Omega Red Death Spores (merged)

TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 507 ★★
edited June 10 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hello,

Omega Red has unfortunately not been working as intended for nearly 10 months now. Originally as his spores would build dot damage would take place on its way to 10-30. Please take a look at this asap as many in the community have been asking for this to be fixed for quite some time now.

Thank You,

Taz
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• KerayZKerayZ Posts: 219 ★★★
    edited June 9
    Hey! I have returned and so has something else.

The Omega Red bug has come back to haunt us. This bug was recently fixed in Feb 2021. It was a bug that lasted 10 months. This was no small bug. The Kabam team stated themselves how hard it was for them to fix this one since it was a core issue. It got fixed though. FINALLY! But...now it's back. We got 3 months of working as intended Omega Red just to get another month of broken Omega Red.

What I have learned so far : The spore bug is INTERMITTENT which makes it even harder for Kabam since it's not happening EVERY SINGLE time. What I have noticed is that when the opponent is aggressive it stays within your death field. This shows the spores doing 0 damage from 1-10. When it hits 10 spores the damage ticks. Sometimes, like before, damage from spores will also start ticking from 6 or 7 spores and beyond BUT spores 1-6 produce 0 damage.

New twist!! At the start of the fight the opponent automatically enters the death field(just leave auto fight off and let Omega Red just stand there). IF the opponent is PASSIVE it'll back off for a second. This removes the opponent for a brief moment outside of death fields range BUT then they re-enter the death field zone. When this happens spores will tick damage from 2-10 no problem.

CONCLUSION : There is an initial spore damage bug but when the defender or yourself force the opponent to 're-enter' the death field the game triggers the spore damage properly. The bug is the initial ENTRY into the death field that is NOT ticking damage. Again this is just from what I've experienced and I am sure Kabam can reproduce this easily.

Here is a link to my tweet showing the bug in real time.

I will also edit this post to include the YouTube video that shows this bug in action from the start of a quest to the very end of the quest. Thanks again! Hopefully it does not take another 10 months to resolve this.

Video evidence begins at 04:11
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,153 ★★★★★
    KerayZ said:

Zan0 said:

Oh come on really whyyyyy

Why what?
    I would assume he is saying that to OR being bugged again.
  • Zan0Zan0 Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    It's just recently messed up again. It's been good for 3 months+
  • I've merged together two threads on this same topic. If anyone experiencing this bug could also provide additional information below, using the forums Bug Report template, that would be a huge help. Thanks.
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 219 ★★★

I've merged together two threads on this same topic. If anyone experiencing this bug could also provide additional information below, using the forums Bug Report template, that would be a huge help. Thanks.

I appreciate the merge/response but you already have 10 months of data and reports. I get it. This is just a copy pasta response but asking for devices for something you already fixed is not necessary imo. This isn’t something new. Its the return of an already thoroughly investigated bug.
  • cdfunkcdfunk Posts: 2
    I think we should consider rank down tickets at some point. I put 200 sigs into my r3 in October ( not to mention that I didn’t realize he was broken since the month before ) to which I was patient with him getting fixed three months later in January. But now we are in June and out of 9 months I’ve gotten 3 months to use the champion as intended. This is quite frustrating trusting and a waste of my sigs to use on a champion who is reliant on sigs for additional output in damage.

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike