**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is there a heal block(Passive) in EQ?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    If the Nodes were perfectly suited to what you're using, it wouldn't be much of a challenge, would it?
  • H3neRyH3neRy Posts: 309 ★★★

If the Nodes were perfectly suited to what you're using, it wouldn't be much of a challenge, would it?

Yeah, you're absolutely correct. And I've realized my mistake. I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on and never ever post them on forums. It leads to people arguing among themselves and it just ruins everyone's day.
    Apologies for creating this thread.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★

Hey man, how's it going? Was missing these talks after talking a break from the arena thread. So, part of my point is that it actually ruins the quest design IMO. What's happening is folks with Suicides are choosing their entire team based on survivability against one single node. The Heal Block. Which makes the design of all the other nodes they put so much thought into completely irrelevant. I for one, can still do these quests itemless. So that's not my real complaint. My complaint is more that I actually enjoyed the puzzle solving experience of testing different champs who seem to be encouraged for use. In the case where heal block is tacked on, I'm more just choosing a team who can survive and just pushing through without the fun of attempting to play in intended spirit of all the other nodes. That's all.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Hey man, how's it going? Was missing these talks after talking a break from the arena thread. So, part of my point is that it actually ruins the quest design IMO. What's happening is folks with Suicides are choosing their entire team based on survivability against one single node. The Heal Block. Which makes the design of all the other nodes they put so much thought into completely irrelevant. I for one, can still do these quests itemless. So that's not my real complaint. My complaint is more that I actually enjoyed the puzzle solving experience of testing different champs who seem to be encouraged for use. In the case where heal block is tacked on, I'm more just choosing a team who can survive and just pushing through without the fun of attempting to play in intended spirit of all the other nodes. That's all.
    All of what you just said is part of running suicides. You don’t have to accept it, but it’s a choice you make when you turn them on.
    H3neRy said:

Yeah, you're absolutely correct. And I've realized my mistake. I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on and never ever post them on forums. It leads to people arguing among themselves and it just ruins everyone's day.
    Okay Karen, calm down a bit. No one’s day is ruined.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Turn off your suicides they aren’t needed, you just think they are.

Also, I love it when someone self proclaimed “ftp” then goes on a rant. When did people care if your opinion comes from someone that doesn’t spend on a mobile game or not. I lose all respect for someone that has to make a point in telling the world they are “ftp” or “whale”. No one cares.

Agree about ones spending preference not having any bearing on most issues. However, your post seems to indicate you are one of the players who have never played with Suicides before and also believe it makes you superior? Either way, what's the reason for attempting to create an Us vs Them dynamic when it comes to those who prefer Suicides and those who don't? We already have enough of that in the community as it is. Concerning "Ftp vs spenders" or "Veteran vs Progressing Players", etc.

"They are not needed." Poor quest design isn't a reason to claim your mastery preference is superior to someone else's. Again, we seem to be ignoring the fact that the ridiculous mastery respec process is a major part of the underlying problem to begin with.

The respec is a problem, I haven’t touched on that. I have ran suicides, I have not used them in years. I enjoy using champions abilities to their fullest, and disagree that anyone “has to have suicides” to be effective. Also, I don’t hold myself above any standard or anyone. My opinions are of my thoughts only and represent just that.

Try to assess the topic and not address your feelings about me. You’ll be wrong everytime.
    Yeah mate, not trying to be ugly or anything. I just believe in the freedom to prefer one set of masteries over another. Without the idea that one of us is 100% right and the other is 100% wrong. You enjoy the game your way and us ours. ✌️ I bring up the Mastery respec process, because I really believe it's the underlying cause for players to feel like they generally have to "choose a side" to begin with. I believe if the respec process was more reasonable, we'd have way more folks enjoying the freedom of experiencing both builds as they see fit for the present content before them. More or less uniting us as just players. And not belonging to one "camp" or another.
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    You don't need suicide masteries for explore cavalier quest, you'll obtain a lot o furies and win fights with 40 hits even with rank 4 champs and suicides off. I don't like suicide masteries, I turned off them 2 years ago and never used them again.
    JhonST33 said:

You don't need suicide masteries for explore cavalier quest, you'll obtain a lot o furies and win fights with 40 hits even with rank 4 champs and suicides off. I don't like suicide masteries, I turned off them 2 years ago and never used them again.

