**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Archangel has aged perfectly in this game

odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★

I was going to use doom for the 7.1.4 boss but I decided to Go with AA 1st
It was a one shot
Lazarus never triggered
No indestructible

Comments

• firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    I thought everyone loved Archangel.
    He was the first 5 star I pulled that wasn't a "bad pull."
    This was back when Cavalier didn't exist, 6 stars didn't exist or were at least months away from being released to the public(remember when prebuff Angela was the best champ you could get from 6 star basics?), 5 stars were being added separately from regular "premium hero crystal additions" 6 at a time, 5 star featured crystals had one featured 5 star and not 6, and Blade was the best character in the game at the time.
    As long as you are fighting someone who can be poisoned and bled, he's a MONSTER.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I remember grinding for his 4* when he was released. He’s always been OP, but kabam released a lot of “immune” champions since which made a lot of people not use him. It has always been, “If they can bleed & poison use AA”.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    I use AA all the time. He is also my main RoL potion farmer, and with the synergy team I use my r5 kills WS in <50 hits every time:

AA (guidance pre-fight)
    Dead nick
    Wags
    Mags
    Red Cyclops

This team takes his damage from insane to, well, much more insane
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Agreed that he aged just fine. Him, Hyperion and Magik are the three main older champs who not only age well but stayed in the meta with no questions asked.

Wolverine also aged great!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Love AA.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★

The recent Archangel love makes me happy.

I remember this one guy on here months and months ago telling me AA was a bad choice for my first r5 because he doesn't need it.

I was always told that but it's so not true. I would r5 mine, but I want to awaken and r3 my six star so I'm going to wait for that.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Saiyan said:

Agreed that he aged just fine. Him, Hyperion and Magik are the three main older champs who not only age well but stayed in the meta with no questions asked.

I feel there where questions asked along the way. For a long long time i kept saying Hype was the best cosmic and with the release of corvus and cmm so many started to dismiss him to the point where it became a pretty big thing specially in the ally i was in at the time. Still to this day i stand by it. Hype is the best cosmic and there wasnt a single time in the game where he ever lost value in my eyes and it makes me happy to see that these days on every poll that gets made the majority agrees with it
    Actually I think the majority believes CGR is the best cosmic lol
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

The recent Archangel love makes me happy.

I remember this one guy on here months and months ago telling me AA was a bad choice for my first r5 because he doesn't need it.

For that one guys defence, depends of what yr other choice was,some champions benefit more than others as a r5
    Doesn't matter, i didn't ask if it was a good option. It was just on some what was your first r5 post by someone different. I ranked him because i wanted to.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Drenlin said:

Magik was actually one of the only champs that came out of 12.0 with a buff. Current Magik is not how she originally was

Pretty sure she got that buff earlier, didn't she?
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    He wasn't a 6* for a while, and they were releasing a lot of bleed or poison immune champs. The worries were understandable, though not really warranted.

"is not bleed or poison immune" is a huge pool to work with.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    He’s indeed a true OG. I love these types of champions. I have a feeling Captain America Infinity War will be the same.
  • TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    I’m a **** player, but when I got and duped AA as a 4 star, it was like the seas parted. Got me my first RoL one shot. Of Winter Soldier, not the whole thing. I’m a **** player.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Auce said:

AA has saved me in so many ways, well before I duped him like 3 years ago. Now I have him as a horsemen and if you add prof X to the team he just melts everything. I'm having a hard time justifying my next r5, Him Storm X, or 6* cable r2. I don't know if AA at r 5 actually increases DOT damage from the level up or if him at r4 does just about the same DOT damage?

I avoided taking mine to r5 for a long time because I thought it a waste but when I eventually did, I noticed a considerably shortening of time it takes to end fights. He also has larger health to work with in match ups with high attack values
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,047 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

Auce said:

AA has saved me in so many ways, well before I duped him like 3 years ago. Now I have him as a horsemen and if you add prof X to the team he just melts everything. I'm having a hard time justifying my next r5, Him Storm X, or 6* cable r2. I don't know if AA at r 5 actually increases DOT damage from the level up or if him at r4 does just about the same DOT damage?

I avoided taking mine to r5 for a long time because I thought it a waste but when I eventually did, I noticed a considerably shortening of time it takes to end fights. He also has larger health to work with in match ups with high attack values
    Not to forget the slight increase in other stats too. (Block proficiency and etc)
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Saiyan said:

I feel there where questions asked along the way. For a long long time i kept saying Hype was the best cosmic and with the release of corvus and cmm so many started to dismiss him to the point where it became a pretty big thing specially in the ally i was in at the time. Still to this day i stand by it. Hype is the best cosmic and there wasnt a single time in the game where he ever lost value in my eyes and it makes me happy to see that these days on every poll that gets made the majority agrees with it
    Actually I think the majority believes CGR is the best cosmic lol
    Whatever gave you that idea
    Lol my bad I thought more people thought CGR was better but after some searches I was wrong
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Duped him 5* again after act 6 completion yesterday. He put in work for ne throughout act 6. Domino killer and more. Imagine how juicy a r3 6* of him would be?
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,356 ★★★★★
    I think he's actually getting better, as there are so many more annoying nodes that he shuts down.