**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Ultron not immune to slow

ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
After Ultron's buff, he's supposed to be immune to slow but when I fought him in the side quest, I was able to slow him.
Fighting him in a duel confirmed this. You can slow him and while he is slowed, he cannot evade even though the evade text pops up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_DuYMQAUyc&list=PL1PW2ULwXuhQwkXxgEmh4K1rwoCmDY8Wn&index=3

Device: Umidigi A7 Pro
Game version: 31.1.1
Mobile or wifi: Mobile data
Carrier: Glo NG
Quest: Langurian rifts: basement - Legendary difficulty
Boosts: None
Nodes: None

Comments

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    So, no one is going to say anything?
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    I just posted this in another thread regarding Overseer being able to auto-block true-accuracy champs which shouldn't be the case. Someone posted that:
    "True Strike - IGNORES auto-block, evade, armor rating, and resistances (physical, energy)
    True Accuracy - IGNORES auto-block and evade
    True Sense - IGNORES auto-block and miss
    Vigilance - IGNORES miss

The ignoring part is super important as it essentially states that regardless of those abilities' ability accuracy, they will not trigger. It also means that none of these abilities are affected by ability accuracy."

The "NOT TRIGGER" part of the statement is not accurate (pun intended).

I replied:
    "They will/can still TRIGGER these abilities, they just FAIL to work. :smile:
    I know it's a bit splitting-of-hairs but with AA verbiage like updated Ultron stating his AA can't be modified from TRIGGERING his effects, it doesn't mean they should actually WORK if he's slowed, fighting a true strike/accuracy champ, etc., right? There's another ticket for Ultron not being able to evade with SLOW debuff and the confusion appears to be that his evade mechanic is still TRIGGERING which is AA that can't be modified, HOWEVER, if slow debuff is on him, it should not WORK (i.e., actually allow him to evade)."

There's a difference between TRIGGERING and actually WORKING. For example, when you fight an auto-block or evade champs with Killmonger and true-strike is active, their abilities STILL TRIGGER and you can see it trigger - it just FAILS.

Here's my take on the updated Ultron confusion. Because Ultron's abilities (and damage build-up) rely on his functions TRIGGERING, Kabam made it so that his ability to trigger the functions is immune to AA modifications so they will always TRIGGER. HOWEVER, as stated above, TRIGGERING does not necessarily equate to the ability WORKING if it's being countered by slow, true-strike, true-accuracy, etc.

Just my .02
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★

I just posted this in another thread regarding Overseer being able to auto-block true-accuracy champs which shouldn't be the case. Someone posted that:
    "True Strike - IGNORES auto-block, evade, armor rating, and resistances (physical, energy)
    True Accuracy - IGNORES auto-block and evade
    True Sense - IGNORES auto-block and miss
    Vigilance - IGNORES miss

The ignoring part is super important as it essentially states that regardless of those abilities' ability accuracy, they will not trigger. It also means that none of these abilities are affected by ability accuracy."

The "NOT TRIGGER" part of the statement is not accurate (pun intended).

I replied:
    "They will/can still TRIGGER these abilities, they just FAIL to work. :smile:
    I know it's a bit splitting-of-hairs but with AA verbiage like updated Ultron stating his AA can't be modified from TRIGGERING his effects, it doesn't mean they should actually WORK if he's slowed, fighting a true strike/accuracy champ, etc., right? There's another ticket for Ultron not being able to evade with SLOW debuff and the confusion appears to be that his evade mechanic is still TRIGGERING which is AA that can't be modified, HOWEVER, if slow debuff is on him, it should not WORK (i.e., actually allow him to evade)."

There's a difference between TRIGGERING and actually WORKING. For example, when you fight an auto-block or evade champs with Killmonger and true-strike is active, their abilities STILL TRIGGER and you can see it trigger - it just FAILS.

Here's my take on the updated Ultron confusion. Because Ultron's abilities (and damage build-up) rely on his functions TRIGGERING, Kabam made it so that his ability to trigger the functions is immune to AA modifications so they will always TRIGGER. HOWEVER, as stated above, TRIGGERING does not necessarily equate to the ability WORKING if it's being countered by slow, true-strike, true-accuracy, etc.

Just my .02

This is 100% wrong in his kit they made him fully immune meaning shouldnt work ever its like saying a poison immune can be poisoned if someone is slow immune there immune with the true strike they dont ignore they bypass it but whats going on against overseer is a bug since he doesnt care if true strike but his auto block should still be bypassed since its still auto block its not a new ability
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Same with Dueling Ultron against Apocalypse. Apocalypse prevents Ultron evade!
    edited June 2021
    Bendy said:

This is 100% wrong in his kit they made him fully immune meaning shouldnt work ever its like saying a poison immune can be poisoned if someone is slow immune there immune with the true strike they dont ignore they bypass it but whats going on against overseer is a bug since he doesnt care if true strike but his auto block should still be bypassed since its still auto block its not a new ability

Did you even read my post? Guaranteed to TRIGGER does not mean guaranteed to WORK. Poison immune analogy isn't apples to apples at all. Like I clearly stated, evade and auto-block still TRIGGER against true-strike but they are IGNORED by the true-strike buff. Ultron's function is guaranteed to TRIGGER, but it is over-ridden by slow, true-strike, etc., it's really not that complicated.

If only a Kabam mod would get clarification on this from devs...

@Kabam Zibiit apologies for the call out but this Ultron buff has got a lot of ppl confused and needs to be clarified. Please help!!

Bendy said:

Did you even read my post? Guaranteed to TRIGGER does not mean guaranteed to WORK. Poison immune analogy isn't apples to apples at all. Like I clearly stated, evade and auto-block still TRIGGER against true-strike but they are IGNORED by the true-strike buff. Ultron's function is guaranteed to TRIGGER, but it is over-ridden by slow, true-strike, etc., it's really not that complicated.

If only a Kabam mod would get clarification on this from devs...

But 200% on angela in other thread to prevent autoblock but isnt on overseer with ultron being slowed its clearly in kit that hes immune both these issues are bugged interactions
    If u have immunity to any debuff only passives would land but this is so that actual buffs are landing even though immunity clearly states immune to that debuff.

Overseer has just autoblock which gets bypassed with strue strike/accuracy but whats happening on overseer is that hes preventing the true strike/accuracy to bypass it even though its just a normal aut block mechanic which be bypassed if angela is at x buffs or true strike is active
    Chikel said:

After Ultron's buff, he's supposed to be immune to slow but when I fought him in the side quest, I was able to slow him.
    Fighting him in a duel confirmed this. You can slow him and while he is slowed, he cannot evade even though the evade text pops up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_DuYMQAUyc&list=PL1PW2ULwXuhQwkXxgEmh4K1rwoCmDY8Wn&index=3

Device: Umidigi A7 Pro
    Game version: 31.1.1
    Mobile or wifi: Mobile data
    Carrier: Glo NG
    Quest: Langurian rifts: basement - Legendary difficulty
    Boosts: None
    Nodes: None

I have tested this in a dual using spider gwen against him and 100% slowed him this defo needs fixing as it states in kit hes immune to the effects of slow
    edited June 2021
    Zan0 said:

@Kaizen_King he is supposed to be immune to slow. There should be no possible way he gets it applied on him (debuff and passive)

shoot, yes thanks, I completely forgot about the specific call out for slow. But I still stand by my other arguments regarding true-strike still being able to overcome his evade AFTER it triggers... but alas, nobody was arguing that point.

I'll leave now. :blush:
    @Bendy yes true/good points on the Overseer issue. 100% agree.