**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nerf Variant 1

JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
edited June 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
With all of the MULTIPLE paths to cover, Grade-A Defenders, Class Oriented Chapters, The Ultron Buff, The Stacked up nodes, and Energy Cost all for "Not bad" Rewards; I would ask that Kabam tone it down a bit. V1 is Super OP compared to other Variants.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    JDunk2291 said:

With all of the MULTIPLE paths to cover, Grade-A Defenders, Class Oriented Chapters, The Ultron Buff, The Stacked up nodes, and Energy Cost all for "Not bad" Rewards; I would ask that Kabam tone it down a bit. V1 is Super OP compared to other Variants.

Like other said, do something else. It's not for you.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    How bout No!
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    No. They've made easier ones with better rewards. Get a better roster by completing the 3 that are really easy, fun, and rewarding, then work your way down the next three, and by the time you are onto Variant 1 you should have the roster for it.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Just give your roster some time to grow, V1 ain’t that bad nowadays
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Just rank up medusa
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I did this with a few 5/50s when I didnt have the other options. They don’t need to nerf it. Give your roster time to grow and Youll be able to do it. With my bad roster at the time, I managed to do, expensively but did it. I can imagine some of the new rosters can do it for the looooow
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    If the Variant is hard then it is doing it’s job
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Rewards should be buffed as Theres almost no point in doing this content anymore. 5* are beginning to lose value and will become the new 4*’s by next year.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Rewards should be buffed as Theres almost no point in doing this content anymore. 5* are beginning to lose value and will become the new 4*’s by next year.

This is the case with every hard quest in the game. The reason people push through when it is released is because the rewards are most relevant at that time. People always have the option of waiting until they can complete it more easily, but the rewards will have lost value by that time. I did a completion run when it came out and waited until I had the roster to 100% without using a lot of items. I didn't do Abyss until I had Aegon, and I'm not going to 100% until more fights can be soloed. By then, the rewards will be far less valuable. I won't be calling for a nerf or a rewards buff. Variant 1 is just fine.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I started going through this for fun this weekend. My roster is considerably developed and had a blast exploring chapter 1 and 2 to the point I just kept going this weekend.

I just started chapter 3 and the paths are still ok, but the end Ultron bosses absolutely suck. Before the Ultron updates, if you had Medusa, it was pretty doable. But now, even with armor shatter he still evades and much harder to keep the shatter up as you have to wait out the timer each time. Before the update, you just had to be aggressive and have a good intercept game, but that goes out the window unless you play perfect and have good RnG.

Yes, I know that Swedah, MSD and some other tip dogs probably still own this, but I'm no slouch and feel this last chapter (only die to the Ultron bosses) is stupid.

I guess I'll try quake as that's probably the answer, but we'll see.

I was planning on doing this, but honestly, don't want to fight these Ultron bosses 15 more times. Maybe if the block damage wasn't soooo crazy, but can't see dumpling items into this to get a random 5* AG and a 5* rankup gem anymore. I was doing it in hopes of landing a mutant AG for AA (only took 5 years to get him and all my variant gems have been mystic so far - crazy). Either way, was having fun, but that ended in chapter 3.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    It's a challenge. Let it be. Not everything in the game should be nerfed down because everyone wants easy rewards.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @The_Sentry06 have you done it since the Ultron buff? Would you mind posting a video of a chapter 3.1.1 Ultron boss take down since the buff? You're own. Preferably with a Medusa, Hyperion, corvus or general cosmic counter that is 6* r2 or 5* R5. Hats off and much appreciated, if you can/do. I could use the lesson and would love to see others, besides the big names doing it for tips and motivation. What other option(s) is/are there that can handle this (let's not say Hercules). Can CGR do it relatively ok without perfect RNG?

It really did ramp up in this chapter with the Ultron buff and trying to be positive about it, but having a hard time... Especially for the rewards. I do like a good challenge though, and that's why I picked it up and ripped through chapter 1 and 2 yesterday.
    Chapter 3 has me hitting the break's right now though at the boss. Paths are fine.

Even with armor shatter, still have to watch the evades, which was not a problem pre-buff. While waiting for evade timer, shatter drops off eventually. Without shatter, he'll proc crazy regens or power gain. Have to wait out power gain, losing armor shatter again, then he goes into regen. It's a bad cycle.

Really is a pretty silly fight now.
  • Wouldn't mind energy cost being reduced in the early chapters. But leave the difficulty.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Red Guardian for Ultron boss... That EMP Will melt anyone with buffs lol
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★

I would think the Ultron buff makes him easier to fight, no?

Came here to say exactly this. Have my "Agree".

Unless you're in the habit of getting hit, his extra damage doesn't make a difference even if it's just on block.

The "surprise" evade is what is most punishing.

@TitoBandito187 If I recall, the champs I used were a combination of CGR, Medusa, AArkus. I know when I was doing Science champs my go to was Thing. If I recall correctly, he was often the slowest but safest.