**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Arena Structure Feedback v2.0

Comments

• Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★
    i can understand why people are bummed out about losing units in the top arena. kinda sucks that you can only either go for a champ or get units or spend way more time than before to get both. but tbf, kabam don't seem to want to change the amount of units offered so they just moved it to another arena. initially it won't be good since we now have to rank up 4* for easier grind but after some time it will be easier to grind those units with more upgraded 4*.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

What a surprise. A giant middle finger to top end players to cater to a bunch of loud low to mid level players. At least they're being consistent with it these days

Could not agree more.. what a disgrace... why are my 6* and 5* now useless in arena.

And it I read right the top arena have had units removed... just cause I have a massive account does not mean I pay to play and want to waste time grinding 4* champs
    Units are right there in the lower arena. So if you want them do it. It's not out of your reach you just don't want to do it.
    You struggle to understand.. units are secondary to me.. I grind for shards and champions. The units and Gm shards are a nice bonus

However, why should I (and many others) now lose out cause a load of people moaned they wanted something for free.
    Depending on how you look at it, it is not FREE thou is it? You still need to play for it and invest time. pretty much every player will be able to get half the total units that can be earned now. Just like in the old system. And players that just went for shards before still have a bonus in a pretty decent increase in shards.
  • LOSS_MANLOSS_MAN Posts: 18
    Thank you very much for evaluating and addressing this major issue. I look forward to seeing how these changes feel when compared to pre-Shang Chi area.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Milestones are more reasonable for mid level players so it's a great change for players overall, but end-gamers could be getting the shaft if their rounds go up.

How do rounds go up? Honestly just asking. Since the points for the 6* Basic affect everyone, the cutoffs will change accordingly.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Why devalue the 6* champs in basic arena, and not turn it to a 4-5* champs only? The only logical explanation about this in my mind, is to prevent players to actually grind both basic and featured arenas, if you use your 6* champs in featured, you can't use them in basic and vice versa. So if you have a decent amount of 5* r4 and r5 but not too many 6-stars, you will need the 5stars for featured to get a decent rank for some 5 of 6* shards. And that means, you can't play the basic.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Why devalue the 6* champs in basic arena, and not turn it to a 4-5* champs only? The only logical explanation about this in my mind, is to prevent players to actually grind both basic and featured arenas, if you use your 6* champs in featured, you can't use them in basic and vice versa. So if you have a decent amount of 5* r4 and r5 but not too many 6-stars, you will need the 5stars for featured to get a decent rank for some 5 of 6* shards. And that means, you can't play the basic.

To keep the points reasonably competitive while at the same time evening the playing field, I assume.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Monk1 said:

What a surprise. A giant middle finger to top end players to cater to a bunch of loud low to mid level players. At least they're being consistent with it these days

Could not agree more.. what a disgrace... why are my 6* and 5* now useless in arena.

And it I read right the top arena have had units removed... just cause I have a massive account does not mean I pay to play and want to waste time grinding 4* champs
    Units are right there in the lower arena. So if you want them do it. It's not out of your reach you just don't want to do it.
    We used to reach them but now we will need more time to do it, that s the problem.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 712 ★★★★
    I can get all milestones in the 6* arenas in one day with this change. 2 runs with each of my 6* and 5*
    Currently it takes me all 3 days. And 5* have no use.
    This change brings back value to my 5* (167 of them).
    If i run my 4* twice i can get 130 units from that too. 400 units in one day, then can chill for 2 days.
    And with the 6* points reduction in 6* basic the cutoff score will drop, but the same number of rounds will be needed to get top100. And if you need to refresh with units, just refresh the 5*: same points, half the cost.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

People will have more of a chance to access 6*s when they have more need. That's not a bad thing. Unless you think the Featured AND the Basic should only go to people will 80-100+ 6*s.
    Well that's just nonsense. If I wanted a basic champ I still have my 150+ 6*s I can use. It just makes zero sense to ever use them outside of going for a champ. All it does it makes it far more annoying to do so as I'll have to do twice as many rounds as before. This doesn't even the playing field it just annoys anyone that used 6*s to go for a basic champ.
    Why wouldn't you want to use them? They still score more points per round on average, which means they score more points per hour of your time.
    Bc it's pointless to use them unless going for a champ specifically bc they get the same points with twice the cooldown. They'd be much better spent in the featured arena towards those milestones. I personally couldn't care less about the milestones or where they are.

