**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enter the Grandmaster's Gauntlet!

Comments

• Sagar_28Sagar_28 Posts: 7
    edited June 2021

I did Gaunlet challenge twice , first time in single path did not receive any rewards then I have explored it and missing the completion rewards .
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    Won’t any units spent on this be more productive being spent on 4th deals and with less stress?
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

Won’t any units spent on this be more productive being spent on 4th deals and with less stress?

If you can actually do this with reasonable amount of resources spent, this is way better value for money than the holiday deals.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Just wanted to hop in say thanks for the cool piece of content! It was difficult as promised. Of course the level of difficulty each player experienced will vary, but I think we can all agree it wasn't a stroll through the park. 🙂 And the rewards were quite good. Looking forward to the Summer of Pain event as well.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    mbrace said:

5000 units for TB players at Xmas got you exactly 0 t5cc. I know they’ll loosen the tap some with t6b and t3a around but I don’t think 5000 units gets more than 20% (along with a pile of shards and other mats)

Also, I figured out why these rewards bugged me so much. There’s no way to get exactly 3 chests.

1 path - completion only
    2 - comp plus one chest
    3 - comp plus two
    4 - comp and all four chests.

Make the fourth chest exploration rewards and it’d be more intuitive.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

mbrace said:

5000 units for TB players at Xmas got you exactly 0 t5cc. I know they’ll loosen the tap some with t6b and t3a around but I don’t think 5000 units gets more than 20% (along with a pile of shards and other mats)

Also, I figured out why these rewards bugged me so much. There’s no way to get exactly 3 chests.

1 path - completion only
    2 - comp plus one chest
    3 - comp plus two

Its so worth it to spend on gauntlet over july fourth. I am. I will go in with 14-17 revives, 250+ (hopefully) lvl 3 health pots, 1700 units and willing to drop and odin if it comes to that. Namorless quakeless team.
  • Lyc123Lyc123 Posts: 1
    Will Clarie work for IBOM? or not a good option?
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    DawsMan said:

TyEdge said:

mbrace said:

1 path - completion only
    2 - comp plus one chest
    3 - comp plus two

Its so worth it to spend on gauntlet over july fourth. I am. I will go in with 14-17 revives, 250+ (hopefully) lvl 3 health pots, 1700 units and willing to drop and odin if it comes to that. Namorless quakeless team.
    Well, I wasn‘t really active for some months, only did the monthly Events and some Alliance stuff. So I collected 5000+ units (Platpool Incursion Packs, other Events).

Without Namor/Quake … some fights are really tough. That Terrax first path is so annoying and Korg is even worse. Both can damage you so hard (inflated stats) with their rock garbage. Ægon rules.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    Lyc123 said:

Will Clarie work for IBOM? or not a good option?

Why don‘t you use 999 Combo Ægon? He should purify anything immediately so it must be easy.
  • BashlordBashlord Posts: 216 ★★
    I did it with same team as @Metalsonicdude
    R3 Apoc, R3 Prof X, R3 Doom, R5 Namor and R2 Cable(for synergy)

But I do not have his skills and it costed me about 2k units, mainly for potions.
    Apoc had over 70k hp max boosted 😅😅

Nexus was pretty good and picked Aarkus

Ranked Corvus to R3, Cable up for R3 next
  • Ironcap3Ironcap3 Posts: 11
    So what if i get into the gauntlet but couldn't complete it before it expires and when it'll come back again in future I'll start from where i already was???
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Ironcap3 said:

So what if i get into the gauntlet but couldn't complete it before it expires and when it'll come back again in future I'll start from where i already was???

I don't think so. If you complete the first chest, you can claim the other chests when in comes back. For people who have explored it, the rewards cannot be claimed again when it comes back.
  • Finished gauntlet with my alt. 2nd time exploring
    Team: R3 magneto, R5 aegon, r2 Proxima, r5 apoc, r5 claire.
    1.2k units+ stash.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Just finished the Gauntlet. 1.5k units + stash. Although certain fights were tricky, it felt more fun than Abyss fights.

Although it would still be beneficial to be able to save Selector's instead of needing to pick something right away, I do want to applaud Kabam for the recent patch giving the small QoL improvement of being able to see what catalysts we already have and what fragments we have. That made selecting catalysts not stressful at all.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

My mini account roster. ⬆️

My main account..need tips for gauntlet and if its possible???
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★

Namor, Aegon, Ghost, Warlock, Apoc, Doom, Torch, Elsa, Red Mags .. all viable options for it.

Namor, Aegon, Ghost, Warlock, Apoc, Doom, Torch, Elsa, Red Mags .. all viable options for it.
    Not good with ghost lol

Not good with ghost lol
    GIT GUD!!! LOL but still really ... she's gonna save you some heartache .. practice her more. don't have to have her though.

Not good with ghost lol
    GIT GUD!!! LOL but still really ... she's gonna save you some heartache .. practice her more. don't have to have her though.
    Who can i replace her with?

Not good with ghost lol
    Quake if you can play her

Not good with ghost lol
    Quake if you can play her
    Nope 🤣
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Well.. if you can’t play everyone… 😂

Well, I've finished it even I don't have explored all permanent content :lol:
    Two things that I didn't like about this challenge: performance of the game currently suck ass and swallows, number of times I've got KOed due to lag, screen freezing or champion didn't respond to my input was so much higher that actual mistakes.
    And second, I absolutely loved that there are only t5cc selectors, but not for champions. After this crazy challange we should have at least one 6* crystal where we just choose which champion we get.

Who you use?

Two things that I didn't like about this challenge: performance of the game currently suck ass and swallows, number of times I've got KOed due to lag, screen freezing or champion didn't respond to my input was so much higher that actual mistakes.
    And second, I absolutely loved that there are only t5cc selectors, but not for champions. After this crazy challange we should have at least one 6* crystal where we just choose which champion we get.

Who you use?
    Here was my team and thoughts > https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/267823/i-came-i-saw-i-conquered-i-gauntlet-done-velvet-thoughts/p1

Who you use?
    Here was my team and thoughts > https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/267823/i-came-i-saw-i-conquered-i-gauntlet-done-velvet-thoughts/p1
    I have a 6* r1 unduped fantastic does he need dupe?
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    This is my alt account. The nexus crystal made it all worth it.

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    This was the biggest waste of time ever .