**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Monthly event quests.

Are they supposed to be more and more difficult every month because I feel like this is the case. If the quests are going to be more difficult then the rewards should be better. The nodes on blade are stupid, making him more stress than the worth of the rewards.

Comments

• Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    aah the old nefarious lifecycle node combined with everyones favorite power sheild ...to be honest i felt this months difficulty went down from last month not that last month was overly difficult just frustrating nodes on bosses..... for this blade fight start of the fight keep parry heaving blade for like at least 8-9 times you wont do any damage cause of the power shield node but this is very essential ... dont let blade get to 2 bars of power always bait sp1... that sp2 dex is not happening ... when blade is about 5% health drop another heavy wait for the lifecycle icon to go gray and then immediately throw your special (preferably sp2 just to be safe)...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★

Blade is ridiculously difficult for this new monthly quest! Why!? Many people are rage quitting on this months quest. There is no need for this game to be more difficult. We want better rewards and just enough challenge to keep the game fun.

If you can't handle the Blade fight, you don't deserve better rewards. You don't want a challenge at all. You want cupcake fights you don't have to think about. Ridiculous.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    There's a rather half assed way of doing it with quake, but I think warlock would be the best right? Prevents the healing and then you can throw a heavy, the bleed will kill
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 668 ★★★
    I see a lot of people complaining about the blade quest. N it does seem like the quest does keep increasing in difficulty. But from what I've noticed, it involves more of strategic planning, fully understanding the node and how to counter.
    When I first attempted blade, it felt impossible until someone suggested archangel.
    The highest rarity I have of Archangel is a 4 star(damn u kabam) even with that I killed blade on cav quest really easy(i had him as horseman tho😅)...
    The quest for me this month is a lot easier than the last one...
    I can't really say anything about the ai not baiting since it works out for me but all in all just find a champ that works and make the best of him
    Odachi said:

Riciton said:

Are they supposed to be more and more difficult every month because I feel like this is the case. If the quests are going to be more difficult then the rewards should be better. The nodes on blade are stupid, making him more stress than the worth of the rewards.

So by your logic, they should have decreased the rewards during all the easier months right?

This community is the worst. Presented with a challenge and instead of asking for help, you bash the fight and say we need more rewards.

No, the rewards don't need increased, your skill needs increased. Difficulty fluctuates month to month. This is what earning something means.

Git gud.
    Typical non-constructive rhrotic where you slander other players. How many terms does this violate?

Blade can be taken down with AA. The bleeds and poisons don't do anything but the neuro sure does and if that kills him lifecycle won't trigger either. Alternatively claire can work well, just use sp1 in incinerate mode for best damage or keep her in bleed if you occasionally get clipped
    Slander lol. Sure.
    Bawa69 said:

aah the old nefarious lifecycle node combined with everyones favorite power sheild ...to be honest i felt this months difficulty went down from last month not that last month was overly difficult just frustrating nodes on bosses..... for this blade fight start of the fight keep parry heaving blade for like at least 8-9 times you wont do any damage cause of the power shield node but this is very essential ... dont let blade get to 2 bars of power always bait sp1... that sp2 dex is not happening ... when blade is about 5% health drop another heavy wait for the lifecycle icon to go gray and then immediately throw your special (preferably sp2 just to be safe)...

You're better off going with SP3 once the lifecycle icon turns purple. That gives the longest reset period. Many make the mistake of throwing specials before the icon turns grey. Always wait until it turns grey.
  • CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★

Bawa69 said:

You're better off going with SP3 once the lifecycle icon turns purple. That gives the longest reset period. Many make the mistake of throwing specials before the icon turns grey. Always wait until it turns grey.
    Agreed. Tho it isnt very likely that you will reach sp3 with the power alter node going on.

