**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Arena Structure Feedback v2.0

Comments

• The_Flying_Jew82The_Flying_Jew82 Posts: 71
    This arena change isn't that big of a difference for me. It will not do much either way, but I am happy that players with lesser rosters get access to more units. People who are complaining don't think about anyone but themselves and their monster line ups. The ones complaining either have monster 6* lines and are angry they can't une their line up to crush lesser players. You guys have the 6* featured for your whalefest ... go cry about it in that arena.
  • NemesioNemesio Posts: 134

Trials arena doesn't have the new milestones rewards. Is that a bug? Or is it coming later?

Must be a bug
  • CyberOneMillionCyberOneMillion Posts: 20
    Crine60 said:

DNA3000 said:

Don't get me wrong I like that the milestones were reduced and the units/battlechips became better obtainable than what kabam originally tried doing with the new structure, absolute props for that and it was the right move, but its the idea that in 1 arena alone we are going to devalue 6* champs and not reduce their cool down times. That just doesn't make sense to me. It just makes the idea of even using a 6* in the basic arena virtually pointless.

Again, this is just from my initial perspective. Will have to wait til June 10th to see what I really think about it.

Just pretend 6* champs are unusable in that arena, and the cooldown and base point issue disappears.

The Basic arena is being tuned to be roughly comparable to the original 4* featured arena, which did not allow the use of 6* champs at all. Imagine taking the old 4* featured, and adding 5* and 6* champion prizes to the rank rewards. That's more or less the updated Basic arena. That's a huge win for players. The biggest difference is in that situation 6* champs would be unusable, and in the Basic they are usable but with identical base value as 5* champs.

Usable but without higher base value cannot be worse than not usable at all. So the new Basic will be basically the old 4* featured with higher rewards, if you pretend 6* champs are unusable.
    The point I, and others, were trying to make is that with the decrease in the points the 6* get in basic arena it isn't worth the added difficulty of having the 6*r3 suicide or 6*r5 death matches that people without large rosters of high rank 5* and 6* champs get. We can't pretend 6* are unusable if we don't want to use them ourselves because of the decreased points because we will still be facing opponents that are 6*s. I also don't understand what you said in your prior response to my post about being able to get a 6* from the arena meaning that you have to allow 6* champs to play in that arena. Why can't we be able to win the 6* but only allow 5* at highest to do the fights?

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

How Hav the impact with the change for the 6 star to score almost the same as the 5 star or I’m missing understand it because if so that just bad for me

Its only in the basic arena. These changes are great
    @Kabam Miike can you please confirm this? Is the lowered points scoring for 6*s in the basic arena only (max milestone of 4 mil) and the usual scoring in the featured arena (max milestone 12 mil). If so then I believe this is an incredible update to make grinding less painful
    That is correct. 6-Stars only have their points reduced to match 5-Stars in the Basic Arena.
    So why allow 6*'s in there at all? I mean using 4*'s and potentially coming up against r3 6*'s does not sound like fun....
    It is all about trial and error. For argument's sake, if you keep getting a deathmatch at the same point in your streak then you know that you have to change something. Either the weakest champ on your team was a low tier star rated champ with poor rank/poor level or the total team rating was not high enough to get a good matchup.
  • Yash_dahiyaYash_dahiya Posts: 3
    Why trial arena milestones are like old one. Final milestone is 2.1m .. which should have been 4.4m. also milestones rewards are like old structure. It means we are missing 130 units and a lot of battleships too. @Kabam Miike
  • InkashsInkashs Posts: 4
    edited June 2021
    Thats so sad for all players. 200 units less in this round. I really hope you'll fix this today as soon as possible. Gauntlet is still running and we need the units.

But yeah its another milk the wales i guess 😤
  • SteveMSteveM Posts: 188
    Looks like the Trials arena didn't update. Still only 7 units per milestone and the last 4 don't have GMC shards
  • AndremlopesAndremlopes Posts: 82
    Come on Kabam!!!!! Seriously!!! Even the simplest things you cannot do correctly!!!! Such stupid mistakes that pisses of everybody
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Thanks, Z!
  • VandallghVandallgh Posts: 36
    Guys, have you checked if units rewards (milestones) in 4* arena has been updated? I think it’s still the old structure…
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Best I can tell, the milestones for the Basic have updated, but the "6 star nerf" (as I've been affectionately referring to it) hasn't. 🙂 Got to 3x multiplier to test it out.
    Monk1 said:

Floschka said:

Did Kabam mess up the Release? The two 6* Arenas got the old milestones back, but the 1-4* Arena still only has milestones to 2.15 Million points with 7 Units each. Am i missing out on 200 Units this round?

Hopefully 🎉🎉
    He's trying to be funny. Calm down with the disagrees.. 😅😂 Sounds like Kabam is addressing it.
    This is actually a good example of what will actually happen most of the time... If 6 star champs DO NOT get nerfed. I have no interest in DDHK this week. And will therefore just get the milestones and move on to milestones in the Featured. Leaving my slot open for someone else in both champion rewards and other rank rewards. Because we have larger 6 star rosters, odds are we won't be competing for basic champs all the time. I just want the ability to throw my hat in the ring occasionally if there's an older champ I'm really excited about... or just grind some milestones and move on. Without taking a handicap to my roster. That's it. There's really not much more than that to it. 9/10 times, I won't actually be "interfering" with progressing players progress at all. I use quotes because I don't believe that fair (no handicaps) competition interferes with anyone.

