**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blade counter

spidey31415926spidey31415926 Posts: 147
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Who’s a good counter for blade in this month cav eq? And also the dev who decided on life cycle, flux dispersal, and unblockable specials please take 2 weeks off then quit.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,082 ★★★★
    I used Guardian on my first run through the quest. At the start of the fight just parry-heavy a bunch of times to delay the life cycle timer, then just stick to spamming sp1. Apoc should work well since it's power shield and he can do loads of damage on his sp1. The most important part is to manage your power so that he doesn't get to his sp2 cause it's unblockable :/
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Unless I'm missing something, parry heavy with Warlock until he's almost KO, making sure you save your SP3 until life cycle is down before knocking him down with one more heavy and launching it
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Ghost, Prof X. You need someone who will spam specials and can do heavys. I assume doom would work well also.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Unless I'm missing something, parry heavy with Warlock until he's almost KO, making sure you save your SP3 until life cycle is down before knocking him down with one more heavy and launching it

Power switches based on who has the most power and blade once he has a bar of power basically shrugs off parry
    White Mags prefight the way to go then I think. Haven't done the fight, but that's a way to avoid the parry situation
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

Honestly i am struggling on cosmic map and i think i will skip this month quest. I want to enjoy content not be frustrated and have my skills throw out the window.

Just do lot's of hits and back off if you don't get vigilance after ten... And once you do get vigilance, you want to make sure to hit into block because that will build furies as well.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I used Doom. The power switching thing messed me up a few times, but sp1 when he has 2 bars of power into sp2 worked fine, plus you can throw heavies pretty easily as long as you make sure not to do the full 5 combo so the shock doesn’t expire.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Also his specials are unblockable so it’s easy to do a heavy then sp1
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,037 ★★★★★
    I VOIDED him :)
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Wouldn’t Mojo work? Passive DoT ftw?
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

Honestly i am struggling on cosmic map and i think i will skip this month quest. I want to enjoy content not be frustrated and have my skills throw out the window.

CGR works really good. But I agree I’m already annoyed with this months eq after being annoyed by last months and will probably just not waste my time or resources on it. I want to play for enjoyment not frustration

Doesn't CGR proc danger sense?

Anyways, I'll probably just use Warlock's sig and Wagneto. Or Ibom, HB, Doctopus, Torch, CW, Quake, etc. Main thing is to keep your power low, his power below, and use somebody who can heavy spam -- and, ideally, heal block.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    warlock turns it off completely, 4* would be fine
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Power gain champs are the best. Hyperion, aarkus. Just be sure to be below 2 bars when power shifts proc. Torch with nova active should also work great (I got easy solo with Hype, can't guarantee that)
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    1st time run I used doom, heavy then fire sp.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,082 ★★★★
    Tbh this fight feels like the spidey fight last month. The solution is not very obvious at first, but when you figure it out you realize any champion can work. I really like these type of fights
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    You can do with it any champ
    Mags with ST/magik
    G2099
    HB
    HTD
    Or
    Civil warrior (I have not tried him yet but his kit seems perfectly fine for this fight)
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    Champs with multi-hit heavies aren’t the best to use, but yes any champ can do it… but it still sucks between the AI and the node combination

Ended up using Hyperion to take a big chunk off of him then doing the final 10% with AA.

However, I think the Power Shield is broken as the specials sure were not +400%
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

Champs with multi-hit heavies aren’t the best to use, but yes any champ can do it… but it still sucks between the AI and the node combination

Ended up using Hyperion to take a big chunk off of him then doing the final 10% with AA.

However, I think the Power Shield is broken as the specials sure were not +400%

Probadly bc flux dispersal.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    This was one of the more annoying fights. Warlock consumes his infections when firing sp1 and his sp1 has so many hits, so Blade will always heal up when you try to kill him with sp1. You are forced to fire sp1 because even when I was holding block, blade fires his special when the timer is just about to expire, so power gets switched right after his sp1. Had to mow him down with guardian in the end.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    How funny i don't find life cycle, flux dispersal much problem, the most annoy part is that damn Power switches node, it's ruin my smooth like you almost get a sp then suddenly you lost power and blade gain more, even might end up a sp2, also he shurgs off debuffs faster and it's make launch bigger sp like sp2, 3 harder (unless Hyperion,...) Oh yeah, his AI so passive you might end up don't have a chance to use sp before the timer out.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I think even a 4 star guilly 2099 would do just fine. She bypasses the power shield node so it makes for a pretty easy fight. Even if you mess up a bit, her sp1 has power drain.
    I would say however, this is quite an annoying fight.