**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This month’s cav EQ node design is absolutely terrible

Comments

• Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 260 ★★★

Why the hell UC and Cavalier Bosses have the same amount nodes..Its shouldn't be considered UC if the damn nodes are exactly like cavalier on bosses 🤦‍♂️

Ctrl C Ctrl V.
    And yeh I don't get that either. I think last month it was the same if Im not mistaken... but it seems like a new thing? Used to be different, right?
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    while i think that it was overall harder than previous months, i think it was a good idea to try out new nodes. we've seen kabam tweak the nodes to make them easier and just add new ones overall
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I am planning to write my own post but shortly:

This set of node mixes two aspects:

1) being not only rewarding, but also challenging (that's why the tech unblockable and science powergain) - kinda like nodes in Act 7

2) allowing as many champs as possible

I admit my opinion may be inaccurate because I have all the counters, but this set of nodes feels actually easy.

Also, imo the PI and healthpools shrunk a bit.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I don’t think it was too bad. Different sure but I’d rather have that than use the same people every time (except CAIW he’s fun to use for all of the science ones lol)
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Why the hell UC and Cavalier Bosses have the same amount nodes..Its shouldn't be considered UC if the damn nodes are exactly like cavalier on bosses 🤦‍♂️

Ctrl C Ctrl V.
    And yeh I don't get that either. I think last month it was the same if Im not mistaken... but it seems like a new thing? Used to be different, right?
    I’m pretty sure UC boss and Cav boss are identical except UC has much lower health pool.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

Science was easy, I used mostly shehulk, thing and torch for couple fights. Void also works great. Spider Gwen, spidet ham, wasp, ibom, yj maybe. With mr4 synergy even more options, and it's not like act 6 sting path
    The most annoying part of cav eq was blade boss imo.

Avarice and Power Snack path was annoying. And the path with Close Encounters was also annoying. Close Encounters is when you regen if you’re close, and degen if you’re far away from the defender. However, the distance that you start to degen is a lot closer than I was comfortable with. You have to be literally standing next to your opponent, or else you start to degen. It’s not hard, but it wasn’t easy or a simple walk in the park either. Take one step back to avoid the opponent’s heavy attack and you start to degen. You lose more health than you gain in those fights. Again, not hard, just not fun. Even stressful at times. Maybe it’s just me. I don’t know.
    For power snack you just need to keep petrify on, just land a heavy periodically.
    Close encounters is ok actually, just block (if you use capiw or smbd else with high block) and hit in block a lot while ramping furies, feel free to wait before landing a heavy after parry to heal some. Spamming heavy in a corner is also good to heal. Iirc, opponents there are pretty easy and their specials are easy to evade and counter.
    Don't get me wrong, it's nothing fun for sure, but not that difficult.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

Ctrl C Ctrl V.
    Yup, UC boss always had 1 node less then Cavalier boss

Ctrl C Ctrl V.
    I’m pretty sure UC boss and Cav boss are identical except UC has much lower health pool.
    UC is a just a toned down version of Cavalier minus the class nodes
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Ctrl C Ctrl V.
    UC is a just a toned down version of Cavalier minus the class nodes
    UC was nerfed after Cav came out...
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Take out the stupid passive healblock.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    My class MVP’s were: CGR, Colossus, Hulkbuster, Sorcerer Supreme, Torch/IBom/Spider Gwen (no standout in science chapter), Fury and Shang-Chi. All these champs could basically solo all the paths in their chapter aside from a couple specific node interactions here and there. Along with a few other champs from each class this has been how Cav EQ has been for last few months.

I think they’ve done a pretty good job with the EQ, it’s not perfect but seems like a good compromise in terms of challenging content that’s still accessible to most of the Cav/TB community. If they nerf it again it’ll be too easy and we’ll effectively be back where we started when they added additional level of difficulty.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Tru100 said:

My class MVP’s were: CGR, Colossus, Hulkbuster, Sorcerer Supreme, Torch/IBom/Spider Gwen (no standout in science chapter), Fury and Shang-Chi. All these champs could basically solo all the paths in their chapter aside from a couple specific node interactions here and there. Along with a few other champs from each class this has been how Cav EQ has been for last few months.

I think they’ve done a pretty good job with the EQ, it’s not perfect but seems like a good compromise in terms of challenging content that’s still accessible to most of the Cav/TB community. If they nerf it again it’ll be too easy and we’ll effectively be back where we started when they added additional level of difficulty.

The tech quest is basically Hulkkbuster or Guiily. Everyone else performs worse and that makes it bad as not everyone has those 2 champions. The skill path heal block is pretty annoying especially with a WM on the easy path who eats away your health with sp1. Outside of those two, I have no other complaints.

This is the opinion of a fairly recent Cav that only completes. I don't explore Cav eq
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★
    I feel they wanted summoners to squeeze out their units before July. So that when July month comes up people start buying packages to buy units for the deal
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Tru100 said:

The tech quest is basically Hulkkbuster or Guiily. Everyone else performs worse and that makes it bad as not everyone has those 2 champions. The skill path heal block is pretty annoying especially with a WM on the easy path who eats away your health with sp1. Outside of those two, I have no other complaints.

This is the opinion of a fairly recent Cav that only completes. I don't explore Cav eq
    Guardian is also very effective. He doesn't crit and the "red damage" he does on some hits instead of crit, are actually shock, so you get the furies very quickly. Most fights were sp1, sp2, dead with miles of overkill. Sometimes I didn't even get to the sp2.

Also as a non-suicides user, I don't mind the skill hb. So far I have done 4/7 paths with no problems

Take out the stupid passive healblock.

Its the reason why i decided to stop working on Cavalier and do UC...side quest week 1 offered me 2 t5cc 2% so by end of month i should have 10% 🤣

DJMNH said:

I feel they wanted summoners to squeeze out their units before July. So that when July month comes up people start buying packages to buy units for the deal

I really don't think they plan EQ this way lmao
    They are evil like that lol
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Some nodes are slower, some are the same (mystic is slow as usual). But this is usually the case as Kabam have seemingly always had to adjust the nodes the month after.

Try mystic with Sorcerer, so much fun and fast. You can easily finish at full health
    Sorceror is one of about 10 champs in the basic pool that I don’t have lol. Don’t have an issue with finishing with full hp though, just slow.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Chikel said:

Tru100 said:

The tech quest is basically Hulkkbuster or Guiily. Everyone else performs worse and that makes it bad as not everyone has those 2 champions.
    I think I used IMIW for most of it. You can pretty much keep them shocked constantly, and you even slow down their power gain a little by doing so. Most fights pretty straight forward with him.
  • XanderayneXanderayne Posts: 29
    DNA3000 said:

I love the fact that they make us read essays just to understand what you are supposed to do /s

You might be joking, but I actually greatly appreciate the fact that higher tier content has moved in this direction. The game now rewards strategic thinking and roster knowledge, and rewards roster diversity as much as it does so-called "god-tier" champs. It is actually something I've been asking for for years now.
    Well said - this is what I have enjoyed the most in Act 7, reading, understanding the design concept and putting together a team to tackle. I have found this with the monthly EQ node combinations as well (though several community members on YouTube, etc are happy to share the best counters).

The positive thing about the different node combinations for Cav EQ is that there is no one MVP that handles all variants so roster depth and knowledge is important. There were a couple of things I did not love about this version of Cav EQ, but I did appreciate that it forced me to bring along a couple of different champions than I have run for the last 6-months and gives value to continued roster diversification.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I used void and capiw