as well. Note that if an app does not support split screen or freeform windows by default, it might not work well.
    @Chikel said:

Go to Settings>About phone and tap "Build number" 7 times to activate "Developer Settings" Go back to settings, find "Developer settings", scroll down and check "Force split screen" Turn on "Freeform windows" as well. Note that if an app does not support split screen or freeform windows by default, it might not work well.

Still not working except for split screen (for apps which works).

@Chikel said:

When you bring up the recents menu, hold the MCOC icon and select the freeform icon. That might work
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

I have tried it but the game doesn't support picture-in-picture mode on Samsung devices.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Hm, I can still do it.

On Android 11?
    Chikel said:

I didn't find the "force split screen" option. And the other one also doesn't work unfortunately.
    Chikel said:

@Chikel said:

When you bring up the recents menu, hold the MCOC icon and select the freeform icon. That might work
    I've tried this. That particular option is blurred out. Same with split screen.
    Djin said:

I have tried it but the game doesn't support picture-in-picture mode on Samsung devices.

Yeah it's such a dumb change. I really hope they reverse it. Floating window helps a lot when studying.
    Kill_Grey said:

Hm, I can still do it.

On Android 11?
    Android 10

Kill_Grey said:

Hm, I can still do it.

On Android 11?
    Android 10
    Yeah, I think mcoc still supports floating window on Android 10 and below.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Hm, I can still do it.

On Android 11?
    Android 10
    Yeah... my device has Android 11 too.
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Hm, I can still do it.

On Android 11?
    Android 10
    I just tested on my android 10 phone and the option doesn't show up for MCOC or Call of Duty. I don't know why they removed it. I never used it but now I've realized how useful it could be, it's gone.
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★