**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grandmaster’s Gauntlet Team Composition Discussion

Comments

• Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96

Thoye3 said:

I am thinking of going with AA, Magneto, Apoc, Cable, and Sorcerer Supreme. My big question here is would Apoc work for all the evade champs once he has been evaded 10 times (Korg, Spider Ham, Spider Gwen, etc.)? Also is Sorcerer a good option for both Terrax and Apoc?

I thought my sorceror would be a good option for terrax, but no. She died fast as an r3.

I’ve been practicing a bit, changing up teams. Magneto easily takes doom, namor for terrax, magneto for vision, apocalypse for modok.

I also thought about committing to ramping up aegon. Once ramped up he could take most fights.

I have been looking at Aegon ramp up as well. I dont have Namor, but I could take one up to R5 and around sig 130. I have a 6* R1 Glad Hulk which I think should work for Terrax when boosted though. If I ramp up Aegon on Vision he can probably take almost everyone. Maybe I'll go with 5* R5 Aegon, 5* R5 AA, 5* R5 Magneto, 6* R1 GHulk, and then maybe 6* R2 Doom? The 5th spot could be really anyone with the other 4 (maybe 6* R2 Apoc or 5* R5 Falcon).
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Thoye3 said:

Thoye3 said:

I am thinking of going with AA, Magneto, Apoc, Cable, and Sorcerer Supreme. My big question here is would Apoc work for all the evade champs once he has been evaded 10 times (Korg, Spider Ham, Spider Gwen, etc.)? Also is Sorcerer a good option for both Terrax and Apoc?

I thought my sorceror would be a good option for terrax, but no. She died fast as an r3.

I’ve been practicing a bit, changing up teams. Magneto easily takes doom, namor for terrax, magneto for vision, apocalypse for modok.

I also thought about committing to ramping up aegon. Once ramped up he could take most fights.

I have been looking at Aegon ramp up as well. I dont have Namor, but I could take one up to R5 and around sig 130. I have a 6* R1 Glad Hulk which I think should work for Terrax when boosted though. If I ramp up Aegon on Vision he can probably take almost everyone. Maybe I'll go with 5* R5 Aegon, 5* R5 AA, 5* R5 Magneto, 6* R1 GHulk, and then maybe 6* R2 Doom? The 5th spot could be really anyone with the other 4 (maybe 6* R2 Apoc or 5* R5 Falcon).
    i would use ghulk , you need namor at sig 200.
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Thoye3 said:

Thoye3 said:

I have been practicing ramping aegon on doom as well. I don’t plan to revive him on doom but he can bank maybe 150 combo which should help a lot.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Using KT1’s template, I came up with a team using all mutants. Do you think this is a good idea? I can’t quake or ghost and just an average player.

• AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    Believe me this the worst content that I ever saw in mcoc, let it be fair and put true strike on every champ because you said there will be no perfect counter for the gauntlet but they give unfair advantage to all the QUAKERS!
    I strongly believe they made that content for quake because those developers aren't that dumb that they can't restricted 1-2 overpower champs..
    When kabam mike came up with 5 defender mini map, same day i told the community that the gauntlet quest is made for big rosters (each & every champ at r5 minimum) or QUAKERS...
    I haven't seen any matchups till 7.2 where quake is too much better for any fight as compare to other champs..

If you disagree than give a valid reason (other than you just hate Quake) for why we want to see some more content like this were QUAKERS will get the unfair advantage!
    WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM TO PUT TRUE STRIKE ON EACH NODE IN GAUNTLET..
    SO NO ONE CAN CHEESE AND YOU CAN SEE WHO HAS SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF RPG..
    I'm not saying that the content is a cash grab or i don't want to see these type of content in future... I just want the equality

Now for anyone who wants to finalize the team this will help you..(no quake or ghost)

1) professor x, apocalypse or maybe falcon for korg & evaders..

2) AA, warlock, immortal abomination or maybe void.. for heal block

3) namor, ghulk or mystic champ with solid boost..for terrax

4) one poison immune champ...ibom, warlock & ghulk are useful for some more fights and if you already picked one of them (best if you can) form above points then bring anything that bring magneto/HT

5) corvous or something like that for some brute forcing (you will need that on mojo if you died 2-3 times).. basically it's should be your choice check if I forget a major counter for someone 🤔
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 501 ★★★
    How would this team work out. I am a Quaker and love ghost and run suicides.

