**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Oft-Forgotten Easy Units to Collect before July 4

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,009 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Friendly reminder to anybody trying to grind out units before July 4:
The Classic difficulties of Back Issues have plenty of units available and they can all be done via auto fight.

If you, like me, popped open a ton of four hour crystals in your Gauntlet run and have lots of energy refills expiring, Classic Back Issues is a good thing to auto fight through for a few hundred bonus units (while totally being productive at work).

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,009 ★★★★★

Thank you very much! I anyways had to do them for the sake of mastery cores! Thanks a bunch for reminding about this!
    I am not buying any deals, but could someone tell me about July 4th deals? Are they brought with units or RL currencies?
    What are the offers like/what would they be like? It would be kind of you if you could tell me what it was like the previous time.

Happy to help! The way it works is that purchasing units will come with all kinds of extras, depending on your in-game progression. For TB players over Cyber Weekend, the Odin’s deal included a class-based nexus 6* crystal, for example.

Additionally, there will be deals available for units. The way they are set up is the first deal is available for 1000 units. If you purchase that, you will be offered a deal for 4000 units. If you purchase that, there will be a deal offered for 10,000 units. This totals out to 15,000 units. Recently, they have started offering an additional 3000 unit deal after that final purchase, so that may happen this time as well.

Most youtubers will have breakdowns of past deals on their channels if you’re interested in seeing what it’s looked like before.
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Thank you! I’m always trying to farm units but for some reason didn’t realize they were available in the classic back issues! I never mess with them because the rewards are irrelevant, but the units are worth it! I’ll do this at the end of the month after I get the units from doing all the eq. Thanks again.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,064 ★★★★★
    how many are we talking?
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

how many are we talking?

...Just look at the quest rewards...
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 788 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Friendly reminder to anybody trying to grind out units before July 4:
    The Classic difficulties of Back Issues have plenty of units available and they can all be done via auto fight.

If you, like me, popped open a ton of four hour crystals in your Gauntlet run and have lots of energy refills expiring, Classic Back Issues is a good thing to auto fight through for a few hundred bonus units (while totally being productive at work).

Thanks for the reminder man. I've done completion on most for the units but there's still a couple chapters of the newest I could do.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    DawsMan said:

how many are we talking?

Which is easier, doing it yourself or asking someone else to do it for you
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Currently at 969 unit's
    If the 1k deal isn't worth it I'll but revives
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

how many are we talking?

Which is easier, doing it yourself or asking someone else to do it for you
    Doing it yourself, its quicker, more reliable, and so low maintenance.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Road to Labyrinth is also a decent place to get units cuz fights are easy but fights will take a a long time later on because of the damage cap
    Last time around I finally did Act 2 Exploration. Did that long after exploring Act 6.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    The energy cost tho...
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    I actually did a lot of classic difficulty variants for the gifting event last year. I totally forgot that many are still left. Gonna explore them now.

Thanks a lot OP!
    Kill_Grey said:

The energy cost tho...

All my refills are about to go the way of the dodo anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,064 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    so 130 units exploration and 60 for completion is what running a Classic Variant (Variant 7 specifically) will get you for anyone wondering ... lol geez tough crowd.

i asked because what's the big deal with sharing the info for others who may not (like me) have been glued to the game at that moment.
    edited June 2021

so 130 units exploration and 60 for completion is what running a Classic Variant (Variant 7 specifically) will get you for anyone wondering ... lol geez tough crowd.

i asked because what's the big deal with sharing the info for others who may not (like me) have been glued to the game at that moment.

Thank you for counting it out! I just didn’t answer because I hadn’t taken the time to do that.

For anybody who hasn’t touched any of the classic difficulties, that means exploring all seven will net you 1,330 units. That’s not a bad haul at all. Plus you’ll get a bunch of stony cores, which are always nice to have.