**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Life cycle on blade in eq

I find it utterly ridiculous that an eq boss has lifecycle on him when not everyone in the game is equipped for those types of nodes yet. I acknowledge the challenge but have spent over 100 units just to beat him once. Without aa its almost impossible and there's no fun in impossible content but I forget if your not thronebreaker with 100 6*s no one cares.

Comments

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    He is pretty hard at first I agree.

Until I figured you need a high SP1 champ.

You can't go to SP2 often so fire your SP1 as often as possible.

Wasp was a very good (non AA) counter.

Crits on Sp1 do a ton of damage.
    Combo into heavy does work great to get a lot of knock downs.

Also YOUR SP1 is unblockable as well.
    So go for heavy into SP on the wall.

Ofc you need to bait his SP1 all the time which is annoying but at least I can't fully dex his SP2
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,249 ★★★★
    AA or Human Torch (pre-fight on) can easily deal with lifecycle node.. I guess its easier to use AA.. once you get bleed poison and toxin on Blade.. he just dies in the end.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Stil the node ain’t that bad parry spam sp1 and bait he sp1 pretty danm esay
  • Mikailin626Mikailin626 Posts: 30
    I remember the first UC had a painful Modok as the final boss and i didnt have the champions to beat him as there were very few autoblock counters at the time outside of AA, if the content seems too hard/ do not have the counters you could always choose to skip it this month instead of throwing units and resources at it
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

I find it utterly ridiculous that an eq boss has lifecycle on him when not everyone in the game is equipped for those types of nodes yet. I acknowledge the challenge but have spent over 100 units just to beat him once. Without aa its almost impossible and there's no fun in impossible content but I forget if your not thronebreaker with 100 6*s no one cares.

Wait what? You've never knocked a defender down over and over again?
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Don’t need AA, I soloed it with Ghost.

https://youtu.be/nyANneXN-lk
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Using champs that have passive damage can help get past that last knockdown in the lifecycle with just heavies. Not meant to be a full list but a few options are:
    1. 1. AA - Nueros stop the region AND Nuero damage counts
    2. 2. Human Torch - Flame On Novas will do damage and block the regen
    3. 3. Warlock - awakened can block the heal and passive degen will kill him on knockdown
    4. 4. Void - his IP buffs still do damage as the technically are DOTs and can also block the heal and kill on knockdown
    5. 5. Mr. Fantastic - full F4 team - acts like Void
    6. 6. AirWalker - Convert 10 dark tides into a passive
    7. 7. Mojo - degens are passives and will deal damage
    8. 8. Stryfe - passive shocks on L1
    9. 9. Maw - L2 passive degens but not ideal to get to L2 easily
    I used AA, Warlock and Void on a few runs along with a few 'traditional' options just trying to knockdown and get L1 off in time after heavy knockdown.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I used Apocalypse. His sp1 was more than enough.
  • Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207

Learn to play bruh.
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    I have completed the cav EQ chapter 2100%,
    So here what I feel,
    It's not that hard once you got into the rhythm of managing power meter.
    Any champion can work just keep doing parry heavy then sp1(for safety)
    Don't let blade to go above sp2, if he is near to his sp2, try hitting his block he will heal some amount but power will go down.

Tip- choose champions who has good damage in sp1, so that you can finish him at his last health.
    Don't try to go Toul your sp2,use sp1 immediately.
    Just do heavy in his last 3-4% health and then do sp1.

Hulkbuster, AA, Collosus, all can work.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★

Wait what
    I did with a 4 star champ solo for fun. You need to read nodes. 6 stars aren't necessary to do it
  • Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    my roster for that chapter on cav. wasn't always able to solo blade, but took him down without items

warlock
    g2099
    colossus
    aa
    omega red

I normally start boss fight with colossus. OR is just for synergy to increase damage based on armor. parry heavy. when sp1 is available launch it. If i don't solo with colossus g2099 finishes the job. same style. parry heavy sp1 rotation.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    AA does the trick.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    It's bad for UC, fine for Cav. That node combination is a bit much for UC, powercreep or no.
  • HagureMeijinHagureMeijin Posts: 89
    A lot of the complaining is because of many players being too dependent on top tier champs who can get through everything. I did this fight with my X23 (WM and PX along; the synergies dont help much other than the passive stun and increased special damage, both of which arent necessary).

I think it is important to learn how to use all kinds of champs on generalised nodes such as these, where you dont need a specific champion (sure is easier with one). Yes it restricts many champs dependent on power but it also gives many others a chance to do it. Definitely a node that helps build your skills imo.
  • There are many counters to this besides AA. I explored it with G99 each time.
  • Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    not everyone is equipped to parry heavy?.... ma'am this is a Wendy's
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I don’t see what the problem really is? Parry to inflict a heavy to increase the lifecycle recovery timer to the maximum while your special attacks are unblockable. Keep baiting Blade’s sp1 and his sp1 isn’t really that difficult to dexterity as you need to pay more attention where the shuriken Blade is about to get closer to you then you dexterity. Also have to remember that the more power bar Blade has then the more debuff duration decrease he increase till parry duration get over too fast so make sure to keep parry - heavy - repeat to sp1 - bait - parry - heavy - use your sp1 and repeat