**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is happening with Passive degen nodes ?

StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
Hi Kabam what are you doing with Degen ?

Some days ago i tried to go on the Flare Path with my Hulk Ragnarok. able to regen on passive damage Ghulk is of a great utility when you have to deal with passive Degen with its "Face Me" ability... or should i say was of great utility as "Face Me" refused to activate !

Now, i had the luck of qetting Mr Negative Twice in Cavalier crystals :)
So i tried this one on the Flare path and... no regen activated even if the damage where considered as degeneration...

Having some doubts about this weird behavior i tested again my Ghulk and Negative on a Close Encounter node in this month EQ

The result is the same, no "Face Me" for Ghulk and no regen for Negative !
The damage is, again, tagged as passive degeneration but do not trigger "Face Me" or Negative Regen.

To be sure, i tried the same champions in the "No Retreat Node" and against a Dormammu but this time it worked like a charm.

And i won't do a ticket as the answer of the last tick i made is quite eloquent with its explanation of "Flare node" being "known as a none node"...

So please Kabam, Fix this and make Ghulk Face Me and Negative Regen trigger when there is a Degen passive like when they are fighting a Dormammu

Comments

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

It's always been like this and is intended to be like this. They should really change these nodes description from degeneration to something else

Either they change the description or they acknowledge thess are degeneration and thus should be treated as normal degen for mr negative.

As for Ghulk, its description state it activate Face Me whenever there is a "Passive Damage Over Time Effect" so it should activate in the Flare node or Close encounters node.

Their bad excuse of a passive degen node being passive and not passive, not triggering Face Me but doing passive over Time damage is just a non sense.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

Zan0 said:

It's always been like this and is intended to be like this. They should really change these nodes description from degeneration to something else

Either they change the description or they acknowledge thess are degeneration and thus should be treated as normal degen for mr negative.

As for Ghulk, its description state it activate Face Me whenever there is a "Passive Damage Over Time Effect" so it should activate in the Flare node or Close encounters node.

Their bad excuse of a passive degen node being passive and not passive, not triggering Face Me but doing passive over Time damage is just a non sense.
    The degen in the pictures above is direct damage. Same type of damage that comes from the Bane nodes. Bane bypasses Face Me and always has.

The best thing Kabam could do is actually list out what could cause Face Me to activate in GHulks ability sheet. I don't know why they didn't do it to start but it's annoying for us to have to guess all the time what will activate it.
    After some testing with Ghulk, here is what i found

All of these nodes do passives damage over time, some are expressively stating degen, others only direct damage but all are passive :

- Starburst : passive degen that activate Face Me
    - Bane : passive direct damage that don’t activate Face me but noted as degen while in fight
    - Flare : passive degen that do not trigger face me
    - Internal bleed from Fury : passive bleed damage that trigger face me
    - Limbo : passive direct damage that trigger face me
    - Mojo degen : passive degen that trigger face me

As we can see, all are passive damage over time but only some trigger Face me

The Face me description is pretty clear, it should trigger on any passive damage over time

As for Mr Negative, some degen like Bane do not trigger its regen
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    Honestly I see your argument, and there are many like it. But tbh, I don't really mind. It's a game, things don't make sense and I take it as it comes.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    DawsMan said:

Honestly I see your argument, and there are many like it. But tbh, I don't really mind. It's a game, things don't make sense and I take it as it comes.

This comment seriously made me laugh out loud! 😂 This isn't voodoo magic for crying out loud!

Every, EVERY game has rules of play, and that's all these nodes, character abilities, etc., are - rules of the game. What the F use is a game that just randomly makes up the rules as you go along? Who the heck wants to play a game like that??? If we can't get the game creator's to make rules clear and concise, it makes for a frustrating and disappointing user experience and that's what the OP (and many others of us) is conveying when we bring these things up.

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    This is one of the reasons I never ranked my 5* Ghulk above r4, even though he was my first r4. By the time came when I started getting r5 materials, I just found him too unreliable. There always seems to be some kind of exception that prevents him from doing what I bring him in to do, and I grew tired of that. I'm still a little tempted to rank him up since his Face Me can still be very valuable and there are a few instances where it would help me out, but ugh.
    So Kabam ?

Not a word ? Not even a real good explanation concerning the weird behavior of passive DOT tagged as degen ?

You will leave it like that ? Up to the players to determine if the passive degen they will get will trigger or not Ghulk’s Face me and Negative’s regen ?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Note the absence of the degen being described as passive by the game. Confusing sure but it’s not classified as a passive so Gulk won’t interact with it but yeah it does conflict with Mr. Negs written abilities.