**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Question about elsa

ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
What makes her unique from the rest of the skill class? What nodes is she best used for? I hear underrated all day long to the point she’s actually overrated, im just curious because I’ve not seen what she is capable of besides damage.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Side note: i dont have 5 or 6* elsa. Im all ears
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★

Alright, this question has been beat to death but I gotta ask it. What would your top 10 skill champs be in order?

1. Aegon
    2. Nick Fury
    3. Shang-Chi
    4. Mole Man
    5. Falcon
    6. Stealthy
    7. Crossbones
    8. Kingpin
    9. Hit-Monkey
    10. Jabari Panther
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,738 ★★★★★
    elsa gets a lot of hate, but she's pretty fun to play. once you have 5 or 6 busted charges on the enemy and drop an sp2, she has fun burst damage. also the ability to evade and apply busted on a parry is interesting. She can shrug off non-damaging debuffs, can counter evade champions.
    Blade has his regen on block and danger sense, mole man has his frenzy mechanic, nick fury has his passive bleeds, falcon his lock on, black widow her insights, shang chi is wushu strikes. I want to know what makes elsa, elsa?
    She’s good. Nobody can doubt that. But many claim she is a top 10 skill champ. It intrigues me. Where is her place when it comes to content clearing like act 6, 7, war, variants, etc

Alright, this question has been beat to death but I gotta ask it. What would your top 10 skill champs be in order?

1. Aegon
    2. Nick Fury
    3. Shang-Chi
    4. Mole Man
    5. Falcon
    6. Stealthy
    7. Crossbones
    8. Kingpin
    9. Hit-Monkey
    10. Jabari Panther
    I would swap stealthy and jabari, and replace stealthy for killmonger. Aegon i dont think is number 1 personally but i wont get into that.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

@LiterallyAnyoneInTheForums

1. Nick Fury
    2. Shang Chi
    3. Aegon
    4. Mole Man
    5. Falcon
    6. Kingpin
    7. Hit Monkey
    8. Crossbones
    9. Stealthy
    10. Kilmonger
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

@SkyLord7000

In No Particular Order

Nick
    Aegon
    Shang-Chi
    Falcon
    Kingpin
    Crossbones
    Stealthy
    Mole Man
    Hit-Monkey
    Jabari
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

Unique?
    Her busted debuff.

That said, not many skills have a lot of unique stuff.

Literally almost all skill champs have a shrug off ability lol.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

@SkyLord7000

In No Particular Order

Nick
    Aegon
    Shang-Chi
    Falcon
    Kingpin
    Crossbones
    Stealthy
    Mole Man
    Hit-Monkey
    Jabari
    I’d put them like this:
    Well Defined Top of Their Class
    Nick
    Shang-Chi
    Aegon (only top three because of abyss/labyrinth/large health pool content)
    —————
    More Flexible
    Falcon
    Mole Man
    Elsa
    Crossbones (Don’t know his kit very well)
    Stealthy
    Kingpin
    Hit-Monkey
    Jabari (Don’t know her kit very well)
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Can we like stop having this threads. The sole purpose of these threads are just to bash on Elsa for no reasonable motive, and for what?
    There's a new thread such as these pretty much every week, and that's been the most frequent for a character for like the past year. Of what use is this thread? If you don't wanna rankup Elsa, then that's totally your business. No. One. Cares!

Play the game as you like, there's so many characters in existence that focusing on bashing a single character constantly isn't getting you anywhere. Actually go play and clear content, instead of wasting your time creating pointless threads like this.

As for Elsa, she was my first rank 2 6* and my thronebreaker rankup as well. I have no regrets, cuz she's put in a lot of work for me. She's not those kinda "useless rank 3's", and her ranking in the skill class shouldn't even matter much cuz arguing over it constantly just makes some of you look childish. There's a reason there's a lot of rank 3 Elsa's on circulation. It's not by accident.
    I feel as though if “elsa” and “overrated” are in the same sentence, most elsa stans (not all) are immediately going to disagree and not listen to the rest of the post. Nothing here mentions elsa being bad, which “overrated” is almost always misinterpreted. Thanks to those who responded with some helpful feedback. Will look for videos on her before further judgement.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I honestly think Jabari Panther is the most underrated skill champ now.

I R3'd mine on a whim and holy cheese. I'm not even using her kit right yet and she does some absurd damage. Fantastic for Crit Me, for Do You Bleed, for Diss Track, and more, while holding a slightly more finicky evade counter than Nick, a better debuff shrug mechanic (arguably, Cleanse is tough to use at first), and a ridiculous and easily accessible crit rate boost.

She's honestly Poor Man's Fury in almost every sense of the word. Fantastic damage and good anti-evade and debuff shrugging. Downsides are her poor health pool and absolute need to play aggressive when The Hunt is active.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Can we like stop having this threads The sole purpose of these threads are just to bash on Elsa for no reasonable motive, and for what?
    There's a new thread such as these pretty much every week, and that's been the most frequent for a character for like the past year. Of what use is this thread? If you don't wanna rankup Elsa, then that's totally your business. No. One. Cares!

Play the game as you like, there's so many characters in existence that focusing on bashing a single character constantly isn't getting you anywhere. Actually go play and clear content, instead of wasting your time creating pointless threads like this.

