**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Never phase more than 1 hit with Ghost in War

SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
This is probably known by most Ghost players that you can never safely phase 2 hits without the risk of getting parried (thx AI update from 2019) but this is for everyone that didn't know it.

https://youtu.be/q5EAVPPUOVU

You may now laugh at me

Comments

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

I’ve gotten parried after phasing 1 hit before too, no one is safe O_O

You can counter that if you attack faster.

So fast like that the game counts it as an intercept. If you do that then you are 100% safe bc their first attack (medium) has bit longer recovery time for them.

@DarkEternity
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Seraphion said:

So fast like that the game counts it as an intercept. If you do that then you are 100% safe bc their first attack (medium) has bit longer recovery time for them.

@DarkEternity
    Lol I was talking for along the lines of in war on your first phase they sometimes start with a light which allows them to instantly parry if you try to retaliate. The intercept trick works fine for the rest of the fight but you still gotta be careful that they don’t light attack you or they immediately go into a parry at times (I used to use the intercept trick vs Modok prior to Protect)

Seraphion said:

@DarkEternity
    Lol I was talking for along the lines of in war on your first phase they sometimes start with a light which allows them to instantly parry if you try to retaliate. The intercept trick works fine for the rest of the fight but you still gotta be careful that they don’t light attack you or they immediately go into a parry at times (I used to use the intercept trick vs Modok prior to Protect)
    Ah I see.

Yes you are 100% right with that
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★
    I use ghost every war and I almost always do two hits into phase. Ive been doing this for probably around a year. This hasn't been an issue for me.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Piss off ghost!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★

I use ghost every war and I almost always do two hits into phase. Ive been doing this for probably around a year. This hasn't been an issue for me.

Trust me you wil when there light you
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    This is good to know. Thanks!
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★

which AW tier?

I would say got pretty lucky then.

I rarely do 2 hit phase in War and it still happens from time to time when I'm not listening to myself.

Keep doing it but now you know what happend if you get parried :)

Yeah AI speed was tweaked not too long after ghost got really popular in AW though kabam denies it. It’s part of the reason people don’t use her as heavily there anymore. I don’t mind them changing the AI but at least be honest about it otherwise it’s basically a bug that needs fixing like how sentinel could no longer be punished after his sp1 a while back.

@Dawnbringer_1

I agree except the part where this parry thing is the reason she wasn't used as much in War.

I would think Stubborn and Protect had a pretty big impact in the usage of Ghost.

Ghost season has starting again tho :)
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Seraphion said:

Yeah AI speed was tweaked not too long after ghost got really popular in AW though kabam denies it. It’s part of the reason people don’t use her as heavily there anymore. I don’t mind them changing the AI but at least be honest about it otherwise it’s basically a bug that needs fixing like how sentinel could no longer be punished after his sp1 a while back.

@Dawnbringer_1

I agree except the part where this parry thing is the reason she wasn't used as much in War.

I would think Stubborn and Protect had a pretty big impact in the usage of Ghost.

Ghost season has starting again tho :)
    Yeah I’m talking before alliance war tactics though, back around the time they first introduced those heavy and intercept indestructible nodes. I think it was around when annihilus was added.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Ive had no issues and have used ghost in tiers 2/3/4/5. I will always do 2 miss phase then medium, unless it’s korg.

Ive had no issues and have used ghost in tiers 2/3/4/5. I will always do 2 miss phase then medium, unless it’s korg.
    Then you have been super lucky until now that the AI never parried you.