**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This month’s cav EQ node design is absolutely terrible

DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
It’s like the Act 6 design team created the nodes. They’re not fun, instead they’re punishing even for the particular class-based champions. For example, Hulkbuster was MVP for the tech quest and BWCV for the mystic quest, but there weren’t really a lot of other great options. These nodes were supposed to benefit the champions of that particular class, but instead they only benefit a couple. Tech quest only had 3-4 viable tech options out of, what, 30 tech champions?

The worst is the science quest. Even with CapIW and Doom (for power control), it was a lot tougher than what it should really be. I didn’t use any revives, but that’s really not the point. Cavalier difficulty increase is fine by me, but it should also be fun, rewarding, and/or sensible in design, with more than just a couple viable options to use. Science quest I had to slog my way through, praying the defender would be aggressive and throw their specials before reaching three bars of power, which, with science champs and Mr. Fantastic’s synergy and pre-fight, did diddly squat to reduce power gain.

Last month, the EQ bosses were pretty tough, especially without white mags pre-fight. This month, besides Blade, the bosses were relatively easy, but the regular fights were garbage because of the global nodes. Doable, but painful.

Kabam, we want more 7.2 node interactions and less... whatever this is. Yes, some endgame players want cavalier difficulty to be more difficult, but this is not what they asked for. What they asked for is that they want challenging content again, not BS nodes that make regular fights more difficult than what they should be.

Comments

• JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I used CAIW and Mr. Fantastic for science quest, this was easy maybe the hardest was sasquatch. For me may monthly was hardest than other cavalier events, that mutant quest was the worst event I have played.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    I think they should go back to how uncollected was when it first released. Every path was different.
  • HilldarHilldar Posts: 191 ★★
    Interesting views. I thought last months was brutal, first one I didn’t 100% in a long time. I though this month was very easy, finished it with no items used. I’m shocked to hear all the uproar on the nodes, I sure didn’t see it.
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Mr fantastic cheesed the science quest for me.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    This is the third time we've been through this. They'll be changed, they always are.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I actually like that they change the buffs and make us think.

A cool addition would be a choice node before the boss, like in act 7. Or if the boss had the same node as the paths.
  • dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 162
    I had to skip over the science one as I explored every other map. The science one almost unbearable due to the node configurations. The petrify you place does almost nothing to the power gain so you are basically playing a variant style energize node almost.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Hilldar said:

Interesting views. I thought last months was brutal, first one I didn’t 100% in a long time. I though this month was very easy, finished it with no items used. I’m shocked to hear all the uproar on the nodes, I sure didn’t see it.

It's the opposite for me.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I explored cav eq the day it came.
    Difficulty have increased. Nodes are annoying but doable. For instance science path was done by rulk with 2 Mr f in team. Same went for others
    It's not hard but I agree that most of the time it only benefits very few champs of the class or else you need synergy partner which makes run stressful and non fun.
    So nodes were not terrible in themselves but were limiting the choices
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Some nodes are slower, some are the same (mystic is slow as usual). But this is usually the case as Kabam have seemingly always had to adjust the nodes the month after.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Speeds80 said:

I don’t like the mutant one, 3 seconds of unblockable just makes you play aggressive and get punished, it’s actually made the paths harder, not that it’s super difficult I didn’t need revives just don’t like the design, would agree it seems clunky. overall last months bosses were a step up, this months paths are a step up but apart from blade the bosses are easier,

With Colossus, that Unblockable lasts for an eternity ... you can get 3 comboes in easily
    Also, for anyone fortunate enough to have a version of Odin, his pre fights come in handy for extending the unblockable duration and deactivating the limber-like node, can’t remember the name on it.
  • Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★
    nodes are overly complicated