No one has stated we need them. And I respect your freedom to choose your preferred mastery build. We are just stating that the amount of Heal Block applied to this month's quest design seems excessive and unecessary in some cases. When I keep hearing folks say the answer is to just turn off a mastery that they view as a "bad mastery" as the solution.. is just proving that there's some room for improvement in the quest design here to be more inclusive of different mastery builds.

Does it make sense for some paths or encounters to be better with certain builds over others? Sure, but when an entire map affects one mastery build so greatly, that it actually dictates the entire team you bring, it's time to take a closer look at the quest design IMO. Especially when it basically removes the entire intended design of all of the other nodes.
    Jaded said:

All of what you just said is part of running suicides. You don’t have to accept it, but it’s a choice you make when you turn them on.
    H3neRy said:

Okay Karen, calm down a bit. No one’s day is ruined.
    This pretty much. Not every Quest is going to be Suicide-friendly.
    Also, I'm not saying the Thread shouldn't exist. Anyone can express what they want within the rules of the Forum. I'm simply adding another perspective.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    H3neRy said:

You say that like all the forum arguments will stop if you stop posting. In a sense, arguments are why the forums exist: they exist specifically to provide a place for players to discuss things among themselves. And most discussion tends to revolve around disagreement. If disagreement is something unpalatable, then the forums are probably not the place for you. But that's not an intrinsically bad thing about the forums.

Not to say that there isn't a significant amount of bad behavior on the forums, but disagreement, even heated disagreement, is not bad behavior. Most of the time someone on the forums complaints about "toxicity" what I see is someone who thinks the forums are supposed to be a support group, and not the platform for debate it is explicitly intended to be.

If you post, expect someone to disagree. In fact, I would go even farther: post only if you explicitly want to read disagreement. And for that matter, expect this in every public forum that exists.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

I used Shang Chi and Hit Monkey for basically all of it since they're my skill champs who can drop the suicides debuffs. Really poor design though with how many players use suicides. It basically forces those players into using an extremely limited number of champs which as I understand is the opposite of what they'd like. I'm sure there's some who would but I'm not wasting units resetting masteries for one quest of monthly EQ and not a fan of people being cornered into that position. My roster is deep enough I can work around it easily but it sucks for those who don't have a roster that can.

I believe Cav difficulty is meant to be explored by players with developed rosters, which is really the main challenge to the content. IMO this post proves this dynamic is working, because not being able to use Willpower healing makes it more challenging to a subset of the players who normally blast through this content.
    zeezee57 said:

JhonST33 said:

People don't run suicides for cav EQ, in fact I doubt anyone builds their mastery tree around monthly EQ. You not running them is of no consequence to what's being discussed here, having a quest wide heal block is lazy design. They created a set of masteries that are widely used, then they came up with a skill class node setup that would make said build too beneficial so instead they included a passive quest wide heal block to offset that benefit. People don't like that clearly lazy solution to a problem that doesn't have to exist in the first place and could obviously have been avoided numerous other ways. It's not about suicides vs non suicides, it's about poor quest design.

For the record I cleared it no problem because I have a deep roster with the ideal counters regardless of mastery build. The point is someone lacking those ideal counters shouldn't be required to burn units redoing their build because the node setup was poorly thought out.
    Having the ideal counters is what Nodes are all about. Also, Suicides only serve a purpose where time is an issue, like Legends Runs or the Arena. Outside of that, they're not really optimal for Questing or War.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    As long as the roadmap doesn't lie, and we can get mastery loadouts soon, none of this is going to be an issue...
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

Kabam: "here's masteries, they give you great new abilities to enhance your champs!"
    Players: "Great!" .. uses masteries ..
    Kabam: introduces nodes to negate masteries ..
    Players; WTF?

Cant wait for the new masteries next year maybe there will be one that can bypass HealBlock lmao
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    The problem is not the node - although it was lazy design, but the mastery process.

