**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cavalier Eq rant

AddictorAddictor Posts: 376 ★★★
Hey kabam
Why is the cavalier eq so hard this month. Close encounters and power gain at the same time in 3.1?? Seriously? We’ve already got end game quests like carina’s challenge and gauntlet. Why is the eq still hard? Cut us some slack plz. I know some of you guys would say it’s your problem, we don’t think it’s hard. Bla bla bla. But it is hard overall. In my opinion, monthly event quest shouldn’t be too tricky!

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    It's not that hard tbh
  • DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 182 ★★
    Maybe you should stick to Uncollected. I want a challenge. Last month was a good start and this month is a continuation of that trend. Hopefully it continues.
  • AddictorAddictor Posts: 376 ★★★

Personally I’m glad to see the increase in difficulty, even though I have been finding it a bit harder to explore based on the current rate of my roster. But I think that’s how it should be, newer cavs should be able to do the easy paths for an initial clear, but exploration should reward players with more diverse rosters.

Seeing as how Cav is supposed to be the hardest difficulty of the monthly EQ, I think this current quest should be used as a benchmark in regards of difficulty. It isn’t insane, and it also isn’t a cakewalk either. I’m not saying there isn’t room to improve, just that it’s a step in the right direction. I personally don’t want to be able to just smash through the quest using whatever random champs I feel like, I’d much rather have to think about counters to the nodes and rank up champs that are effective counters.

Bro I personally liked your comments a lot. It’s really logic and it truly makes sense. And I can tell you’re a nice guy. Thank you for your thoughts and sincere comments.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Please make it easier
  • AddictorAddictor Posts: 376 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Press left to select a suitable difficulty.. there is uncollected, masters, heroic and normal to choose from.

You’re not the only TB or cavalier player out here. What I’m talking about is the nodes. Eq should be fun and basically 0 item used. We already got hard quests and contents. It’s not necessary to make this non-permanent stuff hard. Blade boss, guilly boss and close encounter with power gain node etc are pretty hard compared the previous eq.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Addictor said:

Haji_Saab said:

Press left to select a suitable difficulty.. there is uncollected, masters, heroic and normal to choose from.

You’re not the only TB or cavalier player out here. What I’m talking about is the nodes. Eq should be fun and basically 0 item used.
    You've just described current story quests.
    Don't know where the idea that eq should be easy 0 item content for everyone came from.

work towards the point where you can achieve that, it's not designed to be handed out otherwise they would've just buffed uncollected eq rewards instead of making a new difficulty.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    Addictor said:

Haji_Saab said:

You’re not the only TB or cavalier player out here. What I’m talking about is the nodes. Eq should be fun and basically 0 item used. We already got hard quests and contents. It’s not necessary to make this non-permanent stuff hard. Blade boss, guilly boss and close encounter with power gain node etc are pretty hard compared the previous eq.
    Why shouldn't MEQs have items used?
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Addictor said:

Haji_Saab said:

I explored Cav / UC EQ in the 1st week, now move to Master exploration. Frankly some of the paths in Cav EQ are tougher than the EQ boss. Those EQ bosses you mentioned are just "tricky" as you need to understand their mechanic before entering the EQ.

I'm not lying but I really spent 0 item on Cav Blade and G2099. AA/Warlock/Mag/Venom makes those fights as easy as possible.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★

Addictor said:

Haji_Saab said:

Why shouldn't MEQs have items used?
    FR just git gud and you don't need to.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    One more thing, I think OP should acknowledge there is huge gap within Cav players. Some just achieve Cav within few months via straight completion, yet there are also a group of players with over 20 6*r3 already. Cav EQ favours those with deep roster as each chapter is class specific.

Normally I start with completing UC EQ 1st such that I can get a feel of the path and boss, then move to Cav EQ completion and then exploration. Work like that every month and its pretty effective for me. I can't say itemless every month and sometimes I did spend a lot of revives in 1st time boss fight, those revives are more a cost of practicing new character confrontation rather than dumping resources for learning nothing.

Hope you can get through this bottleneck.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    Cav difficulty for Eq or Sq was meant to be hardest difficulty in current game. It was never meant to be Walk in park. Completion can be done easily. But for exploration one need atleast some suitable champs, skill and patience.
    I explored it in some hours. And that time I had like only 11 max 5 stars. And in reality per class I was only able to choose 1 or 2 champs from my order. For instance science was worst for me. But I explored that chapter by just one champion that was Rulk. I paired him with Mr F as 4 star and 5 star. He did whole quest by himself.
    Cav eq doesn't only test roster or skill , it also test Creativity of player. If you find this cav eq then select UC.
  • arbrowearbrowe Posts: 13
    Blades a pain if you don't have the right champs but other that that its the same deal as every month one or 2 irritating bosses with easy paths
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,206 ★★★★★
    Addictor said:

In my opinion, monthly event quest shouldn’t be too tricky!

I would like you to visit initial UC quests.
    Rank4 5* were rare, 6*s even rarer(most of the 6* pool is just okayish, 4*s was meta.

If only you were present during the launch of modok, imiw, void, kill monger, Aegon, emma frost, diablo, annihilus, darkhawk and plenty more early bosses, you wouldn't feel like this.
    Also players didn't had access to overflowing boosts like these days.

My slight annoyance with cav eq is the lengthy nature and time investment.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    Cav difficulty is designed to challenge players with developed rosters. If you don’t have the counters, it’ll be harder for sure.
  • Doug4theWinDoug4theWin Posts: 196 ★★
    We’re not entitled to complete these EQ every month. What we don’t earn, we don’t get. I’m focused on farming units this month instead of getting frustrated at that Blade boss.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

Addictor said:

In my opinion, monthly event quest shouldn’t be too tricky!

I would like you to visit initial UC quests.
    Rank4 5* were rare, 6*s even rarer(most of the 6* pool is just okayish, 4*s was meta.

If only you were present during the launch of modok, imiw, void, kill monger, Aegon, emma frost, diablo, annihilus, darkhawk and plenty more early bosses, you wouldn't feel like this.
    Also players didn't had access to overflowing boosts like these days.

My slight annoyance with cav eq is the lengthy nature and time investment.
    That first UC EQ i never did explore... the autoblock counters were few and far between and I just didn’t have the skill/hp to the play the slow game with AA or GP against that modok.
    Then the ice Phoenix in the quest before just topped it off