**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood rebuff approaching soon?

PhilipEPhilipE Posts: 41
edited June 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Would be nice to hear how it is in the works. It’s been a couple months, so I’m curious as to how it’s going. As a r3 hood owner, I initially loved the reworked hood’s invisibility and the bullet mechanic with the heavy detonation. I hope the invisibility is the same, because his current invisibility is unreliable as hell. Although with the reliable invisibility, came a pretty lack luster stagger and no fate seal to cover buffs that may have slipped past the rng aspect of his stagger. I hope the core issues are being addressed and would love to hear how the improvements are going.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    Yes would love to hear a progress report for the hood! @Kabam Miike ? 😁
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
    I would love to see them reduce his heavy recovery time firstly, probably add more time to the debuffs from the specials. For his kit now, it's like the most preferable way to get damage is to maintain those debuffs. And it literally is very hard to do it with such long animations.

Of course I'd like to see more, but these are my major priorities.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I liked it too. Have you tried using him lately?
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    They need to take away his persistent charges with the bullets.

That would be like playing Sunspot but You Carry over remaining Incinerates and the SP3 doesn’t refresh them
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    He'll come when people forget about the first buff, probably.

Somebody massively overvalued the bullet mechanic. You couldn't even save them up, so why make them persistent? Really feels like a Lost in Code moment.

And the healing, it was decent, but only when bugged. The intended healing was so bad that I'd rather it not exist, so he didn't trigger some node or ability.

Lack of Hex Seal was the real killer for me. Not Fate Seal, but the cool, unique, Hex Seal passive. Removed because (IIRC) it'd make the bullet mechanic too strong in buff heavy matchups. Ehh, we already had champs that did that better.

Invisibility was about the only thing I liked. I did miss the 90% against projectiles, but 90% is an infinity away from 100%. Wish we could have both, but yeah I preferred the guarantee.

Given their previous evaluation of mechanics, I'm not expecting much. Gotta keep those expectations low if I ever wanna be pleasantly surprised.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

That would be like playing Sunspot but You Carry over remaining Incinerates and the SP3 doesn’t refresh them

Bad analogy. He gains his bullets throughout the fight and can save them, whereas sunspot is locked and loaded, shooting all his bullets until he’s empty, sp3 is to switch the mag.
  • TensioTensio Posts: 170
    Any update about hood? Another month without info
  • PhilipEPhilipE Posts: 41
    Texas_11 said:

Yeah I used him quite a bit in the grandmasters gauntlet. Had a run vs. terrax where I know if I was playing the reworked version, I would’ve had a huge heavy detonation

• ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    I'd prefer if they focused on miles morales first. needs it way more. Hood is already still decent plus his synergy with ghost is OP. I dont think the ghost synergy team needs too much help
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I can kinda see your point… I have both as a 6* and I’d rather see/have a good mystic for rank 3 lol (completely selfish I know, but at least I’m honest)
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    ddom said:

I'd prefer if they focused on miles morales first. needs it way more. Hood is already still decent plus his synergy with ghost is OP. I dont think the ghost synergy team needs too much help

It only gives hood invisibility, iirc
    Also I'd love then releasing some new buffs of just stating they won't change him. I would most likely take him to r3 if they leave him as he is, but I'm not sure I would like his buff, after what we've seen. Miles is just bad, so nobody will use him now anyway.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    PhilipE said:

Texas_11 said:

Yeah I used him quite a bit in the grandmasters gauntlet. Had a run vs. terrax where I know if I was playing the reworked version, I would’ve had a huge heavy detonation

Used mine for cav a lot, but how would survive long enough to stack his charges to detonate them? And where else did you use him? Can't think of any mystic friendly fights there except bpcw maybe
  • PhilipEPhilipE Posts: 41
    Aleor said:

PhilipE said:

Texas_11 said:

Used mine for cav a lot, but how would survive long enough to stack his charges to detonate them? And where else did you use him? Can't think of any mystic friendly fights there except bpcw maybe
    I used him for terrax just for testing (I basically just intercepted in the rock field while lifestealing from his staggers expiring when terry gained buffs, eventually the damage was too much and I backed off and sp2. Happened twice, but I would’ve stacked quite a few bullets) but my strat was popping team revives when I could, so no harm in throwing in champs for the damage. I took 70% with hood from bpcw, probably could’ve soloed it if I played better. Also took off a decent chunk of dragon man with him.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Hoitado said:

Bad analogy. He gains his bullets throughout the fight and can save them, whereas sunspot is locked and loaded, shooting all his bullets until he’s empty, sp3 is to switch the mag.
    Not a bad analogy at all IMO. If you take Hood’s Bullet Mechanic and put it in Sunspot’s Kit with his incinerates then
    He would be a terrible champion. Useable but not good.
    If you could fully refresh the bullets somehow like how Sunspot does with his incinerates and a Sp3 then Hood would be great
  • unstablechildunstablechild Posts: 36
    keep waiting, hope they make a hood great. :smiley: