**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lifecycle does not belong to Uncollected EQ (at least in my opinion)

Lifecycle node requires very specific champs which are high rank and most uncollected players do not have a roaster big enough to deal with it. I read in another post to use the AA, Apocalypse, White mag but I don’t have Apocalypse (any star), White Mag I only have as a 3* and my 4* AA is not awakened.

Uncollected difficultly was always (at least from what I can remember) a difficulty which did not require a very niche champs (most niche node which I can remember is that you need to have 3 buffs to make damage).

If Lifecycle was not enough you included unblocked SP, power rotation (or however it’s called) we’re your power bar is drained) and you used Blade which can be very annoying when he decides to Regenerate instead of using a SP. Plus I probably forgot one or two more annoying nodes.

You want players to progress faster and then you add such big roadblocks at only a 3rd quest which means that a player can only explore first chapter. Seeing this node a a 3rd quest I’m honestly scared to even see which nodes you included in the remaining 3 quests.

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    LOLOLOLOL said:

Lifecycle node requires very specific champs which are high rank

Lifecycle:
    The Defender is immune to damage from debuffs and has a shield that prevents them from being knocked out. If the shield is not already disabled, knocking down the Defender disables it for 0.5 seconds. Each time the shield is disabled its downtime is increased by 0.5 seconds up to a maximum of 3.5 seconds. Every hit that would knock the Defender out while the shield is active heals 10% of their max health.

I will probably need a few revives and potions to get past this but I don't think needing specific champ is a requirement. I actually think this is skill based, no?

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You don't need white mags, Apocalypse, or any specific champ. AA works well. Domino trinity would work well. But all you need to do is knock him down a lot with heavies as you lower his health so the timer is long enough to kill him, and you need to be able to dex his SP1. Any champ will work.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Instead of complaining if show us your roster we could help. Lifecycle doesn't require specific counter.

Void also works on lifecycle node.
  • DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 180 ★★
    Lifecycle does not require specific champs lol
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★
    You can beat life cycle with any champs though... just heavy and finish him off while hes down
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Username checks out
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,080 ★★★★
    I think the main problem is people not reading the nodes and going in blind. Once you get to act 5 you should make a habit of reading nodes
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Seems you all are forgetting bout the power alternator node 🤦‍♂️
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,080 ★★★★

Seems you all are forgetting bout the power alternator node 🤦‍♂️

Use your sp1 only. Simple as that. Power shield is there to make it so that sp1s do enough damage
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

I actually agree, Life cycle was introduced in act 6, which means this EQ will be the first time some uncollected players will come across it. I don't think it's absolutely the biggest issue, but at least in act 6, life cycle is the main issue that is presented in that quest, it's the global. So it's an introduction to it, here, there's a lot of complexity on top of life cycle.

Actually, I think this node combination looks rougher on paper than it actually is in actual play. In fact, it almost seems to be a partial training wheel combination to get players familiar with these nodes.

Take the combination of Flux, Power Shield, and Lifecycle. Flux basically forces you to use heavies to remove flux charges or your damage goes to zero. Power Shield requires you to hit with specials to deal damage. So Flux and PS are priming the player to fight this fight by landing hevies to build power and then land special attacks. And that's exactly what you need to do to get past Lifecycle: getting past Lifecycle is not that much harder than getting past Flux+PS. If you can get past Flux+PS during the first 90% of the fight, you have what it takes to get past the last 10% - if you understand what you need to do.

And on top of that we have Perforate and Power Alternator. Perforate makes all specials unblockable. It is much easier to avoid Blade's SP1 than SP2, so that node tells players to bait SP1. Power Alternator switches power if the player has more than the opponent, which tells players to let their specials go quickly. So your best bet is to build to SP1 and throw it, and meanwhile bait SP1. And this has a side effect beneficial to the player: it bleeds power from Blade which reduces his ability to reduce the duration of stuns. If you do what these two nodes tell you to do, you will automatically make it easier to do what the first three nodes tell you to do above.

So: if you read the nodes and think through them, the fight is asking players to land heavies to extend Lifecycle's cooldown and keep Flux charges from building up, throw SP1 as soon as you have enough power, bait SP1 so Blade doesn't have too much power which will make it harder to stun him and make openings for heavy attacks, and when you get to the very end, you keep your power and land one heavy to deactivate lifecycle and immediately use your special attack to kill him during the cooldown.

It is a lot, but it is also all straight forward and none of it requires any player tactics that an Uncollected player wouldn't already know how to do. It is as *complex* as many Cavalier-caliber node combination, but it is not as *difficult* as many Cavalier-caliber node combinations. It actively steers players into the easy path to beat the fight.
    It's a game. Most of the guys talking here are endgamers or at the very least TB folks. We know to see the nodes well, to understand them and to grasp what is and isn't needed.
    The full breakdown of nodes that you went into isn't something that a casual UC player would go into. This isn't an exam or something where casual players who aren't at that level are going to dissect the node combination and play.
    I didn't have an issue with it, but I can definitely see newer players having it.
    If they are uncollected, they aren't new. And those are just descriptions an endgamer would give. In play, you would figure it out, without the terminology.
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    Agree.. that node combination is horrible for beginners.. kabam developers have much time to make easy endgame content for Quake & ghost but they are bothering peoples like you buy making weird node combination 😡 i remember when I faced that node in uncollected monthly quest.. i use tons of resources and that was my highest spending at that time in single fight.. that node was nightmare for me so decided to not explore that quest.. i just did the one time completion (if I remember correctly there was limber on that too)😑No tips because I can't tell something new
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    AGYAAT said:

Agree.. that node combination is horrible for beginners.. kabam developers have much time to make easy endgame content for Quake & ghost but they are bothering peoples like you buy making weird node combination 😡 i remember when I faced that node in uncollected monthly quest.. i use tons of resources and that was my highest spending at that time in single fight.. that node was nightmare for me so decided to not explore that quest.. i just did the one time completion (if I remember correctly there was limber on that too)😑No tips because I can't tell something new

Uhhh, quake can't do this fight and ghost is just as good as the next champion... If you are uncollected it shouldn't be too much trouble.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    AGYAAT said:

This is the uncollected level. It’s the second hardest. Beginners aren’t uncollected unless they bought their accounts
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    I just fought that Blade.

IMO, the lifecycle is not the main problem, it's power shield in combination with lifecycle(and also power alternator), beacuse it requires specific counters who put damaging debuffs after specials to kill him in one specials or someone who can throw back to back 2 specials while the lifecycle is down.

Human Torch with prefight
    AA
    Hyperion

Can do this fight easily.
    Please suggest some other counters...