**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Animation/Game Play Jerky/ Laggy [Under Investigation]

SniktmSniktm Posts: 7
edited November 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi Kabam,

Since the update the animation and game play on the game has been really jerky and laggy. Cannot time Parry, dashing back does not flow, my champ sits there and then dashes back. Swiping forward with a medium does not connect with the usual flow. Can you please look into this?

I'm using a Lenovo P2 Android 6.0

Thank you
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Updated and choppy gameplay right now. Pretty awful. Problems with lag and game freezing have been getting worse and worse.
  • Since it updated I’ve been having real issues with block... works about 20% of the time, rest of gameplay has been fine.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    The first fight I had in aq after the update, mystic symboid finished their combo on my block, as I go for my own combo, the symboid completely ignored it and did a 5 hit combo on me.

Was doing those bounty missions, the lag and choppy gameplay was unbelievable. Evade was slower, hitting felt off and parry was off.
  • HenHen Posts: 13
    I’m having same issues with parry and block not working properly.
    Also cannot parry at start of fight, if I dash back and hold block after a second my champ stops blocking and runs toward opponent.
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Also having the same problems with lag and it can be a little frustrating in events like aq. Would be awesome to get a response. Thanks.

Using an iPad Air and iOS 11
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Yes the animation coming out of aq bg screen to the aq screen slides out twice... sometimes 3 times.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    I'm also having lag/ jerky play in AQ.
    Everything was fine before the update.

Galaxy s8+.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I really don't know they can claim to test....
  • Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 153
    one example..
    animations repeating, jerky incomplete drawings in animations.

Device OnePlus 5 128G storage, 8g ram, android 7.1.1 security patch sept 1

It was easiest to capture in transition screens, but it happens everywhere randomly

Very annoying

kmvn50jnkqod.gif

I've faced the same issue. Only my game crashes after this glitch.
    As for gameplay, it's been slightly better than before the update. Managed to land parries relatively easily now.
    https://youtu.be/UJKoOWHXFws

https://youtu.be/595ZhBsXWEo

It's slow on registering my tapping and swiping. Double evade isn't working properly, block, parry, evade(which you see me do multiple times).

(Note: this isn't how I normally play, but it is an example.)

I'm able to double evade and then get ready to evade a third time on that mystic symboid's special 1, but after the update, not only did my iceman miss his light attack, it lagged when they used their special, it didn't let me double evade like I normally would and just set me up for failure.
  • Howl3rHowl3r Posts: 1
    Same here with the lag and loss of correct timing of attacks. Also random unresponsiveness to attack or block attempts.
  • A108A108 Posts: 6
    In the new event quest, so many normal empty nodes have been blocked by the next node containing an enemy champion. We cannot tap on the empty node to move forward as the node is blocked by the PI "place card" of the enemy in the next node. It slows us down trying to tap on that empty node again and again.
  • SniktmSniktm Posts: 7
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/UJKoOWHXFws

https://youtu.be/595ZhBsXWEo

It's slow on registering my tapping and swiping. Double evade isn't working properly, block, parry, evade(which you see me do multiple times).

(Note: this isn't how I normally play, but it is an example.)

I'm able to double evade and then get ready to evade a third time on that mystic symboid's special 1, but after the update, not only did my iceman miss his light attack, it lagged when they used their special, it didn't let me double evade like I normally would and just set me up for failure.

Exactly how its happening to me!
  • SniktmSniktm Posts: 7
    Can we get an official response Kabam when you get a chance? Thank you.
    Yeah man, this is annoying.
  • Add to all that a random heavy attack when you hold block on the left side defending attack, then swipe forward from the left side. Should be a dash attack, but executes heavy, which results in a sure miss and counter - kabam, you chump is then ko, or close to it...
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51
    +1 on this. Been play for a long time and can't get over how bad the lag is at this point. Please fix it.

iPhone 6s
    iOS 11.1.2
  • SCARESCARE Posts: 149
    agreed
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. The team is looking into this at the moment, and I've messaged a few players to get more specific information about this issue from them. Thanks for bearing with us.
  • Lagging or freezing on my Driod Z Play. Also kicking me off by disconnecting me for no reason no matter which game mode or if in a fight then says problem logging back in. And sometimes when it finally let's me back in it says account already linked
  • Its around one mon
    th i dont see anymore rain or weather change in arena or event.why?? I play with ipad mini 2
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. The team is looking into this at the moment, and I've messaged a few players to get more specific information about this issue from them. Thanks for bearing with us.

What I experience most is extreme lag on certain fight stages. The Rooftop with landing quinjet, the moonbase with the dish, Ultron wasteland, ANY stage that has heavy animation going on.
    Knowhere is a predictable one. There I *know* to dash back and block as soon as those banners with Groot or Rocket or whoever fly in. It will lag the bejesus out of my device.
    I've lost fights in war because of the idiot moonbase stage with its moron dish. Arena is the best place to test the lag. Use an iPad Air2, without running anything in the background. Should give you that same 'experience'.
  • Been having all these issues for months and even though I submitted a ticket to the support team they never even sent back an auto reply. I've lost hundreds of dollars buying revives and potions because of the lag and choppy screens in AW and AQ not to mention in Master mode on monthly and special events. Primarily that the game stopped responding for a second or two and ignored my push button actions causing me to lose battles repeatedly. This isn't something new, it's just more noticeable since the recent update.
  • In my case i get choppy black blocks, missing in-fight graphics, missing portrait of champions in selection menu and random exits every 4-5 fights.
  • KatakiriKatakiri Posts: 3
    edited November 2017
    luyvmpz7vcj4.png
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    https://youtu.be/yIO-8JhulFM

Check this out ...
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

What I experience most is extreme lag on certain fight stages. The Rooftop with landing quinjet, the moonbase with the dish, Ultron wasteland, ANY stage that has heavy animation going on.
    Knowhere is a predictable one. There I *know* to dash back and block as soon as those banners with Groot or Rocket or whoever fly in. It will lag the bejesus out of my device.
    I've lost fights in war because of the idiot moonbase stage with its moron dish. Arena is the best place to test the lag. Use an iPad Air2, without running anything in the background. Should give you that same 'experience'.

I wish they would just get rid of those backgrounds and create new ones that aren't so resource heavy. Yes they look cool but not cool enough to slow the game down and create problems.