**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is there a heal block(Passive) in EQ?

H3neRyH3neRy Posts: 309 ★★★
Warning: This post may Trigger some people, feel free to share your thoughts but please don't take it personally. This opinion is based on my personal experience and it may not be a representation of yours.

Here goes,

I'm a semi ftp player. I like so many others play arena as it is an important unit source.

With this being said, not everyone but most arena grinders (not you who's disagreeing with me) run liquid courage and double edge for easy grinds.

Those who run these masteries know how many units it takes to unlock them and it also takes a certain amount to change them.

Now, if this heal block is here to stay then fine I'll switch off suicide masteries before EQ and only activate them after I've completed it 100 %.
(Duh! Or you can run arena without suicides?)

Yes i can and maybe I'll have to but if kabam can please rethink this heal block strategy one more time please 🙏.
It will be very helpful.

Comments

• TimestoneAdarsHTimestoneAdarsH Posts: 111
    Ben93 said:

Yes, this is a good slap in the face of people playing with suicide masteries. You have to play skill champs that shrug off these debuffs like Mole-man, Shang-Chi...
    As the science one, very bad global node.

Use Petrify Champs And u r good to go
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    The heal block is there so that you’re not healing off of all the none damaging debuffs put on you. It makes sense in that circumstance but it screws over people who use suicides.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    On the one hand, you have a lot of end game players who say Cav difficulty is too easy.

One the other, you have end game players complaining that content is too hard because they run "suicides" and cannot heal with Willpower in one chapter of the a six chapter quest.

Kabam simply cannot make everyone happy.

Personally, I set my mastery tree so I can switch my offense only (~60 units) when needed. Or I use champs that can purify debuffs (several skill champs do this). Or use Fury/DPX on the team to mitigate at least one of the debuffs.

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

On the one hand, you have a lot of end game players who say Cav difficulty is too easy.

One the other, you have end game players complaining that content is too hard because they run "suicides" and cannot heal with Willpower in one chapter of the a six chapter quest.

Kabam simply cannot make everyone happy.

Personally, I set my mastery tree so I can switch my offense only (~60 units) when needed. Or I use champs that can purify debuffs (several skill champs do this). Or use Fury/DPX on the team to mitigate at least one of the debuffs.

Very true. When people complained about not having champs in a particular class, people said you a different class since cav eq was easy. Not sure what has changed. You don't need to change your mastery at all. Just use double immune champs from other classes. Kabam may change it to a heal reduction in the coming months.
  • BugSpotterBugSpotter Posts: 2
    Why ? Otherwise all the debuffs from the skill node would heal you if you have willpower, and most do.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,150 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

Just regarding the willpower mastery: what is the point of providing this mastery (which ties up a fair amount of mastery points to access it) just to keep introducing champs, effects and nodes that counteract or even punish it. I don't think it is entirely fair to keep reducing the value of the willpower mastery even after the big nerf to it.

I have one point in will power and if i get a non damaging debuff on me, I can heal so fast in fights. Using ghost or someone who doesn't take a lot of blocked hits you go in at low health and next you know you have saved yourself 2 lvl 5 health pots.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Use immunity champs or champs that can shrug off debuffs. I used a mixture of the 2. Theres plenty of champs that do both
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    They should change one line in the global so that skill attackers also shrug damaging debuffs.

Problem solved for everyone
  • ShevvelShevvel Posts: 179
    I mostly used hm, mole man, nick and my mvp is korg.. He also does insane damage..
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Turn off your suicides they aren’t needed, you just think they are.

Also, I love it when someone self proclaimed “ftp” then goes on a rant. When did people care if your opinion comes from someone that doesn’t spend on a mobile game or not. I lose all respect for someone that has to make a point in telling the world they are “ftp” or “whale”. No one cares.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★

I feel a great swell of pity for the person who didn't realise there was a downside to playing with the 'suicide masteries'.

If only they'd known in advance.

You're ignoring the fact that the Will Power mastery is generally factored into the decision to run Suicides or not. Your comment is disingenuous. It suggests that having entire quests with heal block for every path is common quest design in this game.Some people just don't like to spend the units on unlocking masteries. And claim it's not because they want to spend units on other things, but that they just don't want to. That's fine, but to suggest that a design issue doesn't exist simply because it doesn't affect you is pretty closed minded IMO.

I feel a great swell of pity for the person who didn't realise there was a downside to playing with the 'suicide masteries'.

