**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Phone overheating after an hour of gameplay

TheDadManTheDadMan Posts: 57
edited June 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
For last one week or so, I have been noticing my phone getting extremely overheated after around 60mins of gameplay. This heating is more evident while playing arenas. To be honest I haven't noticed heating while playing regular eq or aq. Even when i completed grandmaster's gauntlet, which took roughly 2 hours, i didn't see the overheating (Or i was way too excited about the rewards to notice anything else). Anyway, its really a problem during arena grinding which generally requires more than an hour. When the device gets extremely heated, the game starts lagging like crazy. Often the screen completely freezes for 3-4 seconds. When it happens, i have to put my phone down for it to cool down before continuing the grind which is very disruptive.

I did a test this morning to find out whether its an issue with my phone or this game.

Device - iPhone XS MAX (Updated to latest OS version)

Test 1 -
- Charged my phone to 100%.
- Closed all background apps.
- Played arena for an hour.

Result - As expected, phone got extremely overheated to a point i was feeling the heat on my fingers through the case.

Test 2 -
- Left my phone for an hour to fully cool down.
- Charged it back to 100%.
- Closed all background apps.
- Played pubg for ~40mins.
- Played marvel future fight for ~30mins.

Result - Phone was slightly warm which is normal after an hour of screen on time. But nowhere near as hot as it was in the previous test.

I am not gonna jump to conclusion and say that the game is causing the overheating issue. However, all evidence points to the game at this time. We did have an issue a couple of years back where iphones were getting overheated. I guess its worth looking into.

Anyone else facing similar issues? Please share here. If a lot of people are facing similar issues then I am going to open a support ticket.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• TheDadManTheDadMan Posts: 57

TheDadMan said:

Anyone else facing similar issues?

Overheating has always been a terrible problem with this game, I know of 0 devices that can run this game perfectly without frame drops, heating, or crashing.
    I have seen device getting heated in the past, but that was after prolonged gameplay while being plugged to a charger, which is normal (for example - during a featured 5* grind where i was on arena for almost 4 hours). But at no point i had to put my phone down because it was too hot to even hold, which is the case now.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    I've had the same issue. Samsung S8, wifi and updated os
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I’ve been having this issue for awhile now. Not plugged in the game will crash after about an hour of game play and get very hot.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/246001/phone-overheated#latest
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    I’m only fine it gets hot when played in arena all Ofer game mode is fine.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    I would upload a picture but its a pic of my phone so I cant. I just grab an icepack from the freezer, stick it on my phone, gtg.