It takes so long and is expensive to always switch, even though I paid plenty to unlock everything, yet get punished every time I want to switch. Is like buying a Sky Tv package and then still having to pay more to change between the channels 🤷
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Also, I love it when someone self proclaimed “ftp” then goes on a rant. When did people care if your opinion comes from someone that doesn’t spend on a mobile game or not. I lose all respect for someone that has to make a point in telling the world they are “ftp” or “whale”. No one cares.

Agree about ones spending preference not having any bearing on most issues. However, your post seems to indicate you are one of the players who have never played with Suicides before and also believe it makes you superior? Either way, what's the reason for attempting to create an Us vs Them dynamic when it comes to those who prefer Suicides and those who don't? We already have enough of that in the community as it is. Concerning "Ftp vs spenders" or "Veteran vs Progressing Players", etc.

"They are not needed." Poor quest design isn't a reason to claim your mastery preference is superior to someone else's. Again, we seem to be ignoring the fact that the ridiculous mastery respec process is a major part of the underlying problem to begin with.

I used to run them full time and stopped almost 2 years ago now bc I was tired of changing for war defense and I wanted to be able to use more of my roster. I don't complain about healthpools being scaled to take people using Corvus, Ghost, Omega, etc... with suicides into account for basically all content.

Sometimes your mastery choice is going to be detrimental, that's why you have the option to change them or use different champions. The idea that you have some inherent right to never be inconvenienced by using those masteries is fairly ridiculous honestly.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Ive ran full suicides now for a long time, years and with my current roster even with heal block passives in 2 EQ quest i didnt have a problem clearing it. This month’s EQ has been more annoying than usual node design wise though.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    If someone hates suicides is usually because they don’t have them unlocked or they don’t own a roster well suited for them. If you know what you’re doing the only time you will ever really need to turn them off is for alliance war defense or a super specific fight where you HAVE TO spam tons of sp1s or sp2s and there are very few of those fights in game with today’s wide variety of champs.
    edited June 2021

Jaded said:

I used to run them full time and stopped almost 2 years ago now bc I was tired of changing for war defense and I wanted to be able to use more of my roster. I don't complain about healthpools being scaled to take people using Corvus, Ghost, Omega, etc... with suicides into account for basically all content.

Sometimes your mastery choice is going to be detrimental, that's why you have the option to change them or use different champions. The idea that you have some inherent right to never be inconvenienced by using those masteries is fairly ridiculous honestly.
    Void bosses are inconvenient. So is a single Heal Block path. An entire map with a Heal Block global is a step above inconvenience, I'd say. I agree with folks that there's a better way to design nodes without having a global Heal Block as their way to "balance" the node combination they created in the first place.

I mean, I understand the theory of what you guys are saying. But, the nonsensical respec process along with what I can only assume are bugs (KP is seemingly incapable of shrugging Double Edge for some reason since his update months ago) just make us resent this type of design. If bugs were fixed and the respec process was made reasonable.. you probably wouldn't see that many threads on this.

What I'm still waiting for someone with Suicides to state they think this node design is fine. Or someone who doesn't run them to say it isn't. Cause, otherwise.. it's just folks being divided along party lines.. 😂
    To be totally honest, I don't run them because I prefer not to swap Masteries over and over.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    The solution is simple, pretty sure someone has mentioned it already. The mastery setup needs an upgrade, it’s long overdue. We need preset or something that will enable us toggle through different setup. We cannot be paying every single time we want to change mastery, it’s ridiculous. I’d even agree to if they decide to hold off on reworks just so we can have mastery upgrade ASAP. Half if not more of the reworked champs will and are warming the bench for most Cavalier accounts. They’ve only reduced the sting when you pull them. And don’t get me wrong I’m not saying every rework should be like Mags or Colossus, but I’d like to see them work well in end game contents, AW and AQ. That way we stop see the handful of champs being used all the time and stop frustrating cos I haven’t pulled Ghost, this and that.

Jaded said:

Void bosses are inconvenient. So is a single Heal Block path. An entire map with a Heal Block global is a step above inconvenience, I'd say. I agree with folks that there's a better way to design nodes without having a global Heal Block as their way to "balance" the node combination they created in the first place.

