**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who Would You R3?

MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
For starters, this isnt a poll because it is very open ended.
Second, i am not necessarily asking who I should rank up, just wondering who you would rank up.

If you had a mutant t5cc and tech t5cc which of these champs would you r3, or would you wait, and why?

A few points— Sentinel is sig 80 as is Rocket. And Namor is 110.
In this scenario Apoc, Guardian, Ghost, and Warlock are r3.(So is cable technically, but im curious how many would r3 him.)
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,475 ★★★★★
    Magneto and Warlock. Have them both awakened at rank 3 and they’re powerhouses.

Now if I had neither of those then it would probably be sunspot and Ghost
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Magneto for mutant and Warlock for tech. They are the most all-round champions who can hold on their own and are one of the top champions in their class.

Nice! Mags is who im leaning heavily towards for Mutant.
  • SH1FT3RSH1FT3R Posts: 50
    Magneto and Ghost.
    Maratox said:

Magneto and Warlock. Have them both awakened at rank 3 and they’re powerhouses.

Now if I had neither of those then it would probably be sunspot and Ghost

Cant wait to get my Mags up(hopefully).

I would personally do Ghost, then WL, then Guardian(Thats the order they went to r3 as well.)

I have a 4th catalyst that might go to HB over g99 because i dont particularly enjoy her and i have a 5/65 duped that has enough overkill/sustainability as r5.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Mags n Hulkbuster. Guilly is great, but I've come to love and appreciate Hulkbuster. Much shorter ramp up and stronger, not necessarily better, utility.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Domino to spite the forums folk

and either Sentinel or the Vision Man
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Vision and nighcrawler. Only on a beta server though.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Mags and g99. Also would be tempted to take up havok.

The random heavy misses on HB still puts me off taking him up. There's something about the rng that I can't get behind (probably my Domino hate bleeding over)
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t rank 3 any of the rest of your tech champions. Maybe g2099 if you like her. I’d rank 3 gambit, magneto, and omega red if he’s at high sig.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    First of all, who sorts their champions lowest to highest?

Second, I think you’ll get a lot of similar comments. So I want to throw a couple different answers in there.

I took up Psylocke to r3 yesterday, I think she’s got so many cool things she can do, one of the true underrated champs of MCOC. That enervate is awesome, as a horse(wo)man she gets insane crit rate, special damage, and psi charge detonations. Takes RoL fights down in 80-90 hits, which is pretty great for a champ who’s not considered the best. Give her a try, she might be for you.

The second is IMIW, he is a utility king, he’s so good for so many different situations if you don’t mind a little bit of a longer fight. He’s the perfect “take it slow, it’s under control” champ. I know that play style isn’t for everyone, but if it is for you, look forward to parrying, one medium, then repeat while the opponent ticks down with 4K per tick plasmas. Mix master is no issue, he’s an evade counter. Opponent never reaches 1 bar after your sp3, let alone full. He’s not a classic power control champ, but if you can get an sp3 off, he’s your guy. His block proficiency is off the charts, and energy attacks always come in handy.

I took him to r3 last month and use him in war all the time, plus I used him in the gauntlet yesterday and he held his own. Took 75% off the Korg fight, which is causing a lot of people a lot of trouble.

Just a couple of high utility, medium damage champs to think about, that really benefit from the damage bump of r3.
  • YoungDaq.YoungDaq. Posts: 43
    Sunspot and Ghost
  • Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    Red mags and ghost
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Emma and G99.

It’s not even particularly close.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I have Apoc at r3. Mags is next. Then Cable. Both at r2 now.

I was got my mutant r3s out of there. And tried to get tech r3s our.

I was got my mutant r3s out of there. And tried to get tech r3s out.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Obvious answers are mags and warlock. Fun answers are gambit and hulk busters imo. I always rank up a champ based on how much i enjoy them nowadays
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Havok and docto. No questions asked
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    Omega because he's awakened. If you run suicides even better, you have a maxed
    5* Guillotine 2099
    R3 Ghost
    R3 Warlock
    all suicide friendly
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    HB and namor/sunspot
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    I’ll be the only one to say p2099! Just took mine to r5 and WOW! This buff flew totally under the radar. He is a beast!
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    Havok for mutant and warlock for tech. Mags can finish most fights with sp3 even in rank 2
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 488 ★★★
    Magneto for mutant. Warlock or ghost in tech. All that Warlock needs is damage and R3ing him would make him going towards fixing him more. Or Ghost cuz it'll make fights with her even shorter
  • AlienShoesAlienShoes Posts: 40
    Sunspot and Magneto are your best bets for mutants, although, I have yet to find a metal champion my 6/2 magneto can't 1 shot, so I don't know if he really needs r3. Hulkbuster, Sentinel, and Guillotine 2099 are all great options as well, but overall, I think Sunspot should serve you best.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Mags :- with r3 his sp3 becomes more deadlier also in 7.2 6 star a have edge and with those hp pools R3 mags is very fine choice

G2099:- I always loved her. Her kit is amazing. With new endgame contents coming and with those vraag hp pools she's perfect for it. At r3 her damage will be nuts.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    You will hate me but

Sentinel and Domino

For the simple reason that I have played them very much, so I know what I can afford to do and what I can't. They aren't the obvious best, but for a casual player like me it is easiest choice. I know I can do more work with Sentinel than I would do with Ghost, because of slipups
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    Either mags or sunspot for me and rocket (yes) or Hulkbuster for tech
  • Jr_StarkJr_Stark Posts: 182 ★★
    Magneto and Ghost for me.
    I would consider Omega if he is at least Sig 100.