I just know that to put up 60-70+M in the basic arena I'll now need to do twice as many rounds than I do with the current system.
    Yes, but the question is do you now have to put that many points in? The 6* scoring advantage has been significantly reduced, but that is true for everyone using 6* champs in the basic. Won't cutoff targets go down as a result? I'm assuming that most of the people in the top 500, even in the Basic arena, were using a lot of 6* champs to earn that score. Are all of them going to continue to target the same point targets even though their own scoring power and that of their competitors has dropped? I suppose it is possible, because scoring is driven by psychology, but that seems unlikely to me.
    Not for anyone actually worth getting they won't. People will just do more rounds and refresh more to put up higher scores.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Monk1 said:

How were you getting units before the arenas were updated? In the original arenas you could only use 6* champs in the featured 5* arena, which contained 135 units. You could only use 5* champs in the 4* featured and 5* featured, and the 4* featured also contained 135 units. All of the other units were in arenas you could only use 4*, 3*, or 2* champs in.
    Was getting them from feature arena and basic... henace under new changes I got more for doing the same arena.

I have endless 4* but just don’t want to run them in arena as the end rewards don’t equal shards.

I still need to do 25m for my shards and maybe 15m in basic for the 2k 6*... that’s end goal. Yet now doing the same nets less units.

But it’s ok as people with big accounts are not allowed to moan. As everyone assume just spend spend spend
  • LOSS_MANLOSS_MAN Posts: 18
    @Kabam Miike With the milestones right-sized, would you guys please consider giving us all another crack at Mister Negative in the near future? For those that like to have their rosters collection filled out, it would be good to have an opportunity to get 3* Mister Negative at the new 2M point level vs the out-of-reach 6.25M level that he was at last week. Thank you for your consideration.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    KerayZ said:

As a consistent ARENA GRINDER for the last 4 years I am going to provide my feedback. I am looking forward to these changes. I'm not sure why everyone is so upset about their precious 6* 150 champ whale rosters not being able to DOMINATE both arenas. FTP and Casual spenders deserve somewhere they can compete for champions. Now my roster CAN do this against a full blown whale due to this change. Seems some folks are pretending that the milestones DO NOT end at 4 million now. You don't need your 6* in this arena UNLESS you are grinding for a champion. So take your 6* to the Featured arena.

I still think the cutoffs for both Arenas should have been lowered though since its just a cheater fest in the top 100.

Are these changes perfect? No. Are they better than the current trash system you gave us. Yes. Possibly. Gotta see where the ranks land based off the grind data over a couple weeks.

I'm concerned about your higher milestone in the trials for my gf's UNCOLLECTED account. I'm also concerned that you demand too high of a cutoff for a 4* basic champion. If you were to lower that cutoff to 1.75 million I think it would be a great change to help the newer players out. They are 4*'s Kabam there is no reason to squeeze more of our lives out for them.

Other then that I look forward to the changes and to see how it effects the game an grind. Literally anything would be better. The current system is just whaley whale boys dominating both arena's as they see fit. Folks acting like the whales didn't dominate the basic last week are just not actual grinders and talking out their blow holes. The basic arena needed some kind of balance and I dont think a lower cutoff would ever fix that. Whales CANT just have it all.

You're absolutely right. This completely levels the playing field. People won't just spend more units on refreshes to put up higher scores for anyone worth having....
  • rabbitt88rabbitt88 Posts: 20
    Dear Mike,

since the game has changes to arena there should be changes to T1 Alpha, T4 basic, T4 class. we should have a t5 basic arena and also a t2 alpha arena. or add another milestone to those current arenas.
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    Give collected players back the access to compete for specific champions in basic 4 star arena. Stop treating people who don't like playing story like second class citizens and taking things away.