R5 Quake, r3 ghost, r5 wasp, r3 apoc , r2 cable

Or

Quake, apoc, cable, r5 aegon, r3 cgr

Can I quake terrax and would I need to remove suicides for void fight?

I have all the god tiers at r5 or r2 so feel free to sub whoever. Falcon, doom, Clair, colossus, profx etc.
    I just finished!

Aegon was mvp. 2nd was archangel. Barely used namor, apocalypse, or warlock.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,441 ★★★★
    Who should I put as the 5th slot along with quake red mags namor and torch?
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★

I just finished!

Who did u used against mojo? And with whom did you raised aegon combo meter?
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Gonna farm 40 potions a day ... attempting it on 17th May.

Using full ghost synergies for potion farming .. takes 1.5 min for 1 fight ..it takes 6 minutes for energy reset ..so 4 potions in 6 minutes .

With that calculation we have 60 mins ...so 40 potions in 1 hour.

1 hour a day for potion farming sounds good.
    edited June 2021
    Bpn88855 said:

I just finished!

Archangel. The supposed problem fights of mojo and Sasquatch were easy archangel fights.

To ramp aegon, I fought doom once (around 100 banked), then vision. But wolverine is really all that’s needed. I got aegon to 999 there because wolverine’s regen is so crazy. Then I killed him with apocalypse to get charges, but archangel could have easily done it.

And once aegon was at 999, most of the rest of the fights were so simple. It felt so much easier than abyss it was ridiculous.

Bpn88855 said:

I just finished!

Archangel. The supposed problem fights of mojo and Sasquatch were easy archangel fights.

To ramp aegon, I fought doom once (around 100 banked), then vision. But wolverine is really all that’s needed. I got aegon to 999 there because wolverine’s regen is so crazy. Then I killed him with apocalypse to get charges, but archangel could have easily done it.

And once aegon was at 999, most of the rest of the fights were so simple. It felt so much easier than abyss it was ridiculous.
    Nice!! Many thanks for reply. Will go that way. And korg who did u used?
    edited June 2021
    Bpn88855 said:

Bpn88855 said:

I just finished!

Aegon. Korg was a straightforward aegon fight.

Once aegon was ramped up, there weren’t many difficult fights. It was archangel for a few specific problems, otherwise aegon. Void was annoying at first but I got that hang of it eventually and aegon did fine.

Bpn88855 said:

Bpn88855 said:

I just finished!

Aegon. Korg was a straightforward aegon fight.
    Awesome! was afraid of him.
  • SquammoSquammo Posts: 397 ★★★

Bpn88855 said:

I just finished!

Wasn’t going to use Ægon at first and was going to use Ghost, but your post might have just changed my mind.
    2 Questions if you don’t mind...did you use him for Ham also, and how is the weapon x fight? I don’t really know much about him, even though I have thought him here and there apart from him going unblockable and unstoppable, so that might make things a bit tricky?
    Thanks

Squammo said:

Bpn88855 said:

I just finished!

Wasn’t going to use Ægon at first and was going to use Ghost, but your post might have just changed my mind.
    2 Questions if you don’t mind...did you use him for Ham also, and how is the weapon x fight? I don’t really know much about him, even though I have thought him here and there apart from him going unblockable and unstoppable, so that might make things a bit tricky?
    Thanks

I did use him for Ham, who wasn’t bad. As long as you have true strike by then it’s fine.

I too knew nothing about weapon x. I learned how he works in this fight. It wasn’t bad once I got the hang of it. He was unblockable most of the fight but he cooperates on backdraft intercepts and is easy to punish after specials. At the beginning after his first special he goes unstoppable usually, then you have to intercept and start fighting normally again. Eventually he will have a gray timer that resets his whole cycle and he will go unstoppable after a special once that timer runs out. I quit out a couple of times to be safe but got aegon ramped up at weapon x.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

How would this team work out. I am a Quaker and love ghost and run suicides.