You're ignoring the fact that the Will Power mastery is generally factored into the decision to run Suicides or not. Your comment is disingenuous. It suggests that having entire quests with heal block for every path is common quest design in this game.Some people just don't like to spend the units on unlocking masteries. And claim it's not because they want to spend units on other things, but that they just don't want to. That's fine, but to suggest that a design issue doesn't exist simply because it doesn't affect you is pretty closed minded IMO.
    No the point is they are called suicides for a reason. If you have them on, expect to lose health.
  • H3neRyH3neRy Posts: 309 ★★★

H3neRy said:

Warning: This post may Trigger some people, feel free to share your thoughts but please don't take it personally. This opinion is based on my personal experience and it may not be a representation of yours.

Here goes,

I'm a semi ftp player. I like so many others play arena as it is an important unit source.

With this being said, not everyone but most arena grinders (not you who's disagreeing with me) run liquid courage and double edge for easy grinds.

Those who run these masteries know how many units it takes to unlock them and it also takes a certain amount to change them.

Now, if this heal block is here to stay then fine I'll switch off suicide masteries before EQ and only activate them after I've completed it 100 %.
    (Duh! Or you can run arena without suicides?)

Yes i can and maybe I'll have to but if kabam can please rethink this heal block strategy one more time please 🙏.
    It will be very helpful.

Yeah, I was disappointed as well. I feel like if there were a pro-Suicides player on the dev team for this month's EQ they might have spoken up about this during the design process. But, obviously I have idea what the discussions that took place were around this.

Yes, we understand that there are Skill champs designed to shrug off, but in practice.. a good many of them do not do so with 100% accuracy. Including KP, who I still believe is bugged to never ever shrug Double Edge. With or without Hood on the team. I'm pretty sure in all the times I've used him since his update, it's been a 0% chance to shrug Double Edge.

At first I thought it was just the Skill map. But then I discovered there were other Heal Block nodes scattered about in other quests. The problem is that it actually makes it so you end up just ignoring the nodes you are supposed to follow (use a certain champ, etc.) and just picking a team that has the best chance of survival under the Heal Block. Basically making the whole design of the quests useless in a way.

This is compounded by the ridiculous mastery respec process that we still have. First fix the mastery system, then talk to us about spamming Heal Block nodes in EQ afterwards. At least it would be a different discussion at that point.
    So you get what I'm saying. Great response.
    Shevvel said:

I mostly used hm, mole man, nick and my mvp is korg.. He also does insane damage..

Yeah I'm using an all robot team guilly, warlock, ultron and Sentinel. A little challenging but really enjoyable.

Jaded said:

No the point is they are called suicides for a reason. If you have them on, expect to lose health.
    Lol, "lose health", sure.. but there's a difference between ending your very first fight at 98% on one path and 50% on another. Both with zero hits received. Using the same champion on each who is actually designed to be one of the ones used on the Tech Map. I tested this using HB and that was the result. Losing half health on the very first fight? All because they didn't want us to get the very small heal from Heal or Hide? It's just unnecessary design.
    Fantastic take. Finally someone who gets it.

Jaded said:

Lol, "lose health", sure.. but there's a difference between ending your very first fight at 98% on one path and 50% on another. Both with zero hits received. Using the same champion on each who is actually designed to be one of the ones used on the Tech Map. I tested this using HB and that was the result. Losing half health on the very first fight? All because they didn't want us to get the very small heal from Heal or Hide? It's just unnecessary design.
    Yeah lose health, you can chuckle all you want at it. If the user decides to put masteries that are intended to lower your health, then the user must accept the nodes in front of them OR change their masteries. Always ready to blame kabam, smh.

Jaded said:

Turn off your suicides they aren’t needed, you just think they are.

Also, I love it when someone self proclaimed “ftp” then goes on a rant. When did people care if your opinion comes from someone that doesn’t spend on a mobile game or not. I lose all respect for someone that has to make a point in telling the world they are “ftp” or “whale”. No one cares.

Agree about ones spending preference not having any bearing on most issues. However, your post seems to indicate you are one of the players who have never played with Suicides before and also believe it makes you superior? Either way, what's the reason for attempting to create an Us vs Them dynamic when it comes to those who prefer Suicides and those who don't? We already have enough of that in the community as it is. Concerning "Ftp vs spenders" or "Veteran vs Progressing Players", etc.

"They are not needed." Poor quest design isn't a reason to claim your mastery preference is superior to someone else's. Again, we seem to be ignoring the fact that the ridiculous mastery respec process is a major part of the underlying problem to begin with.

The respec is a problem, I haven’t touched on that. I have ran suicides, I have not used them in years. I enjoy using champions abilities to their fullest, and disagree that anyone “has to have suicides” to be effective. Also, I don’t hold myself above any standard or anyone. My opinions are of my thoughts only and represent just that.

Try to assess the topic and not address your feelings about me. You’ll be wrong everytime.