**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

June 10th Arena Changes: Are You...

DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Are you happy?

I'm honestly just happy that Kabam listened to feedback and changed things up. I'm not an avid arena grinder with lots of knowledge and statistics but was hoping some of you guys could share.

Personally, I think they are positive and am happy. I liked these new arenas from the start, the milestones were the main issue for me.

Comments

• Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    You gotta look big picture. People are happy to see point increase to smaller rated champs and lower milestone on basic. But in the long run this isn't really a good change. Its more or less Kabam chasing their own tail. The basic arena is going to be absolutely terrible, especially in about a year or so. R4 6* champs will make that arena nearly impossible for any midtier player to attempt. And the devalue of the 6* in that same arena makes it so that endgame players shouldn't even waste the time with their 6* champs.

In all honesty I'm kinda disappointed because there was alot of solid feedback and ideas in the original thread and these changes are not what I was seeing anybody saying.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★

You gotta look big picture. People are happy to see point increase to smaller rated champs and lower milestone on basic. But in the long run this isn't really a good change. Its more or less Kabam chasing their own tail. The basic arena is going to be absolutely terrible, especially in about a year or so. R4 6* champs will make that arena nearly impossible for any midtier player to attempt. And the devalue of the 6* in that same arena makes it so that endgame players shouldn't even waste the time with their 6* champs.

In all honesty I'm kinda disappointed because there was alot of solid feedback and ideas in the original thread and these changes are not what I was seeing anybody saying.

I disagree. I think the decrease in 6* points makes it much better for people with big 5* roster and small 6* rosters to hit milestones and top ranks. The people at the top are always going to be the whales and endgamers but this allows people with a small roster to hit lots more milestones, giving them battle chips and units. Once 6* rank 4 is added, it won't change anything because six stars will only get a few more points. I think it gives mid tier players validity and an arena grinding option.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    DawsMan said:

I disagree. I think the decrease in 6* points makes it much better for people with big 5* roster and small 6* rosters to hit milestones and top ranks. The people at the top are always going to be the whales and endgamers but this allows people with a small roster to hit lots more milestones, giving them battle chips and units. Once 6* rank 4 is added, it won't change anything because six stars will only get a few more points. I think it gives mid tier players validity and an arena grinding option.
    Wow... You just could not be more wrong or thinking small picture
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

Wow... You just could not be more wrong or thinking small picture
    Well explain your point better because what I hear you saying is that 6* r4 champions will benefit whales in the basic arena. Six star champions don't get more points than five stars in the basic.

Then you go on to create a discrepancy, saying that endgamers shouldn't even bother using six stars. What I hear you saying is mid tier players are going to be screwed by endgamers getting 6* r4 and at the same time those endgamers are suffering because they are better off using their large five star rosters.

My point is that people like me (145 5*, 27 6*) will be able to get more points through milestones due to the decrease. In terms of grinding for a champion I can now boost, use a few units, and probably hit the top 500 because I am at no disadvantage point wise. I added in that endgamers are the ones hitting the top brackets all the time because they have units to spend and a ton of champions.

So what's wrong.