R5 Quake, r3 ghost, r5 wasp, r3 apoc , r2 cable

Or

Quake, apoc, cable, r5 aegon, r3 cgr

Can I quake terrax and would I need to remove suicides for void fight?

I have all the god tiers at r5 or r2 so feel free to sub whoever. Falcon, doom, Clair, colossus, profx etc.

The problem with quake against terrax is he has powerful from afar. IDK if quakes concussion will stop that but if she doesn't, he just going to keep gaining power and throwing specials. Doable with some revives but better to use namor and ghulk. Terrax is ultra aggressive in rock phase so four hit combo backdraft is reliable.

For the void fight, just throw on a power booster for ghost and go. Don't take suicides off. Get to that special two quick as possible then let it rip. Maybe use a 150% cuz it might be too much power. Cycle sp2s and he's dead.
  • SquammoSquammo Posts: 397 ★★★

Squammo said:

Bpn88855 said:

I just finished!

2 Questions if you don’t mind...did you use him for Ham also, and how is the weapon x fight? I don’t really know much about him, even

I did use him for Ham, who wasn’t bad. As long as you have true strike by then it’s fine.

I too knew nothing about weapon x. I learned how he works in this fight. It wasn’t bad once I got the hang of it. He was unblockable most of the fight but he cooperates on backdraft intercepts and is easy to punish after specials. At the beginning after his first special he goes unstoppable usually, then you have to intercept and start fighting normally again. Eventually he will have a gray timer that resets his whole cycle and he will go unstoppable after a special once that timer runs out. I quit out a couple of times to be safe but got aegon ramped up at weapon x.
    Thanks, much appreciated.

• altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★

Your Archangel is duped correct?
    I have a 6-star unduped and 5-star duped AA I could bring.
    altavista said:

Your Archangel is duped correct?
    I have a 6-star unduped and 5-star duped AA I could bring.
    Yes. He must be duped.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I wanna throw out that Doc Ock is actually an easy solo on Terrax and Vision. After Terrax's first rock field ends, power lock him the rest of the fight and it's no joke, that simple. Yes I thought as Ock is metal he wouldn't work but I said why not just test it and yup, 100% power lock. You can even parry Terrax to death as Ock's block is extremly high with an armor up.

I haven't gotten to lane two yet as I'm testing but I imagine Ock would be useful for Dragon Man also.

IF kabam had fixed his life steal then he would have worked beautifully for Weapon X and Sasquatch. Sasquatch in particular would have been super easy because the regen would have kept Ock at 100% for the entire last 30%. I can't remember the BPCW nodes to well but again, if the life steal was working then it's free healing and no evade as he would be power locked in the corner.
  • Pedrof6Pedrof6 Posts: 179 ★★
    Did anyone used Immortal Abomination for Sasquatch? That works, right?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

Using KT1’s template, I came up with a team using all mutants. Do you think this is a good idea? I can’t quake or ghost and just an average player.

What does the color coding indicate?
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★

zuffy said:

Difficulty of opponent. Red is the roadblocks. Meaning if you don’t have a counter for them you could get stuck and have to back out. I believe Orange were the tough fights. Yellow were mildly annoying and green were pretty straight forward. This is all according to KT1 though so you might have a different experience if you bring in different champs
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I feel bad for anybody who got stuck. It was a little harder than the Youtubers made it look but luckily I can quake and I should've used her a lot more than I did to save revives but I had no stash and it was about 3.5 units total. It was well worth the wait for real end game content and I'm looking forward to more like this in the future.
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    Pedrof6 said:

Did anyone used Immortal Abomination for Sasquatch? That works, right?

I had the same question; have him as a 6* r3.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Doing it with this team on my alt.

Ghost with Hood bypasses Minor Aspect of Death, tried and tested.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Very useful guide, I reccomend you check it out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtDstWVss1M&t=841s
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★

zuffy said:

This is from KT1. I think red and orange are difficult fights that you must have counters for, otherwise you would be stuck. Yellow would be harder fights and green are the easier ones?

Anyway, I swap out Magneto and replaced with Aegon after seeing posts and videos of how well Aegon perform in the GM Gauntlet.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    R3 Apoc
    R5 Red Mags
    R5 AA
    R5 Namor
    R5 Aegon

Doable? Potential problem spots?

Dr. Zola