As for Elsa, she was my first rank 2 6* and my thronebreaker rankup as well. I have no regrets, cuz she's put in a lot of work for me. She's not those kinda "useless rank 3's", and her ranking in the skill class shouldn't even matter much cuz arguing over it constantly just makes some of you look childish. There's a reason there's a lot of rank 3 Elsa's on circulation. It's not by accident.

It- it was just a question. I knew i was going to offend someone but the question was “what makes her unique”. Nothing i said was false/biased and undermined her. Difference between bashing and making an observation. Ranking matters if the community that loves elsa says she’s top 10 mate. Idc if you rank her up, my question is In regards to those saying she is a top 10 skill champ, a skill goddess. I see her damage, its great, utility and practicality is what i mainly seek since I haven’t seen much of the content she clears. Read the post before assuming the worst.
    I think asking what makes her unique is a completely logical question. If you have any others let me know. :)

I feel as though if “elsa” and “overrated” are in the same sentence, most elsa stans (not all) are immediately going to disagree and not listen to the rest of the post. Nothing here mentions elsa being bad, which “overrated” is almost always misinterpreted. Thanks to those who responded with some helpful feedback. Will look for videos on her before further judgement.

Preach It
    Tru100 said:

She’s good. Nobody can doubt that. But many claim she is a top 10 skill champ. It intrigues me. Where is her place when it comes to content clearing like act 6, 7, war, variants, etc

Top 10 claims were prob before the recent buffs and new additions to the skill class. She’s in tier with champs like Killmonger, BWDO, Night thrasher, all those champs have been bumped down on list rankings.

Her parry on block is unique utility, when paired with nick fury/quake synergy in particular it can be used to work round tricky stun immune or scenarios where it’s difficult to get an opening.

That evade also counts as an intercept for nodes like do not go gentle (i think that’s one of them; I could be getting names confused tho) where you have to intercept to keep charges at a certain level. There are a few of these nodes around.

She’s best natural shrugger of non damaging debuts, power sting, armor break, weakness, stuns, concussions, disorients, all this stuff gets purified every two seconds and u don’t need a synergy or to activate a special or combo to activate. Purifying these also ramps up her damage, so she might be best pure counter to champs like void, mr fantastic, invisible woman who place a lot of debuffs.

No one is immune to her busted debuffs, and her damaging debuffs toggle between incinerate and cold snap according to immunities and there’s only a few champs immune to both. Length of her debuffs and ease of application make her prob a top 5ish evade counter.

If she bleeds she degens the opponent unless they’re mutant. Adds to her appeal as a defender if u run suicides.

She’s simple to use but versatile. And her utility is sorta quirky but grows on you the more you use her imo. I think her being a little squishy, no immunities, along with lacking the big yellow numbers we see from the elite champs knocks her down on the tier list, but she’s sturdier than most squishy champs, and better/more versatile damage than most utility noodles. Imo she’s viable r3 candidate and that’s quickly becoming only thing that matters when pulling a new champ.

And that right there can change a view. I dont believe she’s top 10 but i see what you mean with the recent buffs and additional to the skill class. Seems very solid in terms of utility and damage. I appreciate the info, maybe as more content starts to release her place will shine brighter. Unique for sure on paper (for me, i dont have her at a high enough rarity). Thanks!

Kill_Grey said:

Can we like stop having this threads The sole purpose of these threads are just to bash on Elsa for no reasonable motive, and for what?

It- it was just a question. I knew i was going to offend someone but the question was “what makes her unique”. Nothing i said was false/biased and undermined her. Difference between bashing and making an observation. Ranking matters if the community that loves elsa says she’s top 10 mate. Idc if you rank her up, my question is In regards to those saying she is a top 10 skill champ, a skill goddess. I see her damage, its great, utility and practicality is what i mainly seek since I haven’t seen much of the content she clears. Read the post before assuming the worst.
    I think asking what makes her unique is a completely logical question. If you have any others let me know. :)
    Thanks! Mole god for the win though haha
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I have her r2 6*, ranked her just for fun and aw D.
    Her evade on parry is kinda nice, until you will get evaded on that parry and eat a combo in your face. Her evade counter is not very good, as you need to get evaded in a first place. Her shrug works after some time those debuffs are active, so you don't want to rely on it in a fight like void.
    I guess you can put her in top 10 skill champs, but it mostly due to skill class being pretty weak imo.
    Top of class is pretty solid (Aegon, Fury, Chi, maybe Crossbones). Then solid champs with limited use, like stealthy, km, mole or falcon. If you want, you can put Elsa here, but it is an arguable decision for sure. Anyway, no reason to care about top 10, focus on top 5 maybe. She's definitely not in it
    Aleor said:

I have her r2 6*, ranked her just for fun and aw D.
    Her evade on parry is kinda nice, until you will get evaded on that parry and eat a combo in your face. Her evade counter is not very good, as you need to get evaded in a first place. Her shrug works after some time those debuffs are active, so you don't want to rely on it in a fight like void.
    I guess you can put her in top 10 skill champs, but it mostly due to skill class being pretty weak imo.
    Top of class is pretty solid (Aegon, Fury, Chi, maybe Crossbones). Then solid champs with limited use, like stealthy, km, mole or falcon. If you want, you can put Elsa here, but it is an arguable decision for sure. Anyway, no reason to care about top 10, focus on top 5 maybe. She's definitely not in it

I personally would put Falcon above Crossbones. Falcon can just shut down so much