Archangel makes the most of the fight pretty straightforward. Tho I did end up dying on my first run..
  • Ra1Ra1 Posts: 3
    monthly is getting difficult with every new event. personally, I am enjoying it because with the right champions anyone can do it. the new champion purgatory is just awesome here have a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg7bmag6FbA
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I soloed him with different champs everytime mags (ST/MAGIK)
    HB
    G2099
    Hit monkey

All you need patience. Why everyone is so fussed up about it. This CAV DIFFICULTY (meant for act 6 difficulty scaling from 6.1 to 6.4 type). All you need to play around around the node. If you think it's hard then go for G2099 boss.(tho she's bugged atm)
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Riciton said:

Bawa69 said:

The issue is he doesn't bait easy and holds his block to heal so getting to my sp2 is almost impossible because the node will steal my power and give it to him before I can successfully launch it. He destroyed my 3/45 colossus on master difficulty, with this in mind I will most likely pass on the uncollected quest this month.
    My 4/40 ghost shmucked him on uncollected.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

Odachi said:

Riciton said:

So by your logic, they should have decreased the rewards during all the easier months right?

This community is the worst. Presented with a challenge and instead of asking for help, you bash the fight and say we need more rewards.

No, the rewards don't need increased, your skill needs increased. Difficulty fluctuates month to month. This is what earning something means.

Git gud.
    Typical non-constructive rhrotic where you slander other players. How many terms does this violate?

Blade can be taken down with AA. The bleeds and poisons don't do anything but the neuro sure does and if that kills him lifecycle won't trigger either. Alternatively claire can work well, just use sp1 in incinerate mode for best damage or keep her in bleed if you occasionally get clipped
    Demon is the most toxic guy in the entire forum. 0 respect for such people who barge in everyone post and try to showcase himself as hero, instead of advising or helping others
    Facts don't care about your feelings. Was demon coming across a little strong? Absolutely, but that will happen after dealing with the same people for years, answering the same questions. You can't disregard his point because he was rude.
    DJMNH said:

DawsMan said:

DJMNH said:

Odachi said:

Riciton said:

Git gud.

Demon is the most toxic guy in the entire forum. 0 respect for such people who barge in everyone post and try to showcase himself as hero, instead of advising or helping others
    Facts don't care about your feelings. Was demon coming across a little strong? Absolutely, but that will happen after dealing with the same people for years, answering the same questions. You can't disregard his point because he was rude.
    I hv been playing this game for last 4 years I hvnt lost my nerves.. what if there are new people who are actually posting these questions without hving an idea about who posted what in past . This is a game zone, treat others with respect..
    They should ask for help instead of complaining about the content while asking for increased rewards. OP didn't/hasn't asked for help.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    In theorie, you don't need a heal block or AAR champion. It is sufficient to bring Blade to a sufficient low health, parry-heavy and launch right when he recovers and during the downtime of the protection (roughly 2 seconds or 4 parries required). Fast specials, with multiple connecting hits are most ideal (like Colossus SP2).

That being said, having a passive heal block/reduction or AAR champion does make the fight less complicated. How many of those are there? Not much. Archangel, Elsa Bloodstone (while bleeding), Crossbones and Mysterio come to mind.

Uncollected is intended for those who just defeated the Collector until those who completed Act 5. I expect a new UC player to be able to complete (but not fully explore) the first two chapters. The skill level of those players is the benchmark.

This Blade is in quest 3, very early in this monthly quest. I think you can argue that the Lifecycle node is not difficulty-appropriate: too much skill is required and roster is too restrictive.
    edited June 2021
    Riciton said:

Riciton said:

Git gud.
    My argument is that the rewards don't change so the difficulty shouldn't either. I enjoy a challenge but I feel like kabam are trying to find ways to make fights too difficult. There is content such as story and back issue for challenges.
    No. All the difficulties have always had a range in terms of level of difficulty. It's been this way ever since MEQ's have been a thing. We see it all the time like when UC was introduced and now with Cav. You're taking on the master difficulty which means you probably aren't even in Act 6 yet. You probably don't have a very diverse roster yet.

You have to learn to ask for help. There's tons of us who have been playing this game way longer than you and have way more knowledge of how the nodes work. Post your roster and explain the troubles you are having. Just understand that the difficulty climbs the higher you go. Difficulty levels will always vary. Some are way easier and some are a little harder. That's the way these MEQ's work.

If they wanted to make that fight difficult, they'd add Limber to the fight.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,035 ★★★★★
    Blade definitely ended up being the trickiest one during completion but Void got the one shot on him.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Riciton said:

There is content such as story and back issue for challenges.

I disagree. Monthly quests are not meant to be a walk in the park. It used be harder before, with no cavalier difficulty. The question is: is the difficulty balanced for the skill and roster of the player it aims? I don't think this Blade does, the lifecycle node is too much.