I want to be careful with this statement though. I'm just giving you the actual reality of my personal situation. I still believe that any player who wishes to compete for any champ at anytime (whether it be one or all of them) has the right to participate and compete for them without suffering a handicap to do so. Especially in a competitive game mode.
    Louisf78 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Not a fan of how many units are in the baby arena that underdeveloped 4 star rosters will have to get now

lol how can you say you don't like that, i bet your cav or thronebreaker

all kabam have done is essentially put all the rewards that where in the old trials, old 3* and old 4* arenas into one, instead of grinding 30 milestones, you only have to grind 20.

much better for the new players who are developing as those arenas where anyway meant nor the new players who don't have or cannot at their stage get 5 and 6 stars and for that matter a large 4* roster too.

I'm still going to grind them
    You can't get mad at anyone for the three lesser arenas being combined into one singular arena. As of 6-10-21, the milestone rewards and rank rewards are accurately updated to reflect this change. A summoner is getting the same amount of units whether they grinded all three older arenas (summoner trials, 3* basic, & 4* basic) or grind the updated summoner trials arena. A summoner is also getting the same amount of units if they grinded both the old 4* featured and old 5* featured arenas in the past considering that the milestone unit rewards for both 6* arenas were put back to the original values set forth in those older arenas. Across the board, no arena is giving out units not already being given out. Three lesser arenas combined into one arena and the unit payout is reflecting that. That is justice done well and not a criminal action.
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 265
    edited June 2021

Hey there everyone, the team is aware that the Arenas did not update to the new version and are working on a fix, but it will need to be implemented for the new Arena coming on Monday. In light of that, we'll also be working on compensating everyone for any rewards that are missed from this Arena as a result of this.

So for Summoner Trials, do we need to get to the new milestone of 4.4M (and 12Mand 4M respectively for the other arenas) to receive max compensation? Will appreciate more clarity around this. @Kabam Zibiit
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    I want the 3 star arena back, thats the only arena I ever done.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Hey there everyone, the team is aware that the Arenas did not update to the new version and are working on a fix, but it will need to be implemented for the new Arena coming on Monday. In light of that, we'll also be working on compensating everyone for any rewards that are missed from this Arena as a result of this.

How do you qualify for the compensation?
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Would really like to know this aswell. It would be very logical we need to put up the 4m points to get those units with the compensation. But it would be a waste of time if that is not the case.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    @Danxor said:

For max rewards to be compensated do we need to grind up to the 4 million point in the Trials Arena? I would like to know before I spend that time.
    Do you think grinding to 4m is sufficient to get the top ranked reward?
  • DOC83DOC83 Posts: 33

I hope we will be compensated on the total missing rewards.
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 214 ★★★
    I think there are a few fundamental negatives to this change that I really hope can be addressed.

1) The modified featured 6* was awesome and should not have been reverted back. This was a really good change and reflected the progression of our 6* rosters "out growing" the 12M milestone. Many players were already doing well over the 16.5m as the cutoffs for the ranked rewards had crept up to these amounts anyways. The modified 6* featured allowed us to gain some additional rewards along the way, and this was great. I'd like to see the 200 unit / 16.5m version come back.

2) Far too much emphasis has been placed om the 4* arena. I recognize that this is somewhat needed to help progressing players because they made the 6* basic and featured arenas unavailable, but 4M points in this is just way too much. Even with maxed out 5/50 champs you are looking at 100 rounds. While this might be technically equivalent in "effort" to the old 2* / 3* / 4* arenas, this is only true if you are using max rank 4*s. I have a pretty developed 4* Roster, but this is still only about 30 5/50s. This means I have to do 10 sessions to make this arena take the equivalent in fight count to the old arenas. But that is with a developed 4* roster. On my alt account (what we could consider closer to a progressing player I guess?) I only have 3 max rank 4*s... I know people in my alliance who have 0. People have entirely bypassed 4*s for a long time now, so the argument that this benefits new/progressing players is not really valid.

I think the milestones are way too high for what a player can reasonably achieve with 2/3/4* champs, especially if they aren't focusing on ranking up 4*s (which most people do not).

On top of this, I like to use the arena to "double up" on events and also complete hero use / arena combat / 7 hour quests / etc. However, being forced to do so much with 4*s means diminished points in these other events while I do my milestone grinding. And - the 4* basic gives fewer battle chips than the 6* featured, so moving the same "level of effort" down to a lower arena actually does result in fewer rewards on the whole.

I do like and agree with the change to the 6* basic arena, but I wonder if we couldn't just make this available to players sooner to help the argument that newer players don't have enough 6*s for the old system. I don't think they will be competitive in grinding for the 5/6* champs, so I don't see the harm in letting them have access to the arena.

Overall I feel like this response to the feedback was a half step forward and 2 steps back. More thinking needed to find a happy balance in my opinion.

• firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Honestly, the updates are fine by me. They fix all of the issues that I personally had with the arena... like the milestones for instance. The units may be lower, but we were told we were getting compensated for that.

Would really like to know this aswell. It would be very logical we need to put up the 4m points to get those units with the compensation. But it would be a waste of time if that is not the case.

You'll probably be compensated for every actual milestone that you achieve in the current live version of the summoner trials arena.