**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gauntlet Terrax - No Quake or Namor, HOW?

MikeymonstesMikeymonstes Posts: 151
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I have tried numerous options:
1. Magik - not reliable at all. May be able to out pace rock field 1/10 tries but will not be able to get fight down
2. Gulk - Semi reliable. But after a while the rock field goes away and you are screwed, get him down about 10% her run
3. Omega Red - Doesn't work at all
4. Sym Supreme - Doesn't work at all
5. Doom - Still takes too much rock field damage
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• this is something im concerned with on my alt. Im going to try with yellowjacket.
  • DonrefreDonrefre Posts: 124 ★★
    I'm gonna try with Hyperion and Sp1 spam
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Obviously unitman.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    I have done it with sorcerer Supreme and 1 revive. If it helps
  • I have done it with sorcerer Supreme and 1 revive. If it helps

r3? my r5 stood no chance.
  • MikeymonstesMikeymonstes Posts: 151
    I'll give him another shot I guess. Mine is r1 6* but maybe I can manage it

I solo’d him with an R5 Ghulk. 4 hits, backdraft intercept. The energize keep the rock field up for a while, which is what you want. It eventually falls off, just bait an S1 or 2 and repeat

• Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 152
    I know the title says no namor, but i have a 6* r2
    Namor. Unfortunatly he is only sig 60, i could bring him up to 80. would he be able to do the fight, or will i die to rock shield too fast?
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

I know the title says no namor, but i have a 6* r2
    Namor. Unfortunatly he is only sig 60, i could bring him up to 80. would he be able to do the fight, or will i die to rock shield too fast?

Tbh you’d probably die pretty quickly. Healing from suicides and specials might negate that to a degree, but there’s probably a better way.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Psylocke, he starts with over a bar of power and nicely puts himself at 0
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

I have done it with sorcerer Supreme and 1 revive. If it helps

r3? my r5 stood no chance.
    Yes sir
  • Try using Hela with the Odin synergy. A 4* works fine you just need to get more furies.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

Ebony Maw worked fine.
    And I'm serious actually. Although I just did it for fun and backed out

Does he not take damage? I'm really looking for a counter and have a 6 r1 ebony. What was your strat?
  • MousiasMousias Posts: 39
    My best take so far is Gulk, but my r4 is not enough, need to r5 him. Magik doesn't work, Sym Supreme w/o MD doesn't work.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Claire? Spam Sp2?
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    @StevieManWonder didn't you do Terrax with Sym?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I did and he did that fight beautifully. Could have soloed but I slipped up at one point.
    Wicket329 said:

Psylocke, he starts with over a bar of power and nicely puts himself at 0

I don’t know Psylocke terribly well, but wouldn’t his powerful from afar node counter her power lock mechanic?
    The only way to do this fight with Psylocke is to have Mojo on the team for the additional 3 seconds on her sp2 power lock and just cycle that, but I tried it with my 6r3 and I could not survive long enough to make it to a sp2.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

I did and he did that fight beautifully. Could have soloed but I slipped up at one point.
    Video?
    Kill_Grey said:

Video?
    I wasn't recording when I did it, soz. Basically what you want to do though, is get to an sp3 and hold it until he throws a special attack so he gets those indestructible charges and the power gain buffs, then throw your sp3 to nullify them. That should bring you to an sp2 when it ends if you have 4/5 MD and then you just spam sp2s and repeat. With all the armor breaks you get, the damage gets nutty. I had the last hit of the sp2 crit for 82K to finish him off.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Video?
    I wasn't recording when I did it, soz. Basically what you want to do though, is get to an sp3 and hold it until he throws a special attack so he gets those indestructible charges and the power gain buffs, then throw your sp3 to nullify them. That should bring you to an sp2 when it ends if you have 4/5 MD and then you just spam sp2s and repeat. With all the armor breaks you get, the damage gets nutty. I had the last hit of the sp2 crit for 82K to finish him off.
    I am planning to use Doom for Terrax ..will he work ?
    Rohit_316 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Video?
    I don't think so. Terrax can't be power control by #Metal champs. I didn't try to use Doom, but he might work somewhat decent because of the powerful from afar node constantly giving him power gain buffs, but with the 200% energize, you're gonna have a rough time. Also, Terrax is immune to shock debuffs and that neuters Doom a bit.
  • BlablarBlablar Posts: 25
    Just keep hiting when u got sp1 and limber u have to play agressive actually
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Video?
    I don't think so. Terrax can't be power control by #Metal champs. I didn't try to use Doom, but he might work somewhat decent because of the powerful from afar node constantly giving him power gain buffs, but with the 200% energize, you're gonna have a rough time. Also, Terrax is immune to shock debuffs and that neuters Doom a bit.
    What was your team??
  • BlablarBlablar Posts: 25

And him to just after