**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why can’t del champions? Opinion

As of May third we can’t sell any champion, and I get it, I’m one of those who always encourage new players to keep all their champions, there are really few and rare scenarios where you can sell a champion in your favor.

But why can’t I sell any? There are some champions whom I’ve been avoiding and if I got them as a 3* or 4* I’ll sell them, it haven’t been easy but that’s what I want for my account, in the end after all my time and money invested here, shouldn’t be I who decides if I want to keep a champion?

And I get it, we shouldn’t share our password but there are some cases where someone could take your device and sell your champions, but can’t we have something to prevent that more friendly to the user? I guess that I’m the case of sell you should re enter your password, is that too hard? Well how about this.
You can’t sell more than one 6* a month
You can’t sell more than one 5* a week
You can’t sell more than one 4* a day
You can’t sell more than one 3*> every 8 hours

As for me that’ll be more friendly for us and we’ll have more control over our account.

I mean even if it’s so bad Kabam could profit from this by selling tokens to sell champions.

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    It is probably better this way, however it can be frustrating. Last month I had 9997 5* shards and opened 4x new 4* in a row, which was tragic :smiley: This is the only exception I csn imagine tho
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Never understood why this was allowed at all. The benefit you get is tiny, and easily outweighed by the long-term negative impact in terms of roster development.

Lol what benefit?
    Quick shards and a dash of iso, objectively speaking
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    You are changing nothing. We do not care that you made bad decisions and liked it. It is gone from the game, please stop harassing the forums with a torrent of opinions that rehash the same negligible points every time. It isn't constructive.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Selling champions was hurting accounts more than it was helping. You'd get some ISO and some shards (idk what it gave), but those were not worth the loss of a champ.

Now it's more stable for everyone as everyone would have to make the same effort to get the ISO bricks and not use the essy way of selling champs.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    That system is so flawed lmao. And just, no. Selling at the time has more cons than benefit because of how tempting it seems to form a 5/4/3* crystal.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Drauglin said:

Remember when Kabam put out content that required the use of 1* and 2* and people lost their minds because they sold their 1* and 2* champs? Pepperidge Farms remembers. That’s why you can’t now and never should have been able to sell champs.

Genuinely LOL’d

• S_A_B_A_R_M_AS_A_B_A_R_M_A Posts: 26
    I think that selling champs was not beneficial for account but i also agree with the opinion that we should control our accounts, it should be up to me to decide if i want to sell champion or not, idc what other think about my decisions

I think that selling champs was not beneficial for account but i also agree with the opinion that we should control our accounts, it should be up to me to decide if i want to sell champion or not, idc what other think about my decisions

Yeah but we control almost everything else. It's not like those champs are eye sores, you can't see them unless you scroll down and look for them. Hurts you in arena too. If Kabam had never added selling champs, I have a really, really hard time believing anyone would even come up with it as an idea and think it should be added.
  • S_A_B_A_R_M_AS_A_B_A_R_M_A Posts: 26
    DawsMan said:

Yeah but we control almost everything else. It's not like those champs are eye sores, you can't see them unless you scroll down and look for them. Hurts you in arena too. If Kabam had never added selling champs, I have a really, really hard time believing anyone would even come up with it as an idea and think it should be added.
    i completely agree but since it was already there removing it was kinda stealing more control over account from kabam
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

Never understood why this was allowed at all. The benefit you get is tiny, and easily outweighed by the long-term negative impact in terms of roster development.

Lol what benefit?
    Well, I assume people did it for the tiny amount of shards, which is a short-term benefit.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Drauglin said:

Remember when Kabam put out content that required the use of 1* and 2* and people lost their minds because they sold their 1* and 2* champs? Pepperidge Farms remembers. That’s why you can’t now and never should have been able to sell champs.

Also they said we should expect more quests that need them.

DawsMan said:

i completely agree but since it was already there removing it was kinda stealing more control over account from kabam
    Yeah but I think that removing something that hurts you, even if it removes a level of control is ok. Think about babies and kids. We don't let them eat whatever they want, we make sure to feed them good food. When kids only want to eat candy, you (or you should) don't give in. It's unhealthy and they need to fuel themselves properly.

I'm not saying Kabam knows better for everyone's account, but it's widely accepted that selling champions is like only eating candy. And then when someday Kabam releases content like Variant 4, all those people who were selling champs - eating candy - are going to be upset. And even if they aren't Kabam wants people to be able to play content, play their game.

So does removing the ability to sell champions take away a level of control over your account? Sure. Is it unfair and hurting the player base? Absolutely not, it is doing the opposite which I think Kabam has the right to do.
  • DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 180 ★★

Drauglin said:

Also they said we should expect more quests that need them.
    That they did. Also, for me part of the fun is collecting champs regardless of rarity.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    The point is ppl making that choice of selling and when they need it, they don't have it, which result in tons of problems and many complain posts in forum...

DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

Yeah but I think that removing something that hurts you, even if it removes a level of control is ok. Think about babies and kids. We don't let them eat whatever they want, we make sure to feed them good food. When kids only want to eat candy, you (or you should) don't give in. It's unhealthy and they need to fuel themselves properly.

I'm not saying Kabam knows better for everyone's account, but it's widely accepted that selling champions is like only eating candy. And then when someday Kabam releases content like Variant 4, all those people who were selling champs - eating candy - are going to be upset. And even if they aren't Kabam wants people to be able to play content, play their game.

So does removing the ability to sell champions take away a level of control over your account? Sure. Is it unfair and hurting the player base? Absolutely not, it is doing the opposite which I think Kabam has the right to do.
    i think it was not hurting the player base before too, you could not accidently sell champ there was whole confirmation, so almost nothing changed for that playerbase but on the other hand people who were selling champs for crystals ( if they had 9999 shards or smth) are on the bad side, yes i know its not a big deal, only short term satisfactory but sometimes it meant a lot when you didn't had to grind shards in sq or eq to get crystal for just 10 or 20 shards.
    It was most definitely hurting the player base before. Look at the whole Variant 4 situation. Anybody who consistently sold for shards or iso, was missing out on shards or iso in the future because they could no longer dupe that champion. For a few months or maybe years, it's annoying because you try and dupe champs for iso or shards but it is all new, but nowadays if I need iso or five star shards? To the four stars it is.

And that's the whole reason people don't like sellers. They say oh I really needed a bit of shards, it can't hurt. when in reality, it does. It's very short term thinking. I will occasionally be at 9878 shards for some crystal and maybe it would be nice to sell a champion (I still wouldn't) but those shards are still going to be there next month without having to compromise the effectiveness of crystals and champions in your roster.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    "Have more control over our account"

You see that's where you messed up. We don't own anything on the accounts we play. Absolutely nothing. We merely rent the account from Kabam. It's their accounts and they have ultimate say over what happens to them.

Think of it like renting a home. You don't own the home. You can decorate it, you can fill it with furniture, but if the landlord wants to make alterations to the insulation, the central heating, the electrics or any other part of how the building functions, they tell you that it's happening and you have no choice but to let it happen.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Literally 1984
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    We live in a world where coin batteries have to be coated in a bitter agent so that they taste terrible to prevent children from swallowing them... sometimes whether we like to admit it or not, there is a valid reason for doing the things that we find redundant and annoying.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Stop it. Get some help
    Seraphion said:

Stop it. Get some help

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Selling is a poor idea very poor. But if you really want to remove your champions you can contact support to remove them.