I mean, I understand the theory of what you guys are saying. But, the nonsensical respec process along with what I can only assume are bugs (KP is seemingly incapable of shrugging Double Edge for some reason since his update months ago) just make us resent this type of design. If bugs were fixed and the respec process was made reasonable.. you probably wouldn't see that many threads on this.

What I'm still waiting for someone with Suicides to state they think this node design is fine. Or someone who doesn't run them to say it isn't. Cause, otherwise.. it's just folks being divided along party lines.. 😂
    You are hearing points being made by people that used suicides and made the choice not to use them because of the inconveniences they can cause. These are moments of passing on “first hand knowledge”. It’s your choice to heed the points made or ignore them but don’t just shrug off the experiences.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

I never ran suicides and probably never will since I love not having to watch which champs I can use specials and which I don't. But, I am a bit confused because we have had problems with nodes interacting with masteries before. Spite was a global node that interacted with every champ who can dex. Masochism interacts with resonate. Almost every node interacts with Pacify. We have always had this. My immediate reaction to any request for node change is no because I want to play the game as the developer originally intended to play. Unless you have a niche fight like a Acid wash mysterio, I don't like them changed to suite my roster or mastery or playstyle. That is why I have no problem with this node combination. The fact that you can use any other class champs with double immunity just makes the request a little strange.
  • edited June 2021
    Personally, I wasn't a fan of the Heal Block node throughout the entire quest - at all.
    If it was one lane, sure - but the whole quest? Not a fan. That's just my view & opinion on the node design.
    I think it should have been SPECTRE instead.

The argument "not every quest needs to be suicide friendly" doesn't hold much weight to me here. Should there be a quest next month that puts players at a massive disadvantage if they don't run those masteries? No, that would be absurd. Friendly reminder, that this is a tedious & casual monthly event quest - not a massive piece of endgame content. Nobody should be expected to change any masteries for an event quest.

That being said, while I'm personally not a fan of passive heal block, there are 63 champions that you'd be able to use in that quest while running the full suicide masteries to get through it without even realizing that the node was there. Not all of them are Skill champions, but that's okay - Cav EQ is all about utilizing your roster to the full extent of your knowledge.
    There are a bunch of Skill champions that benefit from shrugging off debuffs nowadays - and they work really well throughout the quest, even the Skill champions not a part of those 63 champions I mentioned above - you get 5 spots for a reason.

I personally used Mole Man for just about every single fight, and had a grand time doing so.
  • H3neRyH3neRy Posts: 309 ★★★

Personally, I wasn't a fan of the Heal Block node throughout the entire quest - at all.
    If it was one lane, sure - but the whole quest? Not a fan. That's just my view & opinion on the node design.

The argument "not every quest needs to be suicide friendly" doesn't hold much weight to me here. Should there be a quest next month that puts players at a massive disadvantage if they don't run those masteries? No, that would be absurd. Friendly reminder, that this is a tedious & casual monthly event quest - not a massive piece of endgame content. Nobody should be expected to change any masteries for an event quest.

That being said, while I'm personally not a fan of passive heal block, there are 63 champions that you'd be able to use in that quest while running the full suicide masteries to get through it without even realizing that the node was there. Not all of them are Skill champions, but that's okay - Cav EQ is all about utilizing your roster to the full extent of your knowledge.
    There are a bunch of Skill champions that benefit from shrugging off debuffs nowadays - and they work really well throughout the quest, even the Skill champions not a part of those 63 champions I mentioned above - you get 5 spots for a reason.

I personally used Mole Man for just about every single fight, and had a grand time doing so.

Hi mike, love your content.

🤔 The same argument can be made the other way. Any content that doesn’t have a heal block passive is made to benefit suicide users. I’d peg that at about 90-95% of content in the game.

With preset masteries, this could be avoided although kabam will likely cash in for that making it less likely then before to switch masteries.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

But there are nodes that benefit you, if you run a specific mastery. What's your is Mine is a cake walk with resonate mastery, but is a pain if you don't run it and don't have specific counters. As you mentioned, we have so many double immune champs that you can use to get through this easily. That said, I think it will be changed to spectre, but I am not sure how useful that will be. DDHK has a permanent spectre node on him, and he is as suicide unfriendly as it gets.