**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino vs Emma vs Havok

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I’m a suicide user, I’ve recently duped all 3 of these. I’m mainly looking for utility at this point. I’m particularly struggling between Emma and Havok. Any thoughts on who is the most valuable rank up?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I like Domino, as much as she's got that element of RnG, she can be great on her day.
    Her crit failure can be useful and the flaming trinity is great - parry, heavy cheese.
    We all have champs we like, that aren't everyone's choice 😜
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    I would say Emma too.
    Her list of immunities should be enough to quench your thirst for utility.
    Havok surely has his points, but Emma has a lot more.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Pew pew
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I would choose Emma personally, I have a rank 3 6* and love her. She’s extremely versatile and offers a great deal of utility. If you want more info for her, here’s a guide I wrote some time ago, you’ll be able to clear a wide variety of content with Emma as her utility covers a lot of ground:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/jmd1su/an_in_depth_guide_to_emma_frost_the_mutant/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Thanks, interesting replies. I was leaning towards Emma, and this has helped convince me.

As a suicide user, I’m concerned at the way Kabam has started spamming heal block nodes everywhere. Moving forward, I think champs that can throw off the debuffs at the start of the fight are going to become more and more important.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    Talking of suicide friendly its emma but talking of crazy damage and Utility its havok
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Havok for sure
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Emma
  • mattressmattress Posts: 404 ★★
    Emma.tons of utility, decent damage and imo one of the funnest champs to play in-game
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Havok
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Welp, I took up Emma earlier today, then I just bought the 1-2 gem deal and took up Havok as well. Problem solved!

My roster is getting very mutant heavy...
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    i would say domino but with suicides Havok would benefit more tbh but also even domino with sucides can end 300K healthpool fights before the oponent gets to l2 and if rng is on your side even before they get to a L1
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    On the issue of suicide friendliness , well Emma is the better choice of the three.

However, she hardy qualifies as a TRUE suicide friendly champ ( like BWCV or OR, for example) because her gameplay does involve you needing to spam sp1. Sure , starting in Diamond form will remove the poison and bleed but it's the recoil damage what would kill you eventually. Yes you could avoid spamming sp1 and throw sp3s instead, but if you do so you'll be losing a big chunk of her utility because it would mean that during most of the fight you'll likely be out of diamond form so you'll lose her tankiness... and you'll lose on damage too because it's kinda tricky to keep her prowesses up all the way to the point when you can throw sp3. So there's that.

My point is that sure, rank Emma, she's great. But don't do so expecting her to be